Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default Novated Lease Rego ????

Got my new rego label off the fleet company today for my xr6 .
it's the rego sticker only with the usual payment stamp on the sticker .
no rego certificate , or greenslip cert came with it . that means even though the car is privately registered and MINE ! i have no proof of ownership , nor insurance details . when i purchased the car under novated lease , the dealer tranferred the rego over to my name so i had rego certificate and greenslip details .
found that a little unsettling really .

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Got my new rego label off the fleet company today for my xr6 .
it's the rego sticker only with the usual payment stamp on the sticker .
no rego certificate , or greenslip cert came with it . that means even though the car is privately registered and MINE ! i have no proof of ownership , nor insurance details . when i purchased the car under novated lease , the dealer tranferred the rego over to my name so i had rego certificate and greenslip details .
found that a little unsettling really .
Extremely. Did you get paper work when you transferred it? I would contact the company... every time I have done a novated lease the paper work has come out the other end after the balloon with my name on it
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Extremely. Did you get paper work when you transferred it? I would contact the company... every time I have done a novated lease the paper work has come out the other end after the balloon with my name on it
yes i did . i have purchase receipts yes . it is just funny the way they are keeping the rego and insurance details , even though the car is in my name , and they are noted as an interested party , its cool i know , i just though it would be nice if i had copies of my paper work as well .
Old 29-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
JimNiki
71Mach1

At some stage a year or 2 ago, they brought out some copr rego stickers which didn't need changing every year. There is a serial number on the sticker which can be tracked. After purchasing my work car, All they did was change the ownership details of the serial number on this ""funny" rego sticker. I'll get a normal one in the mail next may as it's about to expire.
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With my novated car I get the renewals sent to my place and I can either pay them myself and get refunded by the fleet company or send them the renewals, they pay them and send them back to me, or send them the details and they post cheques to me to pay them.

The insurance renewal that they pay direct, I get a certificate of currency within a few days of the rego date.

I'd be asking them for the paperwork.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
mash85

this is common practise.

i work at a lease company, and the novated vehicles are registered in the users name and effectively theyre your car (we just hold a security interest on the title).

however, it most states, NSW included, we can register ourselves as the recipient of the rego renewal docs so they can be renewed and paid for as part of the lease. part of the reason theyre referred to as "fully maintained leases".

if you want a copy of the rego renewal just call your lease provider or get a copy sent from the RTA.
mash85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep i don't have mine either. fleet company holds it. was thew same at my last job where we had some fleet utes, they held the rego papers for those too.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

rego and CTP cost $437 inclusive . is this right ? wow .
Old 15-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
MAV50L
Banned

That is cheap for the rego.
Was it for 6 or 12 months?
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
gtfpv
GT

12 months
Old 16-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #11
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

My CTP alone is $433 due on 7/12
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

perhaps they'll put the cost of the other, ctp/rgo in nexrt months driving report .
they cant register a vehicle without ctp at all possibly can they , that would not be possible would it ?
considering i have the rego sticker only , i can only assume that ctp was paid 1st . therefore , the whole cast would be $437 / or they have only deducted one cost this month and the next will be deducted next month , as the rego doesnt actully start till end of novermber . they gave me the paid sticker mid october .
i'll wait and see , on the basis that a rego cannot be paid without a greenslip ctp 1st .
Old 17-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #13
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hate to burst your bubble. My rego and greenslip costs according to my novated statement (keep in mind I paid then was refunded) was $437 rego and $311 greenslip.

NSW, VE SS Ute, Private rego

And, yeh, no greenslip means rego can't be paid.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post