Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 19-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
ridebmx14
Starter Motor

Default problems eb falcon series ll ???

hey i bought a eb falcon gli series ll, it was running fine when i bought it. when i was driving back into town run low on tank coughing and spluttering, only just made it home. The next day put 30 litres in axidently put 10 litres of 2 stroke , idiling like **** give it a bit of gas and it would splutter and take a while to respond but sounded fine after that besides it use to blow my air box off backfiring through airbox alot drove around 1 full tank. I replaced fuel filter nothing. Then i checked fuel pump runnig fine plenty of fuel going to injectors. some1 suggested fuel pressure reg. replaced that no good. check compression in all 6 cylinders all good. Then started to run really rich, start her up and foul plugs out in bout 1 minute and stall. replaced leads and spark plugs. Found a leak in vacuum hose from map sensor fixed that Now it wont start it was firing a bit but now i try and it just turns over it doesnt fire. some 1 even suggested the cat convertor took unbolted whole exhaust sytem from header pipes nuthin. please any1 got any ideas im out of ideas and dont wont to spend a heap at the mechanic always fixed my cars myself. but im stumped. Thanks

ridebmx14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Hey mate,
Welcome to AFF..!
You'll get a better reception posting that in the E series area..
here----- http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...aysprune=&f=64
This area is for F6 owners..
Cheers
Kris

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post