Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-02-2023, 02:37 PM   #1
Cooper69S

Default MC drivers door lock intermittently not locking via remote

Hi all
MC Mondeo zetec drivers door lock has an intermittent problem with locking and unlocking via the remote. Seems to be like it for a couple of months then comes good for a while (weeks, months) then back to not working again. Currently not working.

Need a new lock actuator? or could it just be sticky and needing some WD40 or something?

Thanks
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
Mondaveo

Default Re: MC drivers door lock intermittently not locking via remote

I have a similar issue with my passenger side front door, although only with unlocking (failing to lock would be a somewhat greater concern).
Intermittently that one door will not unlock with the other doors, so when you come around and pull the handle the door will not open. It always unlocks if the front passenger door handle is the first you pull though (proximity/keyless entry).

I suspected something inside the door was fouling the mechanism following a shoddy smash repair job so I went looking for instructions on how to remove the door card to take a peek. It turns out there's quite a lot of guides out there for this, because it's not uncommon for the lock mechanism to fail, so people have documented how they replaced it. (There's also a known issue faced by people in colder climes where water draining through the door freezes the mechanism.)

The below is a really good DIY walkthrough of the replacement procedure and you can easily find others like it. After seeing these guides I've figured out this probably what I need to do to fix my issue.

https://youtu.be/nQeBZL2b6tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #3
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
The below is a really good DIY walkthrough of the replacement procedure and you can easily find others like it. After seeing these guides I've figured out this probably what I need to do to fix my issue.
Thanks I'll check it out
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2023, 12:48 PM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I changed to the 2 stage door unlocking last year (not sure of the correct terminology?), but the central locking became confused after a while and sometimes would not unlock the driver's door until one of the other doors was opened!

I changed back to the single stage and it came right after a few days, although I don't expect this will be a permanent fix!

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Old 13-03-2023, 06:09 PM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Drivers side rear door failed to lock, unlocking was fine though. I cleaned the motor of all the carbon after stripping it down (and there was heaps of it) but there was no carbon brush left. Got a used replacement latch mechanism and the rest was history. Had to set the limits again for auto/global features to work.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2023, 10:31 PM   #6
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
I changed to the 2 stage door unlocking last year (not sure of the correct terminology?)

That's called 'Dead Lock'.