Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
H3RXR8

Default Ford build codes

Hi,
New here , have a query regarding my ford build sheet.
There is one code called 8G - not listed. Ford Australia couldn’t tell me what this is. Anyone have any idea?
Thanks
H3RXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 08:02 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Ford build codes

What type of car etc will help ID the code. Is that an option code or standard code?
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
H3RXR8

It is a Xr8 AU iii ute.
The code is in the options box.
Old 23-07-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

Are you sure it's not 3G ?
https://fordforums.com.au/vbportal/v...p?articleid=21

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #5
H3RXR8

No definitely says 8G.
I will upload a photo of the build sheet. Actually see 24 is not listed either. It is petrol.
Link below

Last edited by H3RXR8; 30-08-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 23-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67xr View Post
From that list 3G is LPG Kit, this is a V8 so no LPG option.
Old 23-07-2020, 09:26 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3RXR8 View Post
No definitely says 8G.
I will upload a photo of the build sheet. Actually see 24 is not listed either. It is petrol.
Link below
Option 24 is 235/45 ZR 17 BSW tyres.

8G: I think this relates to the engine Kw as in AU1 8Z was a mandatory option for XR8 for the 185 kw engine.

Is your vehicle a 220 kw? 8G might be 220 kw.

Will see if I can find out for sure.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #8
H3RXR8

I’m not sure, should it say somewhere on the engine? If I CarJam it(NZ vehicle info) that says 200kw. Possibly could be that tho. Thanks for the help, of course it doesn’t really matter but curious. Especially since Ford have no idea themselves lol. Photo below of the vehicle.

Old 23-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3RXR8 View Post
I’m not sure, should it say somewhere on the engine? If I CarJam it(NZ vehicle info) that says 200kw. Possibly could be that tho. Thanks for the help, of course it doesn’t really matter but curious. Especially since Ford have no idea themselves lol. Photo below of the vehicle.
Well that's a unique front bar!!
Old 23-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #10
H3RXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Well that's a unique front bar!!
Yes little bit unique! Has a full kit with the rear etc also. Sport bar soon to be removed

Old 24-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #11
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it have a non standard steering wheel?
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 10:18 AM   #12
H3RXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Does it have a non standard steering wheel?
Steering wheel is standard. Everything is pretty standard except body kit. I was told there is no way it would of been exported with body kit so ruled that out.
Old 24-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Option 24 is 235/45 ZR 17 BSW tyres.

8G: I think this relates to the engine Kw as in AU1 8Z was a mandatory option for XR8 for the 185 kw engine.

Is your vehicle a 220 kw? 8G might be 220 kw.

Will see if I can find out for sure.
Utes never came with the 220 motor. Only the 200.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #14
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Utes never came with the 220 motor. Only the 200.
Yeh, my bad, when I was thinking what the 8G code could be, I totally forgot it was a ute.
This user likes this post: