Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2015, 01:12 AM   #27
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Pedestrian Run Down By Cyclist

The history is http://rac.com.au/about-us/about-rac/our-history :
Quote:
It was in 1905 that RAC - or Automobile Club of Western Australia as it was then known - was formed by a small group of enthusiastic car owners.

They established the club partly for social purposes, such as picnic runs and reliability trials, and also to overcome the hostility of a community that still depended on the horse for road transport.

Since then the organisation has grown considerably and well over half a million vehicles are now covered under RAC membership.
. ... so I expect at least the original objects were about promoting the interests of motorists. The cyclists in WA already have influential lobby groups so I don't thing the RAC needs to help lobby on their behave. I do agree that the RAC and the cyclist lobby should work together to promote mutual understanding, safety and other mutual interests but I think it is going somewhat further with this latest initiative and survey. I think it should be spending membership funds on initiatives that more directly benefit motoring members not promoting the desires of the cycling lobby.

Last edited by aussiblue; 31-01-2015 at 01:17 AM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post