Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
mick z
Starter Motor

Default Harmonic balancer bolt torque

Giday all !
I recently purchased a 99 WF Festiva 1.5 for my son - great little car for the $. As the recent service history is unknown I have decided to change the timing belt(195,000 on the clock) I was hoping someone can provide me with the torque spec for the Harmonic balancer centre bolt as I have had trouble trying to locate a manual at a reasonable cost. Whilst in the area,the water pump looks & feels in good nick -are they generally reliable or should I fit a new one? Any other tips would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mick
mick z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
mick z
Starter Motor

Default Re: Harmonic balancer bolt torque

God helps those who help themselves.................I even rang a Ford dealership who seemed to want to help & still couldn't get a answer. The engine is basicly a copy of a Mazda 121 engine with a 14mm threaded bolt- the suggested torque was 120 ft lb, so a drop of locktite on the side of the thread & 120 torque felt just about right- certainly not about to strip. I hope this helps somebody !
mick z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Harmonic balancer bolt torque

its probably a bit late now, , you/your son have probably done the job,
but any time i have to either do a job myself or get someone else to do a job that is difficult/expensive and labor intensive, any unknown bits that could fail down the track ..... ie: water pumps, idler/tensioner pulleys/hard to get at hoses (lower radiator hose) that would be a real mongrel or may leave me stranded on the side of the road and not possible to fix without big heaps of hassle ...... i replace them, nothing sux worse than having the unknown or unexpected part fail and be one of those waiting for a tow truck or trying to jerry rig something to get home.

it might cost a few bucks extra at the time, but in the long run .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: