Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-05-2021, 09:30 AM   #6271
Kevin 24/7
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello forum members. My name is Kevin and I have just bought my first ford after nearly 40 years driving. It is an immaculate 2007 Fairlane Ghia with only 77000 KMs. Silver, black leather, Barra 6 and original except for lowered springs. All credit goes to the previous owners but it is my turn to look after it. I will look through your previous threads and no doubt will be asking some questions. Cheers Kevin
Kevin 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #6272
Lenroc
Starter Motor

To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Delaney View Post
Hello folks. My name is Mark. My AU Fairlane is playing up and I wonder if anybody knows a reputable workshop I can take it to for some love. Hopefully its just ignition but possibly a recon is in order. Any info would be welcome. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenroc
Hi All, I'm like many others it appears, not sure on how to communicate. I too have been in and looked at many topics and found them interesting. We have just sold our '99 AU1 Ford Fairlane Ghia, 206,000 on the clock, which we have had for 20years. This vehicle was in pristine condition, it has been said that this was once Amanda Vanstone's (Fed. Polly) vehicle when she was here in Adelaide. Sold this to a chap last Friday who is going to use it on Club Car runs, miss it badly, part of our lives for 20years but we have moved on to better things, I think. Went to Canberra a couple of weeks ago and purchased from a one owner Ford Tragic, FG X G6E Turbo. The Condition is "Mint", I have already had offers from Auto Trade people here in Adelaide as it is an aggressive and nice looking car. Only 80k on the clock, the previous guy has changed many things, not that he had to but he wanted to, before it became an issue so suspension, adjustable sway bars and a Streetfighter Air filter system make up the bulk but he has tried to keep it reasonably stock. The only thing I'm paranoid about is this Strawberry Milk Shake syndrome!!!! Does anyone know if Ford finally got their act together and sorted this out before they closed up shop??? I know everyone is saying PWR Oil Cooler is the way to go but its a lot of $$'s, yeah! I know not as much as a new box, but still would hurt the pocket!!! Anyway if this hasn't been sorted then the fall back must be Ford, surely they are responsible for faulty design??? As a Consumer Affairs issue, this part is "Not Fit For Purpose" and therefore would come under Consumer Law in all states. I was talking to a guy at Bayford, a Ford dealer who told me that he was going through 20 of these coolers a month so there is definitely and issue. If anyone can fill me in with a Ford Upgrade (Part Number) or solution to this please get back to me. Hopefully I will be able to find you???
G'day Mark, mate owned an AU Fairlane for 20 years and as your details are scant the only thing I can think off is your Power Packs (1 for each cylinder) If one of these are stuffed it makes the vehicle run extremely tough. I had an auto electrician put theses in as a coupor are a pig to remove and replace. I found if you keep the motor cool you will find it almost unbreakable. While you idle the motor it will sound ok, but under load you can go down one or two cylinders. Check these out. Good Luck.
Lenroc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 AM   #6273
jhelectrical
Banned

Default Local Electrician Services

Electrical is a business which specializes in providing expert electrical solutions by experienced & licenced electrician in Port Macquarie to you with quality guaranteed. Our electricians have been contracting & providing electrical services to Port Macquarie and the Hastings area since 1993 carrying out a broad range of electrical work. Our Electricians are experienced in many forms of electrical contracting from wiring new homes, renovations and extensions, to general maintenance and repairs of industrial, commercial and domestic properties. We cater to both commercial as well as residential customers.

Last edited by GasoLane; 07-05-2021 at 08:12 AM.
jhelectrical is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #6274
White16TX

Hi all, new member here. Just bought a Barra Territory, no prizes for guessing colour year and badge!

A wealth of knowledge here for me, thank you.

Rohan.
White16TX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #6275
DMD
Starter Motor

G'Day all

New member 09/05/2021

I have custody of a Ford F100 1978 cab chassis 2WD fitted with a 351C and 4 speed.

Basically factory stock condition with an aluminium drop side tray, airbag rear assist, Monroe gas shocks. Nothing else that I can see.
289k klms with a few issues to sort out.
It runs and drives OK.
DMD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2021, 08:32 PM   #6276
XR98
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello All,

I have just picked up a nice EL Auto XR6, near mint condition stock standard with low K's, so it will be good to see some tech knowledge and advice. 1st question of the rack is do these late EL XR6s come with a standard wiring loom connection to add cruise control straight on to ? ,I have found a connection plug where I think the Cruise Control Module connector should go, the car has ABS, Any help would be appreciated.
XR98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:00 PM   #6277
Patto 1

Cheers buddy welcome to ford stuff
Patto 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #6278
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR98 View Post
Hello All,

I have just picked up a nice EL Auto XR6, near mint condition stock standard with low K's, so it will be good to see some tech knowledge and advice. 1st question of the rack is do these late EL XR6s come with a standard wiring loom connection to add cruise control straight on to ? ,I have found a connection plug where I think the Cruise Control Module connector should go, the car has ABS, Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to AFF, your best bet would be to ask in the Post Classic forum, someone there should be able to help.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Old 13-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #6279
Depero
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

G’day folks,
Took delivery of our new Ranger 2021.25 PXIII Super Cab/PU last month with pre-rego GVM upgrade and alloy tray fitted.
Being our first Ford 4WD we are keen to pick-up on any any tips and advice this forum provides.
We will take delivery of a new Slide-on Camper, hopefully by the end of May, do a few relatively local shake-down trips and then head north from Brisbane to do the big lap.
Looking forward to the opportunity to following-up this intro with a post seeking advice on a matter relating to the Ranger’s “exposed” rear lighting wiring loom.
Cheers
Depero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #6280
ritty
Starter Motor

g'day from Geelong. Ranger wildtrack 2016 as tow for 19.6 caravan for a couple of working on the road retirees
ritty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #6281
breed
breed

Good morning fellow Ford owners. My name is Bill and I have recently purchased an FN Mustang GT and I am curious to see if other Mustang owners have taken advantage of the Tickford 400 power pack. I like the idea but the power increase from a tune only seems a bit ambitious. Has anybody got any feedback for me as I don't want to waste my money.

Cheers Bill
breed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #6282
Jobby74
Starter Motor

Hi all been a few years I finally got a couple more Tc cortys been a hard hunt
But I am going to finely do the dream I am hopeful somewhere might have some information for me
The plan 4 dr to 2 dr about hmm 7-8 years ago I had access to a 2 dr Tc I even had the drawings copied off the correct windows doors even had all measurements to convert but due to the big D lost it all roller and all drawings and templates what I am hoping for is someone has a 2 dr and could give me the measurements of door length and gaps between a pillars and b pillars
Pls if anyone can help that be very thankful
Cheers
Rob
Jobby74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 01:38 PM   #6283
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby74 View Post
Hi all been a few years I finally got a couple more Tc cortys been a hard hunt
But I am going to finely do the dream I am hopeful somewhere might have some information for me
The plan 4 dr to 2 dr about hmm 7-8 years ago I had access to a 2 dr Tc I even had the drawings copied off the correct windows doors even had all measurements to convert but due to the big D lost it all roller and all drawings and templates what I am hoping for is someone has a 2 dr and could give me the measurements of door length and gaps between a pillars and b pillars
Pls if anyone can help that be very thankful
Cheers
Rob
Have you tried asking here......................

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=80
Old 19-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #6284
Spider Brandt
Spider

Sorry but I keep getting a Email to make a Post to introduce myself well I did so I don't know what I suppose to do now and you won't except my photos you say they are to big well I'm 69 and I don't know how to do that and I'm using a Apple Mac Book Pro to make it even harder , Look I would love to join this site but if I can't do the things I would like ( shearing photos and story's and so on ) then I will give it a miss sorry. Spider
Spider Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2021, 05:13 PM   #6285
Tuphan
Starter Motor

Hello everyone. Thank you for accepting me into this group.
The reason for me to join the group is the strange problem that couldn't be fixed for a long time.
Every time it rains, the passenger side front and rear sidelight/indicator stays on even when I turn the car off. Sometimes even the reverse light is on and the reverse camera display is on all the time even if the car is in parking or driving.
At the moment I am disconnecting the battery.
I am pretty much sure that the problem appears only when it's raining.
Does anyone had such problem before? I am thinking that when it rains maybe some of the water gets collected somewhere the wires are exposed or the moisture which might cause a short circuit?
Can anyone tell me where to check ?

Thanks in Advance.
Tuphan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #6286
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuphan View Post
Hello everyone. Thank you for accepting me into this group.
The reason for me to join the group is the strange problem that couldn't be fixed for a long time.
Every time it rains, the passenger side front and rear sidelight/indicator stays on even when I turn the car off. Sometimes even the reverse light is on and the reverse camera display is on all the time even if the car is in parking or driving.
At the moment I am disconnecting the battery.
I am pretty much sure that the problem appears only when it's raining.
Does anyone had such problem before? I am thinking that when it rains maybe some of the water gets collected somewhere the wires are exposed or the moisture which might cause a short circuit?
Can anyone tell me where to check ?

Thanks in Advance.
We could probably point you in the right direction if we knew what car it is
Old 26-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #6287
Tuphan
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
We could probably point you in the right direction if we knew what car it is
Hey Gasolane, It is a 2009 ford Territory, I just bought the car 2 months ago and it came with this problem..
Old 26-05-2021, 05:31 PM   #6288
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuphan View Post
Hey Gasolane, It is a 2009 ford Territory, I just bought the car 2 months ago and it came with this problem..
Ah ok, head over to the SX to SYII forums and ask in there, also the search function may get some results.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 26-05-2021, 05:43 PM   #6289
Tuphan
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Ah ok, head over to the SX to SYII forums and ask in there, also the search function may get some results.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Really appreciate for that. To be honest I am still figuring out about this forum. This is HUGE !!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 12:54 PM   #6290
cathead
Starter Motor

Hi all, thanks for accepting me into this forum.
I own a 1997 EL Xr8 and was beginning to do some work to it. I require a respray, which is all good. However, if i was to do the job properly, (which i intend on doing) I need to replace some of the exterior rubbers. The main one that is looking pretty grim is the rear windscreen seal/rubber. Does anyone know where i could pick one of these up? or do they come with a new windscreen? in any case, i would be happy to buy a new screen if that is the case.

Any tips would be amazing!! thanks in advance.
cathead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #6291
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathead View Post
Hi all, thanks for accepting me into this forum.
I own a 1997 EL Xr8 and was beginning to do some work to it. I require a respray, which is all good. However, if i was to do the job properly, (which i intend on doing) I need to replace some of the exterior rubbers. The main one that is looking pretty grim is the rear windscreen seal/rubber. Does anyone know where i could pick one of these up? or do they come with a new windscreen? in any case, i would be happy to buy a new screen if that is the case.

Any tips would be amazing!! thanks in advance.
Welcome to AFF Cathead.

I'd check with a windcscreen company about the seal or you could ask GTLEGEND here.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578
Old 30-05-2021, 11:56 AM   #6292
RAWF6X
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,
Diesel mechanic 16 years
Business owner RAW Mechanical 2 years.
New venture RAW Motorsport 2021.
I have purchased a F6X as a runabout for the mrs/Motorsport promotional vehicle.
Look forward to sharing with everyone and being a part of the awesome collective of information here for everyone to enjoy.
Regards
Ryan
RAWF6X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #6293
Lee Fogarty
Starter Motor

Hi All, Great to get involved with the forum. I am Perth based with a few vehicles on the go including a favourite 2008 FPV pursuit ute which is a lot of fun. Currently chasing a set of genuine ford roof racks for our 2013 territory. Would appreciate any leads. Many thanks
Lee Fogarty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #6294
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Fogarty View Post
Hi All, Great to get involved with the forum. I am Perth based with a few vehicles on the go including a favourite 2008 FPV pursuit ute which is a lot of fun. Currently chasing a set of genuine ford roof racks for our 2013 territory. Would appreciate any leads. Many thanks
Welcome to AFF Lee. If you want genuine new ones try asking GT LEGEND.............here

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578
Old 04-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #6295
RVThereYet
Starter Motor

G'Day all > love the information sharing on this site!!

We are based in Geelong VIC, and have a 2018 Ford Wildtrak 4x4 that we use to tow an off-road caravan.
  • Seeking information about Battery issues the Rangers all seem to have (trying to determine the best/most reliable battery for the Rangers & last the longest) as well as
  • Review and understand information about FORSCAN Usage, Diagnostics and Settings, like BMS reset and disabling the Smart(dumb) charging system...
Cheers!
RVThereYet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2021, 12:35 PM   #6296
Shiny dents
Starter Motor

Hi thx for having us, live in Melb and I'm the designated mechanic/buyer for our family of five.
Between us we currently drive 2013 Ranger, '67 XR Ute, 2003 BA and two other makes of cars. (Holden an Toyota)
Manage to keep them up and running myself except for the big jobs or weird ones i cant workout.
On subject of weird ones, i recently drove my daughters 2003 BA petrol auto s/w and noticed it is maintaining speed when foot is taken off gas pedal (like its in cruise con). If i brake, it will maintain new lower speed when brake is released and so on till you are stopped.
When parked and auto in Park i can rev motor and revs will drop as normal when gas pedal released, also when car parked and auto in Drive with brakes on the revs will drop back normally when pedal released, tried momentary putting auto in Neutral when driving but revs don't drop back and speed maintained when put back into Drive, seems speedo must be registering a speed/wheels rotating for problem to occur.
Cleaned thottle body, checked elec connections and vac hoses, unhooked battery for 30 mins and tried a few TB/ TPS relearn/resets suggested on this forum but problem persists. Car drives well apart from this potentially unsafe issue and being hard on the brakes.
Any thoughts welcome.
Shiny dents is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #6297
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny dents View Post
Hi thx for having us, live in Melb and I'm the designated mechanic/buyer for our family of five.
Between us we currently drive 2013 Ranger, '67 XR Ute, 2003 BA and two other makes of cars. (Holden an Toyota)
Manage to keep them up and running myself except for the big jobs or weird ones i cant workout.
On subject of weird ones, i recently drove my daughters 2003 BA petrol auto s/w and noticed it is maintaining speed when foot is taken off gas pedal (like its in cruise con). If i brake, it will maintain new lower speed when brake is released and so on till you are stopped.
When parked and auto in Park i can rev motor and revs will drop as normal when gas pedal released, also when car parked and auto in Drive with brakes on the revs will drop back normally when pedal released, tried momentary putting auto in Neutral when driving but revs don't drop back and speed maintained when put back into Drive, seems speedo must be registering a speed/wheels rotating for problem to occur.
Cleaned thottle body, checked elec connections and vac hoses, unhooked battery for 30 mins and tried a few TB/ TPS relearn/resets suggested on this forum but problem persists. Car drives well apart from this potentially unsafe issue and being hard on the brakes.
Any thoughts welcome.
Welcome to AFF Shiny. Try posting this question in the AU to BF forum, someone there may be able to help.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 05-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #6298
Kiwimilkman
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hullo Everyone

Been a Ford Vehicle owner for many many years, Presently own a 2018 Ford Ranger XLT, Ordered a new Ford Escape ST, Been waiting 5 months for it.
Worked in a Family Ford Dealership, Parts Manager, Service Manager,
Dealership sold many years ago and are now retired.

Greg
Kiwimilkman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #6299
GeorgeW
Starter Motor

Hello Ford Lovers. Hope I am posting in correct spot. Have owned many Fords during life '52Prefect, '48 Fuper Deluxe, '64 XM, '68XT, '69XW, 2x'72 XAGT 4Dr, 2x'74XB351 2Dr Hardtop, '2010FG2 XR6, Currently '75XBGT 2Dr Hardtop. Among other reasons for being here am hoping find historical information on my XBGT It is 1 of 1 on 3 counts according to Ford Motor Co. Colour-Y045=Ford Corporate Blue, Trim-W=White 1 of 1 with options. Sold new by Peter Warren Ford Sydney.
Any known history would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the site!
Regards to all.
GeorgeW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #6300
BlackEB
Starter Motor

Hi All.

I have a few falcons.
Main Road car is gloss black eb Fairmont V8 with XR front end 💙
And few skid cars. White eb Fairmont V8
And TC CORTINA 250 XFLOW
And newest to the Family is 04 BA FALCON WAGON with the BARRA.
BlackEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post