Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #31
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

My dad's AU VCT 5 Speed has pacemaker 4499's, they seem to work well, but we can't really comment because they were on the car when he bought it. I have some 4480's in the garage that will be going on my EB in the next week or so, will I let you know how they go.
Old 16-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
My dad's AU VCT 5 Speed has pacemaker 4499's, they seem to work well, but we can't really comment because they were on the car when he bought it. I have some 4480's in the garage that will be going on my EB in the next week or so, will I let you know how they go.
Would be nice to know. Thanks.
Old 16-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #33
CongoAU2
AYE YOU

I Got the pacemaker 4480's in my AU. Can feel a difference in driving. don't have any figures though.
CongoAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #34
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had the Hurricanes in the V8 - no good the car had absolutely no bottom end power and it would not idle properly when hot - always hunting between 500 - 1200rpm with and with out the air con on and drone to the max at low speed ie:60kmh in 4th
Put new O2 sensors in even as there was no codes logged at all , reset the ecu - no difference and the fuel econ was shite went from about 450kms per tank to 300 kms per tank and the pipes were as black as night and there was black fuel dust on the back of the car.
Left these on for 3 weeks then put the Tickfords ones back on, thank god I did not toss them out totally differnt car - back to normal
I might try pace makers next.
The only mods I did before hand was twin 2.5 with X pipe exh , K&N filter and a SS CAI and I always reset the ecu after any tinker
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #35
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan B
The only mods I did before hand was twin 2.5 with X pipe exh , K&N filter and a SS CAI and I always reset the ecu after any tinker
Resetting the ECU after every mod, is that a good idea, or will it re-learn any mod made?
Old 16-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #36
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Resetting the ECU after every mod, is that a good idea, or will it re-learn any mod made?
It should re-learn by itself but I am an impatient bugger
i have heard to disconnect the battery for about 1/2 hour after you have a fiddle.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #37
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone is interested, I have a set of month old Pacemaker 4480's for sale. I believe the market value is around $ 460, best offer can have them!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 01:10 AM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probably is a bit big, but thinking of goin the turbo way down the track,also already had bit of 3 inch around from another project, think it should be ok but needs a resonator, have you guys seen how small the outlet is at the flange after the cat on au xr6 series 2 very crappy , you might be right Tornado well see how it goes, the tailpipe section came out really good, full marks little bro
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #39
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
If anyone is interested, I have a set of month old Pacemaker 4480's for sale. I believe the market value is around $ 460, best offer can have them!
I just wanna check one thing regarding the 4480 headers and my car before I do anything. Otherwise, they'd be gone.
Old 17-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #40
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan B
Had the Hurricanes in the V8 - no good the car had absolutely no bottom end power and it would not idle properly when hot - always hunting between 500 - 1200rpm with and with out the air con on and drone to the max at low speed ie:60kmh in 4th
Put new O2 sensors in even as there was no codes logged at all , reset the ecu - no difference and the fuel econ was shite went from about 450kms per tank to 300 kms per tank and the pipes were as black as night and there was black fuel dust on the back of the car.
Left these on for 3 weeks then put the Tickfords ones back on, thank god I did not toss them out totally differnt car - back to normal
I might try pace makers next.
Try the difilippo stainless 4 into 1's, people bag them because they are too big and you lose too much bottom end torque, but thats a load of shit...
I have had them on my ute for a few years now, and have not lost any torque whatso ever, the thing peels the tyres at idle.. :evilsasmo

Last edited by philstoj; 17-05-2005 at 10:49 AM.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #41
Chris
AFF.com.au

I beg to differ phil - the pacemakers are far and away the best option for the windsor.

Use a try y 1 5/8 pacemaker and save yourself some pain.

Phil, the reason why you aren't running 14.50's is because of the pipes. Im not basing this one one car, but the many i have modded.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #42
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I beg to differ phil - the pacemakers are far and away the best option for the windsor.

Use a try y 1 5/8 pacemaker and save yourself some pain.

Phil, the reason why you aren't running 14.50's is because of the pipes. Im not basing this one one car, but the many i have modded.
lol, mate, i think different, the reason im not running 14.5's is that its hard to launch the thing hard, it wheelspins to 60 ft mark very easily...
the car is making plenty hp, enough to run 14.5's, but its just a mater of getting that run together...
A trip to calder with a tight diff and some decent tyres should see this quite easily, as it has already run 95mph before this round of mods.
Old 17-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #43
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
lol, mate, i think different, the reason im not running 14.5's is that its hard to launch the thing hard, it wheelspins to 60 ft mark very easily...
the car is making plenty hp, enough to run 14.5's, but its just a mater of getting that run together...
A trip to calder with a tight diff and some decent tyres should see this quite easily, as it has already run 95mph before this round of mods.

You will lose 2-3mph when u hook up

Phil, phil, phil the car will make more torque and horsepower everywhere bud with the pacemakers. I use difillipo pipes on cars, and have no issue with the product, but those 4-1 on the windsors dont work. Ive done more of these than i can care to remember mate. whether its 347 stroker, 5.0, TFS heads of GT40's, from 150rwkw to 280rwkw, we have tried all the pipes.

You haven't tried the pacemakers on your car, if you did u will know what im talking about.
Old 17-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #44
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
You will lose 2-3mph when u hook up

Phil, phil, phil the car will make more torque and horsepower everywhere bud with the pacemakers. I use difillipo pipes on cars, and have no issue with the product, but those 4-1 on the windsors dont work. Ive done more of these than i can care to remember mate. whether its 347 stroker, 5.0, TFS heads of GT40's, from 150rwkw to 280rwkw, we have tried all the pipes.

You haven't tried the pacemakers on your car, if you did u will know what im talking about.
So which ones would you recomend for my 347 stroker ?
T3 TE50 stock auto

Pacemaker Try-Y(PH4001) / Hurricane Try-Y

What are the differences between them ?
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #45
Chris
AFF.com.au

Tornado, PM noddy, ive been through this issue time and time again, I shouted Noddy a set of pacemakers. Noddy will tell you how good the paceys are. Steer clear of the liverpool pipes.

Phil, phil, phil, ive driven your car mate, remember?? it wasn't earth shattering, it needs try y's.
Old 17-05-2005, 09:12 PM   #46
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Phil, phil, phil, ive driven your car mate, remember?? it wasn't earth shattering, it needs try y's.
Yes chris you have, but that was then, now its a lot better :
Old 17-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #47
Chris
AFF.com.au

u win phil, timeslips.......? drop in for a coffee you mug!