Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #6211
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Try Postimage. https://postimages.org
And this page shows you the detail on how to post the hosted images into the forums.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #6212
protectyourride
Protect Your Ride

Hey Members im new to this page , Ill start out with my name is Ben from the Gold Coast and i have a serious passion for cars and V8 supercars . My Daily job is my own business offer Gtechniq Ceramic coatings and my night job is my family all the in between is cars.

Last edited by GasoLane; 04-03-2021 at 10:15 PM.
protectyourride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #6213
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectyourride View Post
Hey Members im new to this page , Ill start out with my name is Ben from the Gold Coast and i have a serious passion for cars and V8 supercars . My Daily job is my own business offer Gtechniq Ceramic coatings and my night job is my family all the in between is cars.
Welcome to AFF. However site T&C's prohibit business advertising links.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #6214
Rodjama
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day everyone, I'm Rodney & owner of BA wagon with factory LPG. Glad this forum is up & running. Seems pretty easy to find info on stuff.
BIG thanks to the owners!
Rodjama is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #6215
tamaho
Starter Motor

Default New Kiwi

Hi my names Cliff,Im across the ditch in New Zealand.Thanks for letting me join
your forum.Working on a 2001 AUII FORD FALCON I6 at the moment.Im sure being a member here will help with any headaches along the way.Cheers.
tamaho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #6216
Rjc300zx
Starter Motor

Hi guys and girls I recently purchased an a au falcon series 2 and someone has attacked the wiring harness or possibly a rodent Looking forward to learning some stuff on this site
Rjc300zx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #6217
Shepherd
Starter Motor

Default Many Cars But First Ford

I've joined after buying a 2017 Mondeo Ambiente Ecoboost wagon a few months ago.
The Trend & Platinum wagons are diesel only, so for me it had to be an Ambiente (or another make). The only feature I would have liked that it doesn't have is autonomous emergency braking.

This is my first Ford, although I learnt to drive in my father's 1963 XL Falcon.
It was a good looking car in bright red with white roof plus chrome mirrors at the front of the front mudguards.

Of the numerous cars I've owned, my fondest memories are of these:
My 3rd car & 1st new car - a 1972 Mitsubishi Galant (but Chrysler Australia still owned the factory then & badged it Valiant Galant). Fun to drive but with a harsh ride & it wandered badly in cross winds.

A few years later I bought a new Peugeot 504, which I kept for many years. Solid, comfortable & roomy, it would have been even better with a bit more power, an overdrive 5th & quicker (assisted) steering.

My blue 1989 Toyota Cressida (bought secondhand) was a lovely car until it started to get coolant in the combustion chambers at only 89000km - apparently a common problem at around 7 years.

I replaced it with a 1995 Mitsubishi Magna 3.0 (2nd generation). I thought it was a bit like the Peugeot - compact but roomy, solid, comfortable & reliable. But it had rather more performance & an o/d gear (though auto, not manual).

I needed a wagon so I took a chance on a 2002 Magna 3.5 (3rd generation) which had done 138000km & which didn't have a service book. But its been reliable & I'm not intending to sell it. Its roomier in the back than the Mondeo & I find it simpler to drive - it doesn't beep at me for various reasons or make me select Park before it will let me take the key out.

I like the way the Mondeo's doors close easily & solidly, & I like the quiet cruising & comfortable ride (on 50 profile tyres). I don't like the "closed-in" feeling & the Magna sounds better both under acceleration & at idle.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-03-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Change door to doors
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #6218
Damobb
Starter Motor

Heya all. Fellow tappet head here. Thanks for the add I've already sourced some valuable info here.....
ONE DOOR CLOSES AND ANOTHER ONE OPENS... OTHER THAN THAT IT'S A GOOD CAR
Damobb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #6219
CRAIG JONES
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi thanks for letting me join I have a 2006 Bf RTV ute i dont have a hand book and would like a copy of fuse diagram have lost rear diff lock up .

Cheers Craig
CRAIG JONES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 11:52 AM   #6220
Sinisha
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,

I have a 2020 (Jul build) Ranger Wildtrak 2.0l. Last week I had an issue with the "Start Stop" function. Driving along stop at the traffic lights and the engines stops, lift foot of brake engine starts no issues. At the next stop the engine switches off and when I released the foot brake the engine did not start. Had to put gear lever in Park and press the Start/Stop button. Going back to the dealer in a week for a service. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. After that I pressed the button to over-ride the Start/Stop function. Since then has been working fine.

Thanks
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #6221
Razzer123
Starter Motor

Hi guys just wanted to see if there anybody on here knows where too get jackshaft bolts for the ford explorer. I have tried everywhere with no luck any help be good.
Thanks Razzer123
Razzer123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #6222
Edmil
Starter Motor

G'day Folks,

Thanks for the join. Have not yet got a Ford but am looking to purchase a 2021 Ranger XLT. I am going from a 2010 Toyota Prado as I want to upgrade the towing capacity.

Test drove the 2021 Mazda BT50 and while it was a fantastic car on the showroom floor it was very underwhelming to drove. The Prado despite being 11 years old had more punch. The Mazda also felt less settled on the road.

I have Test driven the XLT and it seemed a lot more settled and comfortable.

While I love the Prado the new Hilux just doesn't float my boat. So looking very favorably at the XLT (3.2).

Joining the forum to explore he Ranger in more detail
Edmil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #6223
gardstar
Starter Motor

Hi there have been a member for over 4 yrs do not know how I became a new member again but anyway. My2014 fg mk2 went in for a fix to a weep from timing chain cover and now has a problem with icc unit will not get off home ford command screen (frozen) garage are replacing with a refurbished one . 1st should I be accepting a refurbished instead of new and will I now have to be worried about future work or problems about battery disconnection .appreciate any guidance on this. regards Gardstar
gardstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #6224
Nepal
Starter Motor

Hi all.

I hope I am in the right spot to introduce myself.
I am expecting to pick up a new Everest 4wd bi-turbo mid next month. It is apparently on the boat from Thailand.
I am trying to choose which accessories to buy pre-delivery, and I am struggling with the different information you get depending on which car yard you talk to.
I can see the sense in buying some of the Ford kit to take advantage of the 5 year warranty on certain items, eg: dash cam etc.
The pricing on the Ford website seems to conflict with the pricing I am getting from the dealership.
In particular, I was looking at the large Rhino roof platform. On dealership said I needed roof racks, I think the Ford site says it isn't compatible with these.
Anyone had experience with this, and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nepal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #6225
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepal View Post
Hi all.

I hope I am in the right spot to introduce myself.
I am expecting to pick up a new Everest 4wd bi-turbo mid next month. It is apparently on the boat from Thailand.
I am trying to choose which accessories to buy pre-delivery, and I am struggling with the different information you get depending on which car yard you talk to.
I can see the sense in buying some of the Ford kit to take advantage of the 5 year warranty on certain items, eg: dash cam etc.
The pricing on the Ford website seems to conflict with the pricing I am getting from the dealership.
In particular, I was looking at the large Rhino roof platform. On dealership said I needed roof racks, I think the Ford site says it isn't compatible with these.
Anyone had experience with this, and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Nepal and welcome to AFF.

These questions would be best asked in the Everest section..........https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=394
Old 22-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #6226
Stumpdogger
Stump

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, thanks for sharing. Got a XM Tudor with a 302W C4 build in progress. I like modifying and fabricating car parts. Cheers, Stump.
Stumpdogger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2021, 04:30 AM   #6227
phez
Starter Motor

Greetings, lots of small fords, have owned them over 25 years, even the occasional big one.
phez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #6228
Kermie62
Starter Motor

Hello Guys

Thank you for letting me join the Forum.

I have two AU Falcon, a Series 1 and a Series II.

Also have a 49 ford prefect in shed waiting for restoration.
Kermie62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #6229
Ratcatter
Starter Motor

Hi thanks for letting me join i have a ba xr 6 ute and a ba wagon lm a ford tragic.
Ratcatter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 11:05 AM   #6230
Koshi3395
Starter Motor

Hello everyone,
I am Koshi I have just bought my third fg falcon 2011 model. I am thinking of changing MK1 icc to MK2 ICC Touch screen. Both are single zone. What kind of harness is required for that.
Koshi3395 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #6231
Peter L Jones
Starter Motor

Hello fellow Ford people, I am the proud owner of a BA XR8 Falcon. {went it wants to start}😠.I have been a Ford lover for as long as I can remember 👍 I have owned XD's, XE's and TE Cortina {that was a great car}. Anyhow that's a breif description of me.
Thanks for allowing me to become a member of the Blue oval family.
Peter L Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2021, 02:16 PM   #6232
Currie1965
Starter Motor

Hi everyone - newbie here. Have a Ford Falcon FG XR6 eco LPI - had Ford vehicles all our life. Thanks for allowing me to become a member and looking forward to getting some great advise ... Cheers
Currie1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #6233
XRACE8
Starter Motor

Hi glad to have joined finally, I have been a ford bloke all my life even though they do drive you crazy at times to work on.i have an xh Longreach ute been with me know for 10plus years as my work horse, it is starting to look worn and tired but I keep it going. I'm in the process of getting a xh XR6 motor to rebuild to swap over as I can't have it off the road for long. No doubt I'll have a few questions and hopefully learn a few more things I need to now from the forum. Cheers all.
XRACE8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #6234
Mark Delaney
Starter Motor

Hello folks. My name is Mark. My AU Fairlane is playing up and I wonder if anybody knows a reputable workshop I can take it to for some love. Hopefully its just ignition but possibly a recon is in order. Any info would be welcome. Cheers
Mark Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #6235
xc/aufordman
Starter Motor

Hi ppl
my name is David
and im restoring a xc falcon 78 with 351c fmx transmission and want to spray it gunmetal grey but unsure of shade as there is so many out there
xc/aufordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2021, 11:38 PM   #6236
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck, don't forget to put up some pics in the project section.
That way we can see your progress and offer any tips/advice.
If you're going to go grey, why not an original Ford grey, the LTD's and Landaus had a nice one.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #6237
gypsy
"Rockin Moonbeam a-Rock-"

Hi. im new here. Im lost... so many links in here. Where do i start an in depth question thread?
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #6238
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
Hi. im new here. Im lost... so many links in here. Where do i start an in depth question thread?
Welcome to AFF gypsy. This depends on the question/subject/car
Old 03-04-2021, 09:26 PM   #6239
gypsy

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

...somehow i ended up in starter motor, via ask the community. i want to ask in depth Qs about a car model i want to buy. and where do i get the reply? Gypsy
Old 03-04-2021, 09:30 PM   #6240
gypsy

Hi GasoLane. Looking to stert a thread to ask lotsa questions and info on Ford Territories before i buy one. I want to start in the rightplace and have neverstarted a thread before ...ever. Nor ever joined a forum. Gypsy