Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default What the... !!??

Ok, I'll admit I'm not the most diligent person in the world when it comes to my servicing. We live rurally so most of our travelling is highway, for this reason I figure I can go 7500km between oil changes and if it happens to slide out to 8 or 9k it's not the end of the world, plus I tend to round out to the nearest 1k or there abouts. Now, I know the missus wagon is due at about 267-8k and the Fairlane is due at about 193-4k. Yesterday noticed the wagon was at 268800 and change so I serviced it today. While I was at it I thought I'd double check the Fairlane as I know it is due at about 193-4k and the last time I paid any attention to it at about the beginning of last week I noticed it was high into the 189's so figured if it was anywhere near 191k I might as well service it as well as I've got everything out and was doing the wagon anyway. Well I parked up the wagon and hopped in the 'lane to check the odo and it is now reading 196k and change, WHAT THE FFFFF !!
Now unless someone has borrowed the car and done a mad dash to Sydney and back via Melbourne, there is no friggin' way I've clocked over 5000kms in the last week.
When I had the cluster in diagnostic mode the other day I noticed it said I had used something like 83000 litres of fuel since the last trip computer reset. I thought this was a bit odd as I've reset the average fuel usage a couple of times in the last 6 months at least. So I reset the average usage again and the number didn't change so then I reset the average speed as well and the litres used then zeroed out. I'm now wondering if this somehow caused the trip computer to recalculate the total distance travelled and decide the car has actually travelled 5000km further than it had indicated. I can't explain it any other way unless I've had a complete brain fart and lost the plot, but I know it was serviced at 186k and I know the missus wagon has racked up more kms than the Fairlane since the last service as it did a trip to NSW and back not long ago and she goes to town for work every day so is doing at minimum 120km a day where I might average 80 or 90 doing the school run. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and /or can explain it to me cos this is doin' me 'ed in

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: What the... !!??

kids or wife borrowing the car for late night dashes?
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You're one of the older brigade, aren't you? I'm not saying any more.......
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Cheeky bugger! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
madmatty
dipstick

just do a ferris bueller jack it up and run it in reverse for 5000 klm.lol
madmatty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I resent your implication young man, I'm of perfectly sound..........., um.....er......what was the question?...... and who are you people and what are you doing in my room?.......... Somebody get me my glasses and where's my slippers.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I resent your implication young man, I'm of perfectly sound..........., um.....er......what was the question?...... and who are you people and what are you doing in my room?.......... Somebody get me my glasses and where's my slippers.

Bushbasher
ROFLMFAO!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hangover III, the Aussie trip..What happens in Aus stays in Aus

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

ah, the AU good ole boys strike again.

Dunno bushy, i've never heard of diagnostics mode buggering anything up

cool story: once i let my oil change slip for what turned out to be 17k. it just crept up on me. boy was i surprised!
Old 13-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Day-mow
rexnet

Normal servicing is 15,000 km anyway. So while I can't see that side of it being a problem. That is a lot of Km to have appeared out of nowhere. Maybe someone did a sneaky dash swap? Hahaha

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
Normal Neglectful servicing is 15,000 km anyway.
fixed that for you