Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #391
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
at least it stops all the tossers who drive around with them on.
what a pun of a statement !!!! i drive with spotlights on and am also a tos... , thinking about it spotlights and penises are the same they both dont need the situation they were designed for to come around before use .

Last edited by gtfpv; 17-09-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 17-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #392
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

It's amazing how many team red drivers think their foggies are driving lamps...
Old 17-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #393
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
what a pun of a statement !!!! i drive with spotlights on and am also a tos... ,.
if its not foggy, then yes!

lets not highjack this thread too much though. the topic regarding usage of fog lights has been done to death.
Old 17-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #394
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I have used the fog light's when driving FG's (hire vehicles) on the open road, simply because of the safety benefit's, a dark coloured vehicle blend's into the road from a distance and the last thing I want is to have a head on with another vehicle that was overtaking another and simply did not see me.
So fog light's can be used for other purposes aswell, just as I some times use headlight's on the open road aswell in my AU.
I see it more as a safety issue rather then trying to look cool.
Old 17-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #395
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
OMG! That’s is 33K for a car that’s almost new and was selling for well over 50K brand new just 6 months ago. That’s exactly the perfect example of depreciation that’s just way too big to let go no matter how good the car is.
Thats an employee price, not for the general public.
Old 17-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #396
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It's amazing how many team red drivers think their foggies are driving lamps...
Nah, its just amazing how many drivers in general. Especially when no one tells them they are actually fog lights and they don't read the manual.
Old 18-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #397
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I have used the fog light's when driving FG's (hire vehicles) on the open road, simply because of the safety benefit's, a dark coloured vehicle blend's into the road from a distance and the last thing I want is to have a head on with another vehicle that was overtaking another and simply did not see me.
So fog light's can be used for other purposes aswell, just as I some times use headlight's on the open road aswell in my AU.
I see it more as a safety issue rather then trying to look cool.
Oh no the old using Foglights when it is not foggy debate again

Has been done so many times over the last 6 years that I know of.
I agree with you as a safety aid however after much bagging on here & knowing if I drive around during the day with my Foglights on I can be fined I dont do it anymore & have my headlights on instead (low beam) because I would never ever anymore drive around unless I am more visible than a car without lights on, the only issue I find is people in front of you often see you with your lights on & take offence for some reason & then start to slow just to annoy you (which does annoy me hugely) so then they get high beam & are passed ASAP!

And I dont get close to them either until they act foolish & become jerks just because I prefer to be visible on the road.
Old 18-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #398
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

September: New Focus
October: New Ranger and Eco LPI Falcon
November: FG II Range

A fairly heavy release schedule ahead for FoA but I wonder if we'll see an announcement
at Bathurst, that would be perfect timing for a particular product...
Old 18-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #399
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Oh stop it.

So im guessing with a beefed up GT or a XR8, other than that the cats are out of the bag?
Old 18-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #400
warpsp33d

I'm surprised that they don't call the XR6 with the luxury pack the XR6E.

That'd seem more cohesive to me.

i.e.

XT
XR6
XR6 Turbo
XR6E
XR6E Turbo
G6
G6E
G6E Turbo

I've been waiting on this release, I'm probably going to buy a new car in the next 6-12 months, and I'm strongly considering a G6E MKII EcoLPi. I'm not entirely sure that I'm a fan of the lower air dam styling. Guess I'll have to see it in person before I can make final comment on that though.

The thing I'm a bit disappointed at with this release, is that they haven't really done much to differentiate the G6E and G6ET from the rest. They've increased the equipment levels in the lower end models without really doing much at the top end.

Sure they've added Sat Nav (meh) and an Alarm (meh) and the LED front lights (why can't these be used as DRL's), but what else is there that really differentiates/is exclusive to the higher models?

Minor things (I class all of these as relatively easy additions) I think they missed in this release that would have been good to see in the upper models:

* LED tail lights
* Front parking sensors
* LED Puddle laps on the bottom of the mirrors
* Auto windscreen wipers (I actually don't care too much for these but some folks do)
* Better/upgraded sound system
* Dual tailpipes and revised the lower air diffuser at the rear (I'm not a fan of the current one).

Some major but less likely things (perhaps as premium options):

* Keyless entry/start
* Adaptive cruise control
* Lane keep assist
* Blind spot warning
* Xenon headlights (not overly difficult but a nice option to have above projectors for those that like them)
Old 18-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #401
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yes the new Territory has Projector's, not HID's, as do some version's of the MKII FG now.
Oh ok, I just had a quick look and seen the projector and assumed they where HIDs, why not HIDs if you went through the effort of redesigning the lights?
Old 18-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #402
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Oh stop it.

So im guessing with a beefed up GT or a XR8, other than that the cats are out of the bag?
I wish.....
Old 18-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #403
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose the guessing game will now switch to the 2013 update,
perhaps Territory lights and reversed angle on the upper vent..
Old 18-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #404
No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpsp33d
I'm surprised that they don't call the XR6 with the luxury pack the XR6E.

That'd seem more cohesive to me.
Its an unnecessary model to include imo. Creating another badged class of car simply because you have leather seats and dual climate control hardly seems worthy.
Old 18-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #405
distortion

Quote:
I suppose the guessing game will now switch to the 2013 update,
perhaps Territory lights and reversed angle on the upper vent..
thats a pretty big hint!
Old 18-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #406
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.6
Its an unnecessary model to include imo. Creating another badged class of car simply because you have leather seats and dual climate control hardly seems worthy.
I disagree, if the combined cost of the options totals more than about 8-10% of the car's value then to my way of thinking they need to create a sub model designation to signify the impression of "value" and also help preserve resale value.
Old 18-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #407
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
I disagree, if the combined cost of the options totals more than about 8-10% of the car's value then to my way of thinking they need to create a sub model designation to signify the impression of "value" and also help preserve resale value.
Exactly. Look at the SSV to SS for example.

Optioning up a base car at time of purchase is hard to recover the costs at trade in time BUT if the car has those "options" as standard in a named version then it usually helps lessen the pain at trade in time... If that makes sense.
Old 18-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #408
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
MK2 luxury pack also adds the 19" rims, rear camera and sat nav on top of the so called premium sound, dual climate control and leather look seats.
Old 18-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #409
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion
thats a pretty big hint!
Work is already done on that update and all attention is on post 2015 car....
Old 18-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #410
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Oh ok, I just had a quick look and seen the projector and assumed they where HIDs, why not HIDs if you went through the effort of redesigning the lights?
Because HIDs are damn annoying and I wish someone would ban them!
Old 18-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #411
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
The only HIDs that are annoying are ones people bought a plug n play kit from ebay and jammed them in a halogen reflector, which glares all over the place.

If they're done properly, with reflectors designed for HIDs, or projectors also designed for HIDs then you'll have no issue, they're less glary than halogen lights even, the cut-off is that sharp, above that point is absolutely no light.

Also ADRs specify here in Australia that they need auto levelers.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #412
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews

Agreed.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #413
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
September: New Focus
October: New Ranger and Eco LPI Falcon
November: FG II Range

A fairly heavy release schedule ahead for FoA but I wonder if we'll see an announcement

Old 18-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #414
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
If they're done properly, with reflectors designed for HIDs, or projectors also designed for HIDs then you'll have no issue, they're less glary than halogen lights even, the cut-off is that sharp, above that point is absolutely no light.
HIDs on new BMWs and Audis are awful. Very blinding and every small bump the car goes over, it's like a new shot of light.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 18-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #415
No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie
MK2 luxury pack also adds the 19" rims, rear camera and sat nav on top of the so called premium sound, dual climate control and leather look seats.

But if they do make an XR6ET, would it be cheaper than the G6ET? seeing as how the G6ET is supposed to be the luxury version...? Basically with the XR6ET being the same as the G6ET but sportier, wont it take sales away from the more expensive model? And if they make it the same price as the G6ET, would you really pay 50k+ for an XR? (or whatever the price is for a g6et)

I dont think the market would exist for an xr6et, which is why ford created the luxury pack.

Holden are badge obsessed and will create a car just to make a fancy commercial. Redline, thunder, yada blah.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #416
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
I wish ford would do a comparo at Bathurst like Holden did back in the VX(?) days.

I really enjoy watching that on youtube.

1. Old Race Car. 2. Current sports/performance model. 3. Current V8SC.
Old 18-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #417
Sta Arhidia Mou

Quote:
[U]

GT-H BOSS 351...
Old 19-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #418
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
I wish ford would do a comparo at Bathurst like Holden did back in the VX(?) days.

I really enjoy watching that on youtube.

1. Old Race Car. 2. Current sports/performance model. 3. Current V8SC.
Bathurst 04, I still remember seeing it live.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 19-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #419
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
But if they do make an XR6ET, would it be cheaper than the G6ET? seeing as how the G6ET is supposed to be the luxury version...? Basically with the XR6ET being the same as the G6ET but sportier, wont it take sales away from the more expensive model? And if they make it the same price as the G6ET, would you really pay 50k+ for an XR? (or whatever the price is for a g6et)

I dont think the market would exist for an xr6et, which is why ford created the luxury pack.

Holden are badge obsessed and will create a car just to make a fancy commercial. Redline, thunder, yada blah.
The XR6T with Luxury pack is rouighly around 5-6K cheaper than a G6ET, plus people who buy the G6ET want a more understated looking car with "prestige" bling bits (chrome grille, window mouldings, etc etc)

The G6ET is the old fairmont Ghia with a different name.

Its easy for ford to offer the luxury pack on a XR6T cos it makes them good money at point of sale but makes bugger all for the buyer at trade in time cos all it gets classed as is a "optioned" up base XR6T, hell even insurance companies dont really recognise "luxury pack" all they list is the seperate options.
Old 19-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #420
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie
The XR6T with Luxury pack is rouighly around 5-6K cheaper than a G6ET, plus people who buy the G6ET want a more understated looking car with "prestige" bling bits (chrome grille, window mouldings, etc etc)

The G6ET is the old fairmont Ghia with a different name.

Its easy for ford to offer the luxury pack on a XR6T cos it makes them good money at point of sale but makes bugger all for the buyer at trade in time cos all it gets classed as is a "optioned" up base XR6T, hell even insurance companies dont really recognise "luxury pack" all they list is the seperate options.
That’s why we have always said they should have a similar pack to the SS V pack... At least then the car is recognised as being better than its siblings at trade in time.
Closed Thread