Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
bounceferret
Starter Motor

Default AU 1 Dash Problems

Hi

I've had my Au XR6 for about 6 months now but ever since i bought it it's had a very annoying rattle in the dash (coming from the centre vents, more so when it is cold eg. air con on.)
I took it to ford for a service , and i also asked them to fix a rattle in the dash. not wanting to pull the dash apart, they said they were unable to fault the problem. (ford bs)

The other day i found myself enraged at this stupid rattle, so when i got home i started pulling it apart (bloody difficult to get that stupid facia panel off) poked around for a bit and decided that the facia panel itself was tapping against the dash due to bumps in the road, causing the rattle. Now the rattle is now more frequent and louder.

has anyone else got this problem. (Every series 1 taxi i've been in, the facia panel rattles to the shithouse) my car has only done 110k though :(

any help would be appriciated.

ps. Ford also knew about this problem... if you pull your series 1 panel off you will notice 2 strips of velvet-like material on the left hand side near the vents.
bounceferret is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I had that problem. It is the crap retaining clips that hold the thing in. Go to a haberdashery shop and get sticky velcro and try to line the rubbing surfaces.

hahaha I LOVE THAT WORD!! hahahahaha cracks me up...
I always think of a posh ( homosexual ) deep voiced bloke saying it! must have seen it on a movie! hahahahaha
LOL i am a tool!
: :

ANYWAY
I had this problem seems to have dissapeard... mine sounded liek someone holding a leaf on the rotors of a fan.... tick tick tick tick.. real fast.
anyway i am over it now... it has gone!
:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a similar sound , pulled the centre pod out and found a screw was missing behind the vents....replaced it and its all good now..

just remember - you own a ford , you own rattles!

james
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
bounceferret
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
just remember - you own a ford , you own rattles!

james
I noticed this. My old EF was a rattle box. Ahh well worth the sacrifice
Well I'll rip it off again, and see what i can do...

anyone want to buy a au xr6 vct..
lol

I need money to afford my galant vr4
bounceferret is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post