Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Fairmont > Fairmont Dash swap..

As the title suggests.. I am looking at putting my black Fairmont dash into my fairmont wagon.. Both are Series II

I have done a heaaaap of searching, but can't find anyone who has done a straight swap of the dashes.. Can anyone tell me if it's JUST the dash I will need to swap? Reakon I can knock it over in an afternoon by myself? Dash Will already be out of the sedan..

I am not sure I want to go through with it, as I don't have time for niggling problems, but I realllly miss my black dash.. And if I do the swap I have a reason to let my T series Fascia find it's way in there too..

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fairmont > Fairmont Dash swap..

From what I have read and heard yes it should just be a straight swap. Although the only thing I am unsure on is if there will be slight differences in the BEM from the Fairmont Sedan to Wagon as this may mean you have to swap the BEM other than that all should be good to go. 99% of the problems are with going from Low series up to the high series.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

x2 on what BartsAU has said. Just swap the BCM's between dash's though and it shouldnt have any issues...!
Old 21-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Cam
Stroking it...

Thanks guys, now to decide if the hassle is worth it...
Old 21-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pulling a dash out and in is not that big a job. Well worth it so long as your happy with the black on grey

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Cam
Stroking it...

Will put my entire AU interior in, will just get the rear seat retrimmed, and get the wagon carpet done...