Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-06-2022, 02:07 PM   #31
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How Many Orders do Ford have for the New Ranger/Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I used to sell Ford - from 1997 to 2008. I remember the hype of the BA model in general. Plenty of people who pre-ordered the car were very happy with their purchase, and some were not.

Personally, I would not buy any car without test driving it first.

As for pre-ordering? You buy the car at full retail (and sometimes with an inflated dealer delivery fee), and then the dealer can hold your trade-in value to ransom until the car arrives. I am sure that some of you may have your trade-in value guaranteed but some people just assume that this is the case and don't read the fine print.

I'm happy to wait. I don't need a car until next May. If they can't get me a car in that time, then I will simply just move onto something else. At the end of the day, the wife doesn't really care what brand she drives as long as it is a SUV that is safe for the grandkids.
My contract is contingent on a test drive as soon as they get a demo in... My dealer is aware of it and OK with that. he has flat out told me that he knows I'll like it and that if I dont he could sell my allocation 10 times over so its win-win.

This is the first time Ive bought a car without having a test drive, or even seeing/sitting in one...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2022, 02:56 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: How Many Orders do Ford have for the New Ranger/Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
What if they built them here?! Would supply improve ?
Supply coming from 2 factories. Apparently, Broadmeadows equipment is still there????
It's not factory capacity that is the issue, it's semi-conductor chip supply, and some parts out of china that have been impacted by their covid lockdowns.

The factories in Thailand have a capacity many times higher than Broadmeadows could ever do. And i'm pretty sure Ford spent hundreds of millions upgrading them to increase capacity for the new Gen.

And no, Broady is nothing but a shell now, and Ford don't even own it anymore, beyond a few sections they have retained for prototype builds and engineering work.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: