Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Fez WQ

Exclamation Rear Main Seal Gone !!!

Just noticed some oil my garage floor looked under the car and oil is everywhere, took it to a Ford dealer and they looked under it and guess what its the rear main seal. Has anyone had this problem , the Mechanic said they had one in that day for the same problem !!! :lookedat: undefinedundefined
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

You are talking about a Fiesta right?

Havent had that prob on mine but, a similar thing happened to our BA XR6, driveshaft O ring went and leaked tranny oil everywhere....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
Fez WQ

Sure is a fiesta 4 door LX
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

It's the 20 cent parts that bring down the space shuttle.

Our BA XR6 did it at 7 thouand kms too, as well as the oil sump seal.

I like to think of it as an oil recycling and rust protection system, think how good it will be to never have to wait for oil to drain before putting in new one, it's continuously rotating the old oil to areas that the oil will stop from rusting, and all you ever need to do is happily put fresh oil in, without any waiting at all. You'd never need to change the filter because the oil doesn't stay in there long enough either!

I'd patent the idea, but I see Ford already has. Hope they fix it soon for you.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Ouch that hurt :P
having a stab at ford are we!? i totaly agree though, i could of made alot of money out of that.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post