Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #31
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: hundreds of caravans and other RVs choking a Queensland highway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Isn't it illegal to have a rear facing camera on while the vehicle is in forward motion ? Something about having a TV/screen monitor distracting while driving.
who cares if it is, I think he's got the right idea with that one
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #32
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Don't just single out caravan owners for this as I experience many cars and trucks doing this when coming to overtaking lanes.
Seriously some people have mental problems allowing other people overtaking them.

OBTW not all of us van owners are c***s, so give credit when its due and on last note you truckies have your share of c***s, I know since I work in your industry.

Cheers.
I agree with you on that as well.
I never said all did I.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #33
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
You should be skipping around like a teenager now that you have got that heavy load off your shoulders and chest
What makes you think that.

All I am saying is that such is true.

And education program is needed for some people for sure, some twat who only has driven 7000km a year gets behind the wheel with a wobble box and hits the roads in total ignorance.

Total ignorant Road hogs ! who don't give a cracker about anyone on the road but themselves.

It's all about don't be a dick head out on the roads and try to think about others.

When it comes to trucks I am amassed at how many just don't understand what it truly is, they have never been in one and never driven one so the ignorance is just amazing.

I drove a tanker.

I seen on the news a few weeks ago of some morons totally freaking out recording footage of a tanker on the winding bit of road between Woodenbong NSW Borden and Palen creek, big deal ! I like to see them have a go at it.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #34
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Isn't it illegal to have a rear facing camera on while the vehicle is in forward motion ? Something about having a TV/screen monitor distracting while driving.
No more distracting than a GPS. Even a speedo could be a distraction if you look at it all the time whilst driving.With a rear camera or GPS you glance at it as part of your observation routine,ie speedo, temp.fuel,mirrors,gps etc,you don,t look at it full time
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #35
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Yes and no, depends where you mount your reverse monitor.
Check with your state RTA guidelines, one last comment a reverse camera on a van does not replace your side mirrors which is a mandatory requirement when towing.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Queensland the rear vision monitor has to be mounted on the windscreen in lower right hand corner just above the dash. I have been stopped by Police and they have never said anything about it. and yes you must have mirrors wider than the van also.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #37
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Queensland the rear vision monitor has to be mounted on the windscreen in lower right hand corner just above the dash. I have been stopped by Police and they have never said anything about it. and yes you must have mirrors wider than the van also.
I can,t find any guideline as to where a camera can be mounted in Tas.According to RACQ a GPS mst be mounted so as not to restrict vision ie either down low RHS of screen OR low mounted in centre of dash!so I presume that is a national guide rather than just one (backward) state.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #38
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Its not the road that the event that's held on

Its the fact that the brainless geriatric farts are on the roads to start with
Must be a young snot hey? Remember, you will be a brainless geriatric fart one day. May those words haunt you.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #39
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk74 View Post
Wow that was a bit harsh, l wholeheartedly apologise for offending anyone who drives so damn slow, myself and a Mica ambulance got stuck behind a caravaner on the Murreyvalley Hwy. Sirens and lights didnt seem to worry these people who were driving at 80ks and wouldnt pull over to let the ambulance pass, l'm sure they werent worried about someone elses life as losing a couple of minutes isnt their worry.
That start of a sentence suggests that you are full of yourself. Try... A MICA Ambulance and I got stuck... If the ambulance could not pass safely at that speed, it would not safely pass at 100 neither.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #40
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post

Well said - just another story that could be anyone. I find most of them are excellent now. Most are being pulled by vehicles with more than enough power to do the speed limit. The main problem now is impatient idiots that just have to get round that caravan - tossers. The same morons do the same with trucks that are doing the speed limit, they’ve just gota get around everything at any cost. Bit of patience and respect on our roads goes along way. Next time your sitting behind a caravan be patient - the poor bastard may have worked a life of nightshift, raised 5 kids, survived 17% interest rates, paid their taxes, has never had anything and is now finally retired enjoying a well earned road trip.
Good on em’.
Well written. The speed limit is just that, the limit. Nowhere in the driving regulations does it state that you have to travel at that speed. Everyone, who obeys the rules, has the right to drive on the road. Strange thing is, I have not attended an RTC, where the cause was not from a driver doing wrong. Strange indeed.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #41
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRXR6 View Post
Well written. The speed limit is just that, the limit. Nowhere in the driving regulations does it state that you have to travel at that speed. Everyone, who obeys the rules, has the right to drive on the road. Strange thing is, I have not attended an RTC, where the cause was not from a driver doing wrong. Strange indeed.
The Queensland Police seem to think you can be done for driving too slow.

You can be charged with failing to show due care and consideration.

If you are travelling at 80 km/h in a 100 km/h zone you must pull over (when it is safe to do so) and allow cars to pass.

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/bundaber...er-80-highway/

Generally people doing 70 in the 110 zone doesn't bother me because I just overtake them.
Last time it happened it was a group travelling together, and they were driving far too close so you couldn't overtake one at a time, and I was stuck behind half a dozen cars. I couldn't see enough past them all to overtake at all and spent far too long behind them.

When we got into the 100 zone they dropped to 60, then crawled along at 20 in the 60 zone before coming to a complete stop to turn a corner.

Some people really do need to give up their licences.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #42
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Don't just single out caravan owners for this as I experience many cars and trucks doing this when coming to overtaking lanes.
Seriously some people have mental problems allowing other people overtaking them.

OBTW not all of us van owners are c***s, so give credit when its due and on last note you truckies have your share of c***s, I know since I work in your industry.

Cheers.
Great response. Some truckers are the most idiotic drivers on the road. I've been doing 110 on the motorway from Gympie to Brisbane with a rig right on my tail. They are governed to 100 are they not? I've seen them in the right lane going nowhere also.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #43
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
The Queensland Police seem to think you can be done for driving too slow.

You can be charged with failing to show due care and consideration.

If you are travelling at 80 km/h in a 100 km/h zone you must pull over (when it is safe to do so) and allow cars to pass.

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/bundaber...er-80-highway/

Generally people doing 70 in the 110 zone doesn't bother me because I just overtake them.
Last time it happened it was a group travelling together, and they were driving far too close so you couldn't overtake one at a time, and I was stuck behind half a dozen cars. I couldn't see enough past them all to overtake at all and spent far too long behind them.

When we got into the 100 zone they dropped to 60, then crawled along at 20 in the 60 zone before coming to a complete stop to turn a corner.

Some people really do need to give up their licences.
Do you note that … when it is safe to do so, is in brackets. When it is safe is according to the driver, not you. But yes, there are some ignorant fools on the road, young and old.

Also, you should give way to where safe, and allow an emergency vehicle to pass when it has it's warning devices in operation, again, "when safe to do so".

I have been held up by both cars and trucks whilst responding to an emergency.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #44
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I can,t find any guideline as to where a camera can be mounted in Tas.According to RACQ a GPS mst be mounted so as not to restrict vision ie either down low RHS of screen OR low mounted in centre of dash!so I presume that is a national guide rather than just one (backward) state.
Tassie,
a nice read for you is ADR 14.02, ADR 44.02 relates to rear view mirrors and towing mirrors, monitors etc. I've had a lot of dealings to comply with ADR 44.02 motorhome construction as I've built three of them. A gooseneck / 5th wheeler will be my next heartache.
Two in NSW one in Victoria, Oh the paperwork !

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #45
Warrenk

Quote:
No more distracting than a GPS. Even a speedo could be a distraction if you look at it all the time whilst driving.With a rear camera or GPS you glance at it as part of your observation routine,ie speedo, temp.fuel,mirrors,gps etc,you don,t look at it full time
A GPS is classed as a drivers aide and is allowed under the current rules, where a reverse camera activated while moving forward is not a drivers aide so more than likely will not be legal.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #46
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That start of a sentence suggests that you are full of yourself. Try... A MICA Ambulance and I got stuck... If the ambulance could not pass safely at that speed, it would not safely pass at 100 neither.
I pulled to the side and let the ambulance pass as soon as saw them in my mirror, the **** wipe in the van couldnt of given a crap.
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 PM   #47
nstg8a

Can certainly tell the members that tow caravans in this thread...,
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #48
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its not the road that the event that's held on

Its the fact that the brainless geriatric farts are on the roads to start with
Been to a caravan park lately?

The average age of caravanners has dropped significantly it looks like.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 02:20 AM   #49
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Just don,t assume that every caravanner shows the same ignorance or arrogance
Dont have to assume, just have to share the roads with them for five minutes and you'll see it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Next time your sitting behind a caravan be patient - the poor bastard may have worked a life of nightshift, raised 5 kids, survived 17% interest rates, paid their taxes, has never had anything and is now finally retired enjoying a well earned road trip.
Just ask them, they'll soon tell you they've done their bit and that automatically affords them the right to do whatever the **** they want.
Quote:
Only problem I have sometimes with caravans is a few not using wide enough towing mirrors.
Doesnt really matter when they dont look at the damn things anyway
Quote:
Must be a young snot hey? Remember, you will be a brainless geriatric fart one day. May those words haunt you.
might be true, but no way on gods green earth will I buy a bloody caravan
Quote:
Everyone, who obeys the rules, has the right to drive on the road.
So why is it that the older generation love to harp on that driving is a privilege and not a right?
Quote:
Strange thing is, I have not attended an RTC, where the cause was not from a driver doing wrong. Strange indeed.
3 years ago I watched one wobble box end up on its side in the tabledrain avoiding a head-on while executing a poorly timed overtake on yet another sloth-like wobble box....
True to form, the driver of the wobble box that was being overtaken continued up the road oblivious to anything going wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Been to a caravan park lately?
The average age of caravanners has dropped significantly it looks like.
1: I bet they still cant park their caravans......
2: Most of the fossils are free camping, so that will skew the statistics if you only look at caravan park visitors.....
Old 04-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #50
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aren,t we all lucky to have a 100 per cent perfect human to share our world with.!!!!
3 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #51
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dont have to assume, just have to share the roads with them for five minutes and you'll see it!

Just ask them, they'll soon tell you they've done their bit and that automatically affords them the right to do whatever the **** they want.

Doesnt really matter when they dont look at the damn things anyway

might be true, but no way on gods green earth will I buy a bloody caravan
So why is it that the older generation love to harp on that driving is a privilege and not a right?

3 years ago I watched one wobble box end up on its side in the tabledrain avoiding a head-on while executing a poorly timed overtake on yet another sloth-like wobble box....
True to form, the driver of the wobble box that was being overtaken continued up the road oblivious to anything going wrong!

1: I bet they still cant park their caravans......
2: Most of the fossils are free camping, so that will skew the statistics if you only look at caravan park visitors.....
The best thing Interceptor........in 5 yrs there’ll be double the number of wobble boxes out there to make your day. I hope ya get stuck behind every single one of em’ lmfao. Gold
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #52
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets hope there are no push Bike riders on the way
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #53
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/acce...rsing-cameras/
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #54
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #55
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a turbo or Miami.

No need to complain about being held up then.

I love coming up behind multiple road trains / grey nomads.

When I get to the nomad stage my tow vehicle will be an old fergie 135 and I'll be doing 25 mph. That will **** off a few here I think!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.

Last edited by PG2; 04-06-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: swear filter avoidance
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #56
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Let them have their fun and set another mundane record, they're not doing it on the open highway.
On the highways if its not a caravan it'll be a truck or a learner or a bicycle being blamed for holding everyone up. More time to check your facetube status on the phone.
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #57
prydey
Rob

Interceptor - what type of car do you drive? whatever it is, i'm sure I saw one of them being driven dangerously/slowly/all over the road... etc etc, therefore, using the same logic, it must mean that is how you drive also.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #58
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Lets hope there are no push Bike riders on the way
Yeah just imagine the angst on this thread if say the thread was about 1000 cyclists wanting to form a queue in outbackland.
The blood would have boiled in three posts.
JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #59
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Interceptor - what type of car do you drive? whatever it is, i'm sure I saw one of them being driven dangerously/slowly/all over the road... etc etc, therefore, using the same logic, it must mean that is how you drive also.
Plenty of them being driven sensibly and safely, unlike caravanners
Old 05-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #60
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a car this morning off the side of the road!no caravan, so I presume it must have been Mr perfect
3 users like this post: