Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #6151
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csi20 View Post
Hi I am not new to the Forum but ..I was csv8 but my account wouldn't accept my password. The reset password wouldnt reset my password!! My only option seemed to be a new account !! Maybe mods can sort out my account?
Merry Christmas and hopefully a much better 2021...
Try posting this on Site Support, Russ maybe able to sort it for you.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Old 29-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #6152
fatguyslim
Starter Motor

Gday folks,

I joined the forum a while back, but this is the first time am posting something.

I have a 94 falcon ed, bought it in 99 with 80k klms on it. Now crossed 680k on it. I love the car, very comfortable. Changed a few parts along the way and it is still going strong.
fatguyslim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #6153
tEZZA05
Starter Motor

Best thing I like about this site so far.. no trolls like fbook
tEZZA05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #6154
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEZZA05 View Post
Best thing I like about this site so far.. no trolls like fbook
Oh, they exist alright. Mods do a good job to keep them under control. Spend enough time in here and you'll get to know them.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #6155
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Oh, they exist alright. Mods do a good job to keep them under control. Spend enough time in here and you'll get to know them.
Who the mods or the trolls ?
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #6156
BoeingFE
Starter Motor

Thank you for admitting me to the forum. I do not currently own a Ford however members of my family do. I am a retired Flight Engineer, a group of people whom are now largely redundant, and I am interested in many things including motor vehicle news.
BoeingFE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #6157
tEZZA05
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingFE View Post
Thank you for admitting me to the forum. I do not currently own a Ford however members of my family do. I am a retired Flight Engineer, a group of people whom are now largely redundant, and I am interested in many things including motor vehicle news.
I always have loved all things aviation and used to fly lightys. Feel for you guys atm. Welcome
tEZZA05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #6158
Rob Thomson
Starter Motor

Hi and thanks for letting me join.
I own a 1969 Mercury Cougar that has just had a full body restoration and paint back to its factory Medium Lime colour, after 13 years off the road. The car is a matching numbers bench seat build, 65C body code with 351W FMX and 9" 3.0 open centre diff. It has been in Australia since 1985 I think and I have owned it since 1995. It is converted to RHD. It is the rarest 1969 Cougar body code, only 1616 bench seat cars were built out of a total of just over 100,000 Cougars in 1969. It is on NSW historic plates, and I'm really loving it again. I live on the south coast of NSW near Nowra.
Rob Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #6159
Pantherman
Starter Motor

Greetings and Happy 2021 to all Ford lovers.
I am the proud owner of a FG XR6 UTE and am so glad that i joined the Ford Forums its like having another friend to share information and view some of the incredible Ford cars that we have in this great country of ours.
Pantherman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #6160
Pedrod

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, First of all... Happy New Year to you all. I do hope 2021 is a better year than the last.

My name is Peter and I own a 2020 XLT Ranger I bought a few months ago, and I am in the process of getting to know all about the Ranger's.

Thankyou for allowing me into this group as I do find being a member of a particular group reading articles and asking questions are the the best way of learning about the "New Toy"

I intend to spent many hours pouring over many posts and "learning" from other members experiences.

Thanks again.
Pedrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #6161
FPV456
Starter Motor

G'day guys,

Have an FG mk2 turbo.

Can anyone please direct me to where I can post about the Barra's.

Cheers
FPV456 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #6162
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV456 View Post
G'day guys,

Have an FG mk2 turbo.

Can anyone please direct me to where I can post about the Barra's.

Cheers
Welcome to AFF.

Where you want to go depends on what questions you want to ask, but you could start with these two.

The FPV F6, XR6T and G6ET forum
https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=33

FG to FGX Falcon Forum
https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=350
Old 04-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #6163
MadElectrics
Starter Motor

Gday folks

Thanks for the letting me join the group!

I drive an old NF Fairlane and am hoping that I can keep driving it for a few years to come with a little help, information wise from the Ford Forums community.

She’s old but she still goes which is the point I make when work mates driving Holden’s try to stir me up about the old girl!

One guy is on his second brand new Holden since I worked there( about 12 years) after killing the motor on his 1st new Holden. Yet he stirs me up about how **** my Ford is?? Go figure !

My old girls done around 450,000 km was birthed from the Ford plant in 1986 and still has a bit of power left.

I do all/most of my own work and service on her.

As you may guess from my forum name, I’ve had a few issues with electrics over the 10 or so years I’ve owned her.

I’m hoping some advice from experienced Ford lovers may help me keep her on the road for many years to come, and of course I am more than willing to offer any advice that I have from working on this model for 10 years or so!

Anyway, happy new year to you all and safe, trouble free motoring in 2021!
MadElectrics is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #6164
NCBonnet
Starter Motor

Gday All,

Just got a NC Fairlaine in need of some work, but 213000 km and a v8, would be most interested in compatibility of parts between the Fairline and the Falcon, I know the windscreens are the same cos it still has the code sticker on it, but what about the bonnet, door cards and seats. Any help with knowledge or pointing out a thread is appreciated. Thanks very much.
NCBonnet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #6165
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBonnet View Post
Gday All,

Just got a NC Fairlaine in need of some work, but 213000 km and a v8, would be most interested in compatibility of parts between the Fairline and the Falcon, I know the windscreens are the same cos it still has the code sticker on it, but what about the bonnet, door cards and seats. Any help with knowledge or pointing out a thread is appreciated. Thanks very much.
Welcome to AFF NCBonnet

The Post Classic Forum would be a good starting point.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Old 05-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #6166
PaulE
Starter Motor

G,day guys

Thanks for accepting my application, recently retired and awaiting new Meteor Grey Bi Turbo Everest due late Jan or early Feb, certainly keen to see comments and ideas on upgrades etc.

Cheers
Paul
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2021, 03:02 AM   #6167
Only1MADMaN
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members (BA XR8 Newcastle)

Hi to all.
Thanks for the add to the forum. So far I have been filling my head with the knowledge of getting to know my Ford better.
Just a brief history that gets me to this post
Growing up most of my mates had Lambos or Porsches on their walls, I had a GTHO XY 351 red with the black stripes.
After hearing of a GTHO going for $600K a few months back I'm pretty sure owning and enjoy a car like this is well out of my reach.
So after having a lot of different cars over the years from Holden Gemini's to Subaru Liberty's (and most just daily driving tragic).
So fast forward 22 years later and I'm starting to get a car crush on the next best thing since the GTHO...…. that's right, THE MIGHTY AU FALCON!

Well I started looking on "I know what I got, No time wasters" Marketplace and "Will you take half the asking price" Gumtree. Finding out pretty quickly that every man and his dog was looking for the same thing and the owners of cars for sale had top asking price and were getting it.
So I moved on the next best thing...…………….literally
a BA MKII XR8 6 Speed Manual.
Now I paid the Covid Tax to get this car and its showing signs of its age with the typical roof lining sag, some suspension noise and a possible, no an actual rear main seal leak :(.
Anyway, I've bought a project car and I cant be more happier.
Cheers and thanks again for some great advice from the forum.
Only1MADMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #6168
NZRanger18
Starter Motor

G'day fellow Ford lovers. Just sold my 64 Galaxy and now the only Blue Oval I have is an '18 Ranger. Bit more practical but not half as fun.
Thinking of reupholstering the seats in leather, anyone have thougts on this. Pros, cons etc. Thanks
NZRanger18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #6169
BoeingFE
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEZZA05 View Post
I always have loved all things aviation and used to fly lightys. Feel for you guys atm. Welcome
Thanks mate. I had the best of it for over 30 years and whilst I loved the job I have also enjoyed a long retirement. I also held a PPL until my medical was revoked at age 73. No complaints, life has been good.
BoeingFE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #6170
Tonyl
Starter Motor

Hi,
Thanks for adding me the Australian Ford Forum, we use to have a XA GT back in the day absolutely love it but had to sell it to buy a house. So i am looking at buying an original GT XA or XB falcon in the near future.

Thanks Tony
Tonyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #6171
Baxt5.4auto
Starter Motor

Hi there thanks for adding me to the forums been reading them for ages and got heaps of ideas and information thanks all...
Baxt5.4auto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #6172
2005V64X4COURIER
Starter Motor

Hi all,
New owner of a 2005 v6 courier. Dual cab tray top.
Looking forward to sorting out the smaller and bigger issues of this car.
2005V64X4COURIER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #6173
Hitchy14
Starter Motor

G'day everyone, I have an au2 2001 falcon ute, I've just had it shut down on me , I think i have the code for the issue bASE or 6A5E , this came up on the dash odometer panel after I disconnected the battery and hooked it back up again , signal is red-handed, isn't the immobiliser system , I could turn it over , no ignition, but not now nothing , I understand I may be able to over ride it, thanks 👍
Hitchy14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #6174
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchy14 View Post
G'day everyone, I have an au2 2001 falcon ute, I've just had it shut down on me , I think i have the code for the issue bASE or 6A5E , this came up on the dash odometer panel after I disconnected the battery and hooked it back up again , signal is red-handed, isn't the immobiliser system , I could turn it over , no ignition, but not now nothing , I understand I may be able to over ride it, thanks 👍
Welcome to AFF Hitchy. Try asking this in the AU-BF forum.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 18-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #6175
FordFairmont
Starter Motor

Hi, thanks for letting me join, much apreciate it. Tom
FordFairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #6176
domaindriver
Starter Motor

Hey guys i'm new here. Not sure exactly how to start a new thread .So I hope this is right.
Ive dropped in here hoping to find some answers. My company has just brought 2 new Mustang Shelby GT350 for display cars. I am still waiting on the ordrers to come through and be deleivered. As soon as we get these two new beasts I intened on fitting them with higher psi aftermarket turbos. I hope somene from around here might let me know the best place to buy and have these fitting. I am aware that a few other things are going to need to be done also such as the ecu ect ect
domaindriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2021, 01:18 AM   #6177
rlesc
Starter Motor

Hi All, I've been away from Fords for a little while, looking at getting back into a ZK fairlane, does anyone have vin decoding info for these vehicles?
rlesc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #6178
US-Phantom-Falcon
Starter Motor

Hello all,

I am from the US, north east specifically, and Im looking into building a 69 2 door into an aussie xy phase 3 ish car. My intent is to create the car that ford usa never built for us in 69. I havent looked through the coupe section yet however Ive heard of guys importing 2dr cars to Australia and completing similar projects. I figured Id post my idea.

The cars are wildly different all over however my main concern would be making the front end look better. adding foglights, changing the grill etc. not sure on engine selection yet. either to stick with a hot 351w or swap in the hotter 428scj / boss429 that mightve come in 69 if they built the car.

thanks,
rob
US-Phantom-Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #6179
Jsh
Starter Motor

Hoping somebody out there can tell me what way around the engine mount brackets go on a el xr8, had them off and didn't mark them properly.
Is the right hand side bracket the one on the drivers side or is this the right handside looking from front of motor?
Thanks
Jsh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #6180
Puplett R
Starter Motor

Hi and G'day

I'm a new member from South Australia who has purchased a 1976 Ford Escort Ghia; the car is a barn find and really only needs new paint and some odds and sods parts.

For those Escort collectors out there I need help in acquiring 2 rear Rubber Bumper Over Riders; an interior light, an interior rear view mirror and a working Ghia clock that is located in the console.

kind regards Richard:

Last edited by Puplett R; 27-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Puplett R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post