Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
gazza6
Starter Motor

Default September sales numbers: Drive.com

Mazda3 and Holden Commodore have been dominating 2011's monthly sales charts, but Toyota's small car has made a surprise return to the top in September.

Toyota's Corolla has made a surprise return to the top of the sales charts, according to the latest industry sales figures.

The Japanese small car was the best-selling vehicle in September, as sales of the perennial front-runners the Holden Commodore and Mazda3 both slipped during the month.

toyota sold 3766 Corollas in September compared with 3712 Commodores and 2703 Mazda3s. The Corolla last topped monthly sales in January.

Advertisement: Story continues below A rare disappointing month for Mazda saw its overall sales drop 32 per cent compared to September 2010. The Mazda3 was August's most popular car with buyers but last month it was also outsold by the Holden Cruze (3117) and Toyota Hilux (3191).

The majority of Japanese brands continue to register a fall in sales as they recover from March's tsunami. Subaru and Suzuki recorded September declines of about 20 per cent, with Mitsubishi down 10 per cent and Honda continuing its woes with a 29 per cent drop.

Toyota (up 7.4%) and Nissan (up 25.7%) were two rare exceptions in September, with Toyota's luxury brand Lexus achieved an impressive 89% growth to bring its year on year performance to neutral.

Another 3000-plus result for the Cruze means Holden's sedan and Commodore large car accounted for nearly two-thirds of the local car maker's sales in September.

It was another mixed month for Ford. Falcon sales again dropped, by 25 per cent in September, meaning its 1708 sales were almost matched by the Volkswagen Golf (1664). But some of the blue oval's European imports continue to shine. The Fiesta city car, with 1203 sales, fell just shy of the Mazda2, while the Mondeo medium car jumped 47 per cent for the month.

US car maker Chrysler continues to struggle with the Chrysler brand itself in Australia, down 66 per cent for the month and 35 per cent year on year, though Dodge and Jeep both increased sales by more than 100 per cent compared to September 2010 (up 173% and 101% respectively).

Australia's vehicle market grew 2.1 per cent compared to September 2010 but the market continues to fall short of last year's sales performance, down 3.7 per cent year to date.

Top 10 Vehicle sales - September 2011

Toyota Corolla 3766
Holden Commodore 3712
Toyota HiLux 3191
Holden Cruze 3117
Mazda3 2703
Hyundai i30 2493
Toyota Camry 2049
Nissan Navara 1885
Ford Falcon 1708
VW Golf 1664

gazza6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: September sales numbers: Drive.com

Top 10 Vehicle sales - September 2011
Toyota Corolla 3766
Holden Commodore 3712
Toyota HiLux 3191
Holden Cruze 3117
Mazda3 2703
Hyundai i30 2493
Toyota Camry 2049
Nissan Navara 1885
Ford Falcon 1708
VW Golf 1664

Top 10 Vehicle sales - August 2011
Mazda3 4234
Holden Commodore 3682
Holden Cruze 3234
Toyota Corolla 3100
Toyota HiLux 2823
Hyundai i30 2418
Mazda2 1966
Ford Falcon 1665
Ford Territory 1625
Toyota Camry 1607

That cant be right can it - did i get the wrong August Figures?
Tried to post up before the facts get lost in banter
Wonder how many sales for the Terri went in Sept, 2011

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ok so Tez + falcon = commy sales, thats not so bad.

But that god forsaken Cruze...ah! Kudos to Holden for pricing the POS well.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

lol the Navara, what the hell is going on there? Are they in runout or something?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
lol the Navara, what the hell is going on there?
Its a crazy amount of pickups selling. Come an Ranger! Is it basically mining doing that?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From www.caradvice.com.au

Ford Falcon – 1708
Ford Territory – 1395
Ford Fiesta – 1203
Ford Focus – 821
Ford Mondeo – 631
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Its a crazy amount of pickups selling. Come an Ranger! Is it basically mining doing that?
Could be mining and construction, I'm seeing a lot more "branded" Navaras around the traps and at auction over here.

Then again it could also be pent-up demand for that new 550i Navara that has been released.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
gazza6
Starter Motor

Does anyone have an idea whether ecolpi sales are included in the falcon numbers?
gazza6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza6
Does anyone have an idea whether ecolpi sales are included in the falcon numbers?
Sure are, should be a bucket load of them by now, saw some Chubb and Tesltra fleet vehicles, also demo units. Sales should pick up over the coming months too.

Last edited by Brazen; 06-10-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
From www.caradvice.com.au

Ford Falcon – 1708
Ford Territory – 1395
Ford Fiesta – 1203
Ford Focus – 821
Ford Mondeo – 631
Focus sales continue to dissapoint globally. I wonder if this is one of the disadvantages of One Ford, global models which dont become a hit in any one particular market. The Astra/Cruze combintation appears to work as will the Sonic (Barina)/Corsa. Too put it in perspective Cruze sold 27,000 units last month in the US compared to 10,000 Focus. Fiesta too hasnt hit the sweet spot probably because outside of Europe people in Asia and US want sedans and the compromised Fiesta sedan styling based on the European hatch isnt working.

I wonder if we will eventually see the windback of One Ford and see Europe and Rest of World models like what GM, Toyota and Honda does.

Last edited by Brazen; 06-10-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok so Tez + falcon = commy sales, thats not so bad.
I dont think Territory sold over 2000 units?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I dont think Territory sold over 2000 units?
I knew someone would pick that up, yes its shy about 300 or so but thats ok, LPi will gear up soon enough, I dont think it was really available for these figures, not fully anyway.

Also the new focus should be doing better aswell, but that was released last month too.

I would be more concerned about next months figures.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Give it time, the numbers for tezza and ecolpi will come up, I dare say the FG2 will see the XR's numbers rise substantially too, and the reintroduction of the XR8 would help boost sales considerably.
Finally, a change of prime minister likely at the end of the year (according to Graham Richardson) should help to instill a bit more confidence in the economy and business.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

How did a change of PM get in here? That will mean squat all.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The utes

Commodore Ute (882)
Falcon Ute (752)
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
How did a change of PM get in here? That will mean squat all.
Sorry, but there's a lot of instability and uncertaintly, exacerbated by the carbon tax. People aren't spending money. We have a 2 speed economy, and like retail, the automotive industry is suffering with people being cautious with their money.

Many senior people within the ALP have publicly said that we are to get a new old PM who will drop the carbon tax which will hopefully restore some confidence to the economy.
I'm really trying to avoid this being political, but the deadline for the legislation which is causing an awful lot of doubt is next week, and if it fails then we get a new old PM.
If you want more info on it search google.

Quote: