Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Question An interesting Dilemma

Well, this is only for the founders and premier members really.
This is a new occurrence where a founder has sold his AU to another person who is going to be on the site (yup, HOTDBZ is gone). So, what do we do?

My personal preference is to remove the car form the founders tag and give Dan a spot on either the Donating members or Premier Members tag.

So, what should it be? Regular member, donating member or premier member?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 01-05-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
neb
hibernating

dan sucks he should just be a regular member! :p

p.s. thats not an interesting dilema
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

If dan decides to donate he can be placed accordingly, if not, regular member it is.
Old 29-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Donating or Premier member (with some $$ given), but i hope some sort of reference should be made that it was previously HOTDBZ/Mal's car.
Old 29-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Note: pointless, useless or irrelevant posts are going to be executed in this thread. Nothing personal, just want 100% on topic.

Old 29-04-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Im not a member so i hope im ok to post on this, but i think because it was Mal's car it was a founding members car then. BUT now that its not his, and Dan is not a founding member, he should be either a DM if he does donate, or just a regular member if he doesnt.

And i agree with LG - make note of it previously being Mals car if Dan is ok with that.
Old 29-04-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
Twisted
Contributing Member

I agree with the consensus so far. Give him either a donating or regular spot depending on which he wants.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are the car's actually the founder? Or the owners? If so, shouldn't HOTDBZ always have a spot in the Founder's section? And maybe just one picture of his car should be there. And a message to say, that it was his car, and has sold it due to work commitments or whatever.

And then Dan goes to Regular member, or donating if he wishes?
Old 29-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'll mention that now that its Dans car he will deciede whats on the page. If he chooses not to refer to it as the ex-hotdbz AU that is his choice.

Dan will never recieve the "founder" tag. That is reserved for those who were founders (kooky being the only other person who has rights to that tag if he ever owns another AU). The decision is purely up to the founders and premier members however any post like B2TF is welcome. Nebs was removed as he was having a laugh and I want to keep this on topic 100%.

The options are:
Premier
Donating
Regular

Old 29-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #10
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no problem donating just send me the details, has donating status been set up on this site yet or is it seperate to AFF?

If you want to mention Mal was the previous owner that is fine too. Its mine now and that is all that matters! :

P.S.-This thread makes me feel important. :
Old 29-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Are the car's actually the founder? Or the owners? If so, shouldn't HOTDBZ always have a spot in the Founder's section? And maybe just one picture of his car should be there. And a message to say, that it was his car, and has sold it due to work commitments or whatever.

And then Dan goes to Regular member, or donating if he wishes?
The owner is the founder, not the car. Mal would normally have kept his spot however, as the car is now in the hands of another person who wants it on aufalcon.com he has the right to do so. This leaves Mal with a founder tag but no car to display (same as kooky). Mal will always have a place in the founders and, given the circumstances, an "original founder list" page may be needed to keep the originals together for history sake.

Old 29-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
I have no problem donating just send me the details, has donating status been set up on this site yet or is it seperate to AFF?

If you want to mention Mal was the previous owner that is fine too. Its mine now and that is all that matters! :

P.S.-This thread makes me feel important. :
Dan, donating status on aufalcon.com is totally seperate to AFF, I'll pm you the details tonight.

As for mentioning Mal on your page, that is totally your choice. You have no obligation to do so.

Old 29-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #13
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can the photos that are already up on the site stay there but in the appropriate section?
Old 29-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Can the photos that are already up on the site stay there but in the appropriate section?
yes, nothing stopping you using those photos so long as you get Mals ok to do so.

Old 29-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #15
Cheahman
BOSS 260

If he donates, then donating member status. If he doesnt then just regular.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #16
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The owner is the founder, not the car. Mal would normally have kept his spot however, as the car is now in the hands of another person who wants it on aufalcon.com he has the right to do so. This leaves Mal with a founder tag but no car to display (same as kooky). Mal will always have a place in the founders and, given the circumstances, an "original founder list" page may be needed to keep the originals together for history sake.
Righteo, it just sounded like we were gonna remove him al-together, and not re-cognize him as an original founder.

Cheers.
Old 29-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #17
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why not just leave it as it is and say at the bottom that the car has been sold to me since Mal had to move overseas?
Old 29-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #18
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Why not just leave it as it is and say at the bottom that the car has been sold to me since Mal had to move overseas?
because its now your car and you have the right to have your name there.

Old 29-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #19
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough then I guess. Im not really fussed how it is displayed. I think you should make the choice Casper.
Old 29-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The choice isnt mine, its up to the founders and premier members as a group to deciede. This is like a test case for future situations like this Dan. Yours just happens to be the first case like this.

Old 29-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #21
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
If he donates, then donating member status. If he doesnt then just regular.

Despite not being a donating or founder member this seems to be the most logical answer....

I think having to mention his car was someone else's is a bit unneccessary too.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #22
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Not meaning to rain on any parades, I dont know Dan so this is not personal, but Cas I thought in order to be even a Prem member that their were reasons for getting this status.

This is almost reminiscant of the whole AU with the hubcaps fiasco not long ago, guidelines are their for a reason as soon as you break them for one they must be broken for all. As I said I dont know Dan however if he is deserving of being a Prem member then so be it, but keep in mind that you did in an earlier response on this topic say that it was the member and not the members vehicle, so by Dan buying the XR this has brought him into the clan but not made him an elder.

Thats my 2 cents
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #23
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Not meaning to rain on any parades, I dont know Dan so this is not personal, but Cas I thought in order to be even a Prem member that their were reasons for getting this status.

This is almost reminiscant of the whole AU with the hubcaps fiasco not long ago, guidelines are their for a reason as soon as you break them for one they must be broken for all. As I said I dont know Dan however if he is deserving of being a Prem member then so be it, but keep in mind that you did in an earlier response on this topic say that it was the member and not the members vehicle, so by Dan buying the XR this has brought him into the clan but not made him an elder.

Thats my 2 cents
You are absolutely right, the issue is there is no hard and fast guidelines and I'm not really comfortable just making them up as I go. I'd prefer to hear from as many of the founders (and others) as possible so that we all agree on the outcome.
Simple thing is I dont have the answer and I'm looking to others to help me with it. Just like the spinner wheel car (which has been on the site for a while now due to an overwhelming response to him filling the criteria)

Old 29-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #24
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Stop stressing Cas, so far the general concensus seems to be either regular or donating, perhaps it might be easier if u put up a vote and a deadline, this way no one can blame you for the decision lol, although Dan could go in and vote it up ai hehe.
Old 29-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #25
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thats my 2 cents
Agreed.

I dont see the issue, I had nothing to do with the startup of AUfalcon, I shouldnt be treated any differently to any other member. Even the one with spinners!

Treat Mal like you did with Kooky and put the car under my ownership in a different category either regular or donating depending on what happens.

Last edited by dansedgli; 29-04-2005 at 11:46 PM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #26
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Let's start with the rules for having an AU falcon on AUFalcon.com:

1) You must submit a minimum of 4 photos of different angles.
2) You must be the current or previous owner of the AU.
2) Your AU must be in a drivable and presentable state.
(Why is there two number 2's. Shouldn't the third one be a 3?)

To qualify as current or previous owner, I assume we mean ownership in terms of registration? If the car is not, or has never been, registered in a person's name, then that person cannot put photos of the car on AUfalcon.

So...Dan - is the car registered to you at this moment? Has it ever been registered in your name? If the answer to both questions is NO, then the car either has to stay on the site under Mal's name, or removed altogether. Unfortunate, but those are the rules. I only ask this, as I assume the EPA test (in another thread somewhere) is a hindrance to Dan getting it registered in his name.

Now, assuming Dan does fulfil the 3 requirements, then the car would be included in the appropriate category - regular members, or if he donates (which it sounds like he will), then donating members. But not premier, and not founders - not being a snob or anything, but, well, OK, I'm being a bit snobby about it!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #27
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ok this is my final thought on the whole subject, lets have a meeting at say..................................hmmmm........ .................................................. .........i know THE PUB and discuss this like civilised drunks, i mean adults : eh who cares I rekn its time we went out for a drink boys :baby bott
Old 30-04-2005, 02:15 AM   #28
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WTF. Just take the pics down.
I really dont see why others need to have an opinion about whether the car is mine or not just so it can be shown on a website. Im taking the extra steps to get the car legally roadworthy as it is, as I refuse to have a dodgy RWC done. So in AUfalcon terms I dont rightfully have a claim to the car. Hmm. :

Im not a person that wants to draw attention to myself anyway so removing the pictures all together seems like the best bet.

There seems to be a lot of hostility about this car and I have received some odd feedback from a few AUfalcon members. Im not sure what the problem is.

XRQTR-Thats the best option Ive heard all day!
Old 30-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #29
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Dan, the car is yours. I see no issue in that at all. Anyone who does is not being realistic. Cars are sold all the time.
Registration is useful term for owning the car but it does not cover all situations. I can name at least one other member on the site who's AU is not registered in there name but is displayed.
Fact: You own the car. Fact: You have every right to display the car as your own. Fact: You do not need to feel any pressure to name the previous owner at all.

Mal is a good friend of mine and I know he would simply say "Its Dans car now".

I'll make the decision now based on the others. I'll put it in the regular members section under your name (what name do you want?? : ) and we'll catch up one day for a beer and a chat.

For everyone else, I know Dan, we have talked a number of times and I am going to be the first to welcome him to the AU owners. He will be a valuable member with lots of useful knowledge. Apart from that, he's a good guy, honest, and goes out of his way to help out. I personally cant think of anyone else I would have rather see get this car.

Last edited by Casper; 30-04-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 30-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #30
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think its really that important. Just remove Mals name and put dans name in his place. Regardless of who owns the car, its still an AU Falcon. I understand the deal is which section he should go in, but I think just edit his name and that's end of story. If someone gets upset over it, then who cares. The status means nothing other than in terms of what it means to AUFalcon.com. It doesn't get him any privledges outside of Cyberworld.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post