Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 AM   #1
kidoy
Starter Motor

Default Ford Fiesta Auto Transmission Oil Change

Hello good folks of the forum,

Mechanic has recommended a transmission oil flush on my 2005 Ford Fiesta WP auto. I have a Haynes Workshop Manual and it only details the instructions on how to top up the tranny oil via the fill plug. It does not have the procedure on how to do a flush.

I am interested to know the proper way of doing a transmission oil flush for this car because I would like to do it myself if it is within my means.

Additionally I was told it could be done by taking out the fill plug and fill the new oil via the dipstick. Has any of you folks done this? Do you know if the auto has a tranny oil drain plug separate from the fill plug? Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Kris
kidoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Auto Transmission Oil Change

Yes there is a drain plug (see pic below). Always replace the drain plug seal when refitting.

Once drained and the plug replaced the trans is refilled via the fluid level indicator (dipstick to us).

Expect to use about 5.75 litres to fill the system - recommended specification is WSS-M2C924-A (e.g Mobil 3309 ATF) and the total you'll need will depend on how many cycles you want to flush with.

If you are concerned about potential failure, use a paper filter when draining and see what it collects. Some small metal particles are normal.

Cheers
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WPFiesta_TransDrain.jpg (85.4 KB, 32 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You really should remove the transmission sump & replace the trans filter. Otherwise it's a bit like changing your engine oil - but not the filter....
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
petro-d
Starter Motor

Does the sump have a seal or gasket? I have changed the filter and oil and secured the sump back on but now i have an oil leak. Thanks
petro-d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Yes it does.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post