Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #241
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: E49 Chargers

Not sure if you guys have seen the Brochures on the Hemi from the day.Looks cool.

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.

Last edited by KW XRT; 06-12-2017 at 10:09 AM.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #242
gofat
Starter Motor

Heres a link to a NZ doc on their racing Chargers http://nzbs.co.nz/ondemand/videos/series-widened-steels
The interview with Jim Little one of the NZ E49 race drivers is gold! The pictures of the E49 RDM-561 is my brothers Charger!
gofat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #243
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone wants to check up there genuine E38 or E49 I have a copy of the original Chrysler archives listing every vin, engine and options of each model.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #244
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
If anyone wants to check up there genuine E38 or E49 I have a copy of the original Chrysler archives listing every vin, engine and options of each model.

Cheers Ryan
That the E37, E38 and E49 models to be exact not every car Chrysler produced!

Cheers Ryan
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #245
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Me too, I have the 1300 List so all R/T including the two-barrels, I also have the more rare Pacer list around here in a box somewhere too.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #246
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Me too, I have the 1300 List so all R/T including the two-barrels, I also have the more rare Pacer list around here in a box somewhere too.
I believe my inventory includes the pacers as well, it's been a while since I looked at them.

Cheers Ryan
Old 04-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #247
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT View Post
Anyone know what this is.

It's the Holy Grail of Australian motoring...the car everyone has heard of but virtually no one has ever seen, the car that some people would walk right past a GTHO or Bathurst Monaro to get their hands on.

Probably the "best known least known" car in our performance car history...it's out there somewhere...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #248
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
It's the Holy Grail of Australian motoring...the car everyone has heard of but virtually no one has ever seen, the car that some people would walk right past a GTHO or Bathurst Monaro to get their hands on.

Probably the "best known least known" car in our performance car history...it's out there somewhere...
Hardly. Its just a hacked up development mule, despite it's relevance. A special piece of history but IMO the Phase 4 is clearly the holy grail.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #249
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Hardly. Its just a hacked up development mule, despite it's relevance. A special piece of history but IMO the Phase 4 is clearly the holy grail.
Oh I'd agree. Mostly.

We all know where the couple of real Phase 4's are...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #250
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It could very well have been crushed for all we know?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #251
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On charger thing anyone see 340 charger muscle car masters quallify poll at bathurst sun morn and blitz field.they were reprting speeds of 285kph down conrod

Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #252
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

340's short stroke meant they loved to rev unlike the 360.
Still prefer to own an E49 to an E55
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #253
XW-BAXR6T

Id be happy with just a VH 1972 and with a slick 265 hemi engine....that is all.

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #254
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great dash & tail lights.
Although my all time fav is XA coupe tail lights.
deep
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #255
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Don't think too much cruising gets done at 120-140mph, and if it did I would not really want to be in ANY 40 year old car with drum brakes and horse cart suspension
GT's were great high speed tourers. My XB no problems at 100-120mph but that was 30 years ago when we could do that. Too many cars on the road now for that sort of fun

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #256
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even in the early eighties the roads were reasonably "empty" and policing was fairly light. Yes there were hand held radar guns, but they were few and far between. There was mobile radar I think, but it was pretty sparsely used and not a widespread fitment. When I started driving in 1982 in Bundaberg, the local police used to give out "warnings" as much as they did "tickets". The highway patrol boys (who even then had a chip on their shoulders) drove "pursuit" cars...yellow painted (as opposed to white) police cars, usually Commodores. They had some suspension work and engine work done.

The roads were fairly quiet and very different to what we see today...there were semi trailers, but at the time in Queensland B-doubles only existed way out in remote outback areas and were banned from highways and roads down towards the coast...and in my mind that was a damn good idea. Triples, or road trains, didn't exist.

I vividly remember doing a run in my Charger down to Maryborough and sitting on an even 100mph when I hit the highway outside Bundy. I saw one police car down near Maryborough but I'd started to slow down by then as I was approaching town. Didn't see any on the highway.

Things were a lot different...and these days if you can maintain 100kph on the highway for more than a few minutes before having to slow down for something, you're doing well...
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #257
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post

Cheers Ryan
I have Vh pacer
All the R/T's
And the E55's

My mate Andrew has list of every charger to leave the factory.All 32 thousand of them.lol

Old 06-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #258
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Seems to be a lot more common now those lists. I had them more than 15 years ago and wrote the articles and guides getting around on club websites etc. on how to decode all the numbers, and all the option codes etc.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #259
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Seems to be a lot more common now those lists. I had them more than 15 years ago and wrote the articles and guides getting around on club websites etc. on how to decode all the numbers, and all the option codes etc.
Sounds that way, The guy I got mine from has all the Australian Chrysler list. One of the original sets in the Chrysler binders. He also stated that he's old man actually found the pacers set when scrummaging through a bin at Chrysler when he worked there. I personally wasn't interested in the whole set I really just wanted the E49 list at the time because I was toying with the idea of buying one. He had even documented all the known stolen and written off ones for me including rebodies.

Cheers Ryan
Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #260
radar

only one left apparently

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=784821497

AU2 V8 Wagon for the daily.

T2 ts50 in silhouette

73 Charger (in bits)
radar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #261
challenger73
Starter Motor

no e49 just a hemi orange 770 that one one day will be garaged next to a xa hardtop.One day...
challenger73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #262
XR.1967
XR 1967

One quick charger..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9xNYBHXwEo
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #263
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

2 great pics. Go the Ausy 6.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #264
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Even in the early eighties the roads were reasonably "empty" and policing was fairly light. Yes there were hand held radar guns, but they were few and far between. There was mobile radar I think, but it was pretty sparsely used and not a widespread fitment. When I started driving in 1982 in Bundaberg, the local police used to give out "warnings" as much as they did "tickets". The highway patrol boys (who even then had a chip on their shoulders) drove "pursuit" cars...yellow painted (as opposed to white) police cars, usually Commodores. They had some suspension work and engine work done.

The roads were fairly quiet and very different to what we see today...there were semi trailers, but at the time in Queensland B-doubles only existed way out in remote outback areas and were banned from highways and roads down towards the coast...and in my mind that was a damn good idea. Triples, or road trains, didn't exist.

I vividly remember doing a run in my Charger down to Maryborough and sitting on an even 100mph when I hit the highway outside Bundy. I saw one police car down near Maryborough but I'd started to slow down by then as I was approaching town. Didn't see any on the highway.

Things were a lot different...and these days if you can maintain 100kph on the highway for more than a few minutes before having to slow down for something, you're doing well...
There was one type of Highway Patrol VK patrol that was just a standard 5.0L and that just had the single exhaust and there was a better one that had the twin exhaust with a lumpy cam, boy that standard one was gutless but they were both gutless junk with rubbish tyres and the VL Turbo could only just make it with something like the old XB GT.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post