Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
FYRE_81_AUI_00
woop woop woop woop

thanks mate, yeah i've already done that quite a few times on the AU's haha have removed a few AU dash's before

the series 3 heater controls i have still have the vacuum lines and heater cable attached from the series 3 car, that is how i removed them and just took the whole lot

the plugs on the vacuum lines on my series 1 were exactly the same (same plug, colours and locations) where it plugs into the under the glove box there

so you just plugged in the series 3 ones instead? no messing around with the vacuum lines on the back of the heater controls?

thanks mate
FYRE_81_AUI_00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
TK-421

yeah just swapped them over and worked fine. the bonus was that my air con hasnt worked since i've owned the car and after the swap it now works fine, i'm guessing the switch may have been faulty.

This is a diagram of the grey plug which is for air conditioner and demister control. the brown, white, black, blue/red trace is for demister. pink/blue trace, black, red/green trace is for air con.

as i posted previously you will have a black, blue/red trace, grey/black trace, brown wires left over, just tape them off.

TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #33
FYRE_81_AUI_00
woop woop woop woop

thanks again mate, that is pretty much what i did - i just wasnt sure about which black was ground that you have pictured there, but i assumed that is what you meant earlier

the only difference is i joined the red-green wire you have pictured to the yellow-black on the existing series 1 loom, because matching red-green to red-green isn't correct according to the wiring diagram i have, which i mentioned earlier

the only other difference is i used the blue-red and brown wires from the a/c loom not the demister one - the brown wire on the wiring diagram i have is labeled exterior lights for a/c plug and park lights for demister and the series 2/3 diagram says its for exterior lights also, which is why i used the a/c loom and not the demister for the illumination wires - but it probably wont make any difference

i'll let everyone know how i go once i get another set of series 2/3 heater controls that work

might have to make a how-to on this after all the stuffing around lol

cheers for all the help
FYRE_81_AUI_00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #34
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I stuffed me guts this weekend and instead of spending it on the car I spent it on the toilet so looks like next weekend I'll be doing this.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #35
aufalco
Alternator

great work on this alot of good info cheers
aufalco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #36
prostreet
Starter Motor

Default Re: center dash fascia upgrate (heater a/c controls)

Good stuff here guys, I have a series 1 that I want to put a series 3 dash in that I have. Can follow every thing here, but the wire colours for my clock are different. Can tell me how to swap them? thanks tom
prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #37
lolie88
Starter Motor

I know this is a old thread but i am attempting this myself at the moment, only problem i have is air will only come out at windscreen no matter what i turn it to. Anyone know where i gone wrong ?
lolie88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #38
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolie88 View Post
I know this is a old thread but i am attempting this myself at the moment, only problem i have is air will only come out at windscreen no matter what i turn it to. Anyone know where i gone wrong ?
The big vacuum connection controls which vents the air comes from, I'd make sure none of them have fallen off etc.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #39
lolie88
Starter Motor

thanks checked them and Bashed it back together and it worked.looks and sounds so much better now
lolie88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post