Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Rear power window upgrade.

Hey guys so ive just spent the last couple hours destroying googles search engine to hope to find information in upgrading an with front power windows to rears to.

Used the wiring diagram on here to work out the vast of it.

• for the rear switches I need to run cable 687(GY-Y) from the master switch to both rear left and rear right switches.
  • switches in master are earthed in parallel to (57-BK) a earth point, 687 also supplies power to all switches.
  • rear left switch receives output 319 & 320 for the rear switch and motor
  • rear right switch receives output 316 &317 for the rear switch and motor.
  • both rear switches have individual earths 57

1. a point I get lost is, do the outputs from the master switch for eg.

the rear left 319 & 320 (which are the control for the window adjustment) would these be connected in parallel to the switch to imamate the rear window switch being pressed or do they have there own lines and go straight to the motor. What prevents a clash from the rear window and front window being pressed at the same time.
  2. with the rear power window lock on the main switch, does this lock out power feed to the rear switches to prevent function?
  3. do I need to add any relays doing it this way? from the diagrams it shows a 2 power or 4 power window system use both the same relay and 30amp circuit breaker.
    the bem in the diagram shows to give an output cable 513 BR-PK which I assume is the active switch for relay (60 second time etc...) so in theory I believe just adding the extra cables will result in a working circuit.
Feedback on my analysis of this diagram would be great.
I would replace the whole loom if it is interchangeable on a standard bem.

mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post