Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #661
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
A Falcon XR4 would be totally ghey.
Whoops I thought you said Ghee,

I just had huge Peter Russell Clark moment......
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #662
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

THIS!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #663
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What you mean an XR6 with better weight distribution? sharper turn into due to less heft over the front axle? Better economy? Tunable turbo that could probably be wound up a few psi's? ( Look at the SR20). Yeah that would totally suck!
Only thing I agree on is XR4 would be a bad name, ST or something else to capture a new market...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #664
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
oh look, brazen found a way to stick his boot into ford again. what a surprise.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #665
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They could keep the XR6 name, afterall they are keeping the G6 and G6E name with the ecoboost. I just would of thought private buyers would be drawn to the XR package more than the XT or G6.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #666
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
They could keep the XR6 name, afterall they are keeping the G6 and G6E name with the ecoboost.
Are you sure about that?
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #667
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Are you sure about that?
Only going by what the FG MkII release was saying in that those variants will have an optional ecoboost engine. I would have no idea otherwise.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #668
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Prydey, I heard the Falcon wagon isn't getting ecoboost either.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #669
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Prydey, I heard the Falcon wagon isn't getting ecoboost either.

I heard the panel van, RTV, Fairlane & LTD don't get a guernsey either

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #670
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Whoops I thought you said Ghee,

I just had huge Peter Russell Clark moment......
Where's the cheese?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #671
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
What you mean an XR6 with better weight distribution? sharper turn into due to less heft over the front axle? Better economy? Tunable turbo that could probably be wound up a few psi's? ( Look at the SR20). Yeah that would totally suck!
Only thing I agree on is XR4 would be a bad name, ST or something else to capture a new market...
The XR's are what I consider a manly car. Putting a 4 cylinder in an XR would be too girly IMO.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But the ecoboost 4 is mainly a fleet option anyway, not a traffic light racer. Its number 1 job will be to sell to fleets with 4 cylinder only policies.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #672
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
The XR's are what I consider a manly car. Putting a 4 cylinder in an XR would be too girly IMO.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But the ecoboost 4 is mainly a fleet option anyway, not a traffic light racer. Its number 1 job will be to sell to fleets with 4 cylinder only policies.
Exactly,
Ecoboost in XT and G Series is enough and probably suits the intended buyer demographic much better.

Last edited by jpd80; 04-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #673
nasss92

Wow, cant believe how much the hype has died down already!I havnt seen ford release anything in the way of marketing that series II is coming, which is especially disappointing (and rather stupid so far as marketing is concerned) considering 2 perfect opportunities would have been during the Bathurst 1000 and Gold Coast 600 events which would have had maximum exposure to the Australian motor community, let alone globally.

Has FORD posted/released anything whatsoever that i may not have picked up on?
When is it actually being released to suppliers and test drives be available?

I apologise in advance for the following rant, but it bewilders me how dimwitted and subquality the marketing team is performing. And if anyone from ford actually reads these comments on the forums, i hope they read the following:

Dear Ford Motorcompany Aus,
Ur whole PR team needs the sack for showcasing countless times an inability to successfully deliver or market any product, in particular the falcon. Ur rivals have managed to perfect said art, and as such embarrass you yearly with exceeding sales of inferior quality products. For the sake of self respect, the longevity and prosperity of ur brand (in particular the falcon) make some changes ASAP

Kindest of Regards,
The entire Ford community of Aus

NOTE: The individual responsible for the facebook territory commercial should be kicked out head first and with added vigor, that was a complete failure

.... On a brighter note
cant wait to get my hands on some second hand series II for the following
- Projector headlights and LEDs
- 8" colour touch screen ICC

and my 2c on the design... xr SUCCESS (red xr6 looks ridiculously good)! g series ..... yet to be decided
Old 24-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #674
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am also yet to see any further developments with FGII, you would think after all the Territory "deliberate leaks" they would have the same idea.

Found this in Geelong City a couple of weeks ago, nothing new though.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #675
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
You can shove that statement where it belongs.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #676
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
I am also yet to see any further developments with FGII, you would think after all the Territory "deliberate leaks" they would have the same idea.

Found this in Geelong City a couple of weeks ago, nothing new though.
There are heaps of these getting around Geelong, they look great in the flesh I think. I'm pretty sure I've seen that white one too, a couple of G6Es getting around too sans the car bra.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #677
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Wow, cant believe how much the hype has died down already!I havnt seen ford release anything in the way of marketing that series II is coming, which is especially disappointing (and rather stupid so far as marketing is concerned) considering 2 perfect opportunities would have been during the Bathurst 1000 and Gold Coast 600 events which would have had maximum exposure to the Australian motor community, let alone globally.

I apologise in advance for the following rant, but it bewilders me how dimwitted and subquality the marketing team is performing. And if anyone from ford actually reads these comments on the forums, i hope they read the following:

Ur whole PR team needs the sack for showcasing countless times an inability to successfully deliver or market any product, in particular the falcon. Ur rivals have managed to perfect said art, and as such embarrass you yearly with exceeding sales of inferior quality products. For the sake of self respect, the longevity and prosperity of ur brand (in particular the falcon) make some changes ASAP

Kindest of Regards,

NOTE: The individual responsible for the facebook territory commercial should be kicked out head first and with added vigor, that was a complete failure

.... On a brighter note

and my 2c on the design... xr SUCCESS (red xr6 looks ridiculously good)! g series ..... yet to be decided
Your use of SMS spelling is nearly as bad as your rant.

Pretty pointless advertising a product that hasnt got an official release date and isn't available to the buying public yet...
Old 24-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #678
EFFalcon
Last warning

but he's right...

even the biggest ford community in australia has stopped talking about FG II.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 24-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #679
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63

Pretty pointless advertising a product that hasnt got an official release date and isn't available to the buying public yet...
apparently the buying public are big motorsport fans also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
but he's right...

do you really think AFF is the biggest ford community? or one that Ford Aus should care about?

how many AFF'ers have bought new falcons lately. lots of members talk about whats right or wrong (mainly wrong) with ford aust, but few put down their hard earned on a new car every few years.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #680
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
but he's right...

What's there to talk about yet? you can only speculate about the same things so many times... nothing to talk about till we get some official info.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #681
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Yeah apparently the only people who buy Falcons watch V8SC's.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #682
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:

Kindest of Regards,

.... On a brighter note

Why market something that isn't available yet?
They have already given a teaser to show people what will be coming.

They need to concentrate on making MK1 sales for now.

I wouldn't say their PR/marketing is a complete failure. They have certainly improved and have really started promoting the other vehicles in their lineup. I do like the Focus ads. I hate to say it but you do not speak for the whole Ford community, you're on your own there.

You may believe the Territory promotion was a failure you remember it, so I think it worked fine.
How do you believe it was a failure? Sales of Territory seem to be going ok.
Ads don't directly relate to the sales, they just inform potential buyers of the product, it is then up to the product to be able to sell itself (along with the sales people).

I have bolded a concerning line. You're waiting for a second hand falcon that isn't out yet? Why not stump up the $$ and buy the car new when it is released. Someone will have to buy a brand new Falcon for the second hand market.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #683
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
There are heaps of these getting around Geelong, they look great in the flesh I think. I'm pretty sure I've seen that white one too, a couple of G6Es getting around too sans the car bra.
Geez I've gotta get out more, that's the only one I've come across.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #684
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was wondering earlier "whats doing MK11?!" where are you?!

"New Ranger" accross a ford V8 supercars windscreen.. where the "new FG MK11" banner?

wonders if Mk11 even exists?!
Old 24-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #685
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I have bolded a concerning line. You're waiting for a second hand falcon that isn't out yet? Why not stump up the $$ and buy the car new when it is released. Someone will have to buy a brand new Falcon for the second hand market.
That one did it for me too.... Confirmed what i suspected.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #686
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:

do you really think AFF is the biggest ford community? or one that Ford Aus should care about?

how many AFF'ers have bought new falcons lately. lots of members talk about whats right or wrong (mainly wrong) with ford aust, but few put down their hard earned on a new car every few years.
er.... yes.
Perhaps not one that ford should care about, but i never said they should be doing anything for us.
But we *ARE* the people that should be talking about it.
because we have an interest, if those who have an interest arn't talking about it, then those without an interest coudln't give a ****
Old 24-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #687
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
was wondering earlier "whats doing MK11?!" where are you?!

"New Ranger" accross a ford V8 supercars windscreen.. where the "new FG MK11" banner?

wonders if Mk11 even exists?!
maybe Ford are happy with falcon sales and are trying to raise interest in other models, which may or may not be more lucrative for them.

why put all your eggs in one basket. ford haven't been 'falcon focused' for a while now and i think thats a good thing. they are the 'ford motor company' not 'falcon motor company' after all.

Quote:
But we *ARE* the people that should be talking about it.
this thread is 23 pages long! whats left to discuss?
Old 24-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #688
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
What's there to talk about yet? you can only speculate about the same things so many times... nothing to talk about till we get some official info.
thats the point, they did a release with some pretty average CGI pictures, then it went quiet again.
releasing tidbits or new photos to keep the momentum going and the PR machine doing its thing.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #689
EFFalcon
Last warning

what is it with the "you buy second hand, your opinion isnt worth ****" attitude.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #690
AMGC63
Banned

Staggered model releases make sense, no point having one on top of the other, you get the most bang for your buck for brand exposure. Territory, then Ranger then FG2.

How long was it before Apple released 4s did they announce details and sales date again.....

Be patient people, no point selling the sizzle if there's nothing to sell....
Closed Thread