Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
DragonMesh

Default Fiesta WT Issue

Hey guys, I had my 1.6 tdci serviced my UltraTune on thursday, I usually get it done by my local ford guys but i needed it done before a trip away this weekend.

The fiesta is a 2012 diesel and it was the 60k service, this means the fuel filter gets replaced, long story short, they forgot to change the fuel filter so i took it back today and they did it. When i started the vehicle at UltraTune it took a couple of turns to get it started but then it was fine. Tonight i just went to pop to the shops and it started and instantly died.... It would seem that maybe something is loose so the system has got air in it or maybe it had air in it from the service and after sitting in my garage all afternoon its crapped out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how i can get it going? RAA wont come out as apparently they dont fix fuel issues on the road.
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
290v
290v

Default Re: Fiesta WT Issue

Is it a genuine Ford filter we had probs with the Transits when we fitting an aftermarket filter had to remove the aftermarket one and replace with a genuine one because of air leaks
Old 30-01-2015, 11:23 PM   #3
DragonMesh

By the looks of it they have put a Ryco filter on it, its the one designed for the vehicle but im guessing its still *****?
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #4
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not recommending this but try a spray of aero start or similar to fire and see if it will self bleed - dont over do - you may still have fault codes or similar causing your problem - for eg fuel sensor due to no fuel or similar -
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post