Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
dematrix
Starter Motor

Default festiva radio code hell.

Im new to this site, so a big, how ya doin! to all, hope someone can help me with this.

Ive actually been for a look thru here, and around online.
anyway,
my problem is, i got a new battery, and when i went to put in my radio code i couldnt.
im getting the whole "code" flashing thing, and have even disconnected and reconnected the battery again and left the Acc on over night in a bid to try and reset it.
but i cant get it to stop flashing, and i certainly cant enter anything into it.

to be honest im pretty sure this is the first battery change too, since it was purchased new.
its a 98 model festiva but only has 42,000 on the clock.

i was told the more times you enter the radio code the longer you gotta wait till it resets, but given that the fact its had maybe 2 new batts. i cant see that would be it.

is there something i should be doing in a different way with a Festiva?

cheers

dematrix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dematrix
Im new to this site, so a big, how ya doin! to all, hope someone can help me with this.

Ive actually been for a look thru here, and around online.
anyway,
my problem is, i got a new battery, and when i went to put in my radio code i couldnt.
im getting the whole "code" flashing thing, and have even disconnected and reconnected the battery again and left the Acc on over night in a bid to try and reset it.
but i cant get it to stop flashing, and i certainly cant enter anything into it.

to be honest im pretty sure this is the first battery change too, since it was purchased new.
its a 98 model festiva but only has 42,000 on the clock.

i was told the more times you enter the radio code the longer you gotta wait till it resets, but given that the fact its had maybe 2 new batts. i cant see that would be it.

is there something i should be doing in a different way with a Festiva?

cheers
How did you go? The most you will get locked out for an incorrect code is 30 min according to the book.

I'm now in the same boat. I just changed the battery and need to enter the code. I had the card with the code on it, but now naturally when I need it, it's nowhere to be found :(
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post