Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
4ford

Default I've heard of one, maybe two, but three at once...

Hey guys..
Seemingly overnight my AUII Fairmont has developed a multiple problem with the electric locking system.

Last time I took it out, a couple of days ago, all worked well, but last night when I tried to lock the car as normal, only the drivers door would lock, with no 'triple beep' of the horn to warn me! All the other doors remained unlocked.

Also, after a few seconds, the drivers door auto unlocked itself!

All the external lights flashed as per normal!

Have I been lucky enough to have three failures simultaneously, or is there something else up?

Also, if I need to get replacements, where is the best place to do that in the Brisbane north area?

Cheers...

4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 
Default Re: I've heard of one, maybe two, but three at once...

Were you using the key, or the remote? Sounds like the circuit if you used the key, perhaps try checking the fuse?
Old 16-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

similar thing happened to me in my ef. Sounds like the door actuators. Common problem. I read here on the forums that if it is the actuators an easy way to diagnose is to lock with the key and when the lock goes all the way down lift the door handle (try it a couple of times if it doesnt work straight away to get the timing right) if this works - the locks stays down and all the doors remain locked, it'll be your door actuators.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know if a door is`nt shut properly and you try to lock it it will try and lock, and then it will unlock all doors until the offending door is closed properly, i`m just guessing but would`nt that mean there is something mechanically wrong with one of the locking mechanisms?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

Id manually try the front drivers door lock with the key, and see if all the others follow with the open shut, i know the front doors have the sensors in them that tell the others to open/shut if you shut one, so im thinking that maybe its just your drivers door not telling the others to shut. But if it works off key then i'd be wrong.