Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #511
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek
Guys... check out the new Ford ad if you have not seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESR1eyGydYY

Absolutely amazing. That is all.
Fantastic!! Feels like an Aussie spin on an American idea to sell cars.
Old 23-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #512
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol the Falcon has a tankless Boot!!!!
Well so do the other 2 but they have spare tyres!
Old 23-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #513
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What they said about the FGII seemed pretty much spot on to me & they dont look like nerds just average guys who just might not be Bogans, oh I see thats why they are Nerds lol

So guys tell me what they said that was so wrong?

Was it the 6 Airbags thingy coz they were right about that, or maybe it was that the Turbo DI 4 cyl Engine is on its way, umm no they are correct on that also, maybe I missed something lol
Old 23-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #514
thedutchman92

That is great they should chop it up and get it on TV asap
Old 23-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #515
FPT
earth flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
What they said about the FGII seemed pretty much spot on to me & they dont look like nerds just average guys who just might not be Bogans, oh I see thats why they are Nerds lol

So guys tell me what they said that was so wrong?

Was it the 6 Airbags thingy coz they were right about that, or maybe it was that the Turbo DI 4 cyl Engine is on its way, umm no they are correct on that also, maybe I missed something lol
From the start they said there are no driveline improvements - a bit like what was said earlier in this thread - and that is ignoring the fact the driveline changes are more running changes than specifically to do with the FGII update.

The airbags. Well, that's just being negative and done to death. In twenty years time we'll still be reminded of it. Why didn't any of the press carry on like pork chops about other local manufacturers having 4 star ancap, not 5 star like FG? It's not like they weren't optional, either.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #516
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW-221
From the start they said there are no driveline improvements - a bit like what was said earlier in this thread - and that is ignoring the fact the driveline changes are more running changes than specifically to do with the FGII update.

The airbags. Well, that's just being negative and done to death. In twenty years time we'll still be reminded of it. Why didn't any of the press carry on like pork chops about other local manufacturers having 4 star ancap, not 5 star like FG? It's not like they weren't optional, either.
Its just all semantics though to be Honest or the way some Interprete what was said.

So they said FGII brings no major improvements but then they mentioned the upcoming Direct Injection Turbo 4 however yes I agree they did not mention the ECOLPI engine though was that not bought in right at the end of FG MkI?

And yes there have been small improvements over the life of FG MkI IE some exhaust mods, different tune, ZF standard etc etc however again these are not FG MkII improvements so on that they are correct if you accept they are talking in a literal or specific sense.

I know many of you have passion for the Ford product (even I do) however to bring passion along with emotion into any argument or debate just clouds your judgement, need to just look at the facts if you want to be accurate lol

Lastly even I am wrong at times & I freely admit that, my biggest issue being memory (we all have our failings) lol

Last edited by Seduce XR6; 23-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #517
FPT
earth flavoured

Quote:
Its just all semantics though to be Honest or the way some Interprete what was said.

So they said FGII brings no major improvements but then they mentioned the upcoming Direct Injection Turbo 4 however yes I agree they did not mention the ECOLPI engine though was that not bought in right at the end of FG MkI?

And yes there have been small improvements over the life of FG MkI IE some exhaust mods, different tune, ZF standard etc etc however again these are not FG MkII improvements so on that they are correct if you accept they are talking in a literal or specific sense.

I know many of you have passion for the Ford product (even I do) however to bring passion along with emotion into any argument or debate just clouds your judgement, need to just look at the facts if you want to be accurate lol

Lastly even I am wrong at times & I freely admit that, my biggest issue being memory (we all have our failings) lol
It's another poor example of journalism to disregard what Ford has effectively spent and included in the car in total.

Compare the amount of time they spent talking about the negative aspects relative to the actual positive changes made for Mk2, and the running changes! You don't need to be a "passionate", "fanboy", "armchair expert" to see that.

They're not nerds or bogans, they're dimwits. The reason for it's poor sales has more to do with the media's constant negativity.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #518
jjw
powered by Ford

"The reason for it's poor sales has more to do with the media's constant negativity."

You give them too much credit.
Old 23-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #519
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford's Mustang Performance Team are in Las Vegas. I tried to get in.."Invite Only" I was told ,at the gate. Bugger!!! would have been good to see....
Old 23-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #520
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Not one mention of FGII or new engines at all in this weeks Carsguide.

Only a worthless article on the Ford V8 which says that the XR8 will stay in the showrooms into the foreseeable future!!! Boy they are out of touch.

But they do have a double page spread on a new Astra.

Yeah I saw that. You would think it would be worth a full page spread...unless they are waiting for more info...which is pointless seeing the pics were every were else.
Old 23-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #521
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Yeah I saw that. You would think it would be worth a full page spread...unless they are waiting for more info...which is pointless seeing the pics were every were else.
The Hearld sun havn't even made a mention at all about FG MK II, but the updated MY12 Commodore with some chrome bits added to the bumper and a new alloy wheel design got a two page spread and a article in the main part of the paper.
Old 23-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #522
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's another poor example of journalism to disregard what Ford has effectively spent and included in the car in total.

Compare the amount of time they spent talking about the negative aspects relative to the actual positive changes made for Mk2, and the running changes! You don't need to be a "passionate", "fanboy", "armchair expert" to see that.

They're not nerds or bogans, they're dimwits. The reason for it's poor sales has more to do with the media's constant negativity.
So what are the Drivetrain changes for FG MkII as only they are relevant when talking about FG MkII

The only negative aspects I heard was that it has taken a long time for Falcon to have 6 airbags standard & that it is a minor update, they also said lots of positive things so was balanced as far as I am concerned.

I know what you & others like you would like to see, all positive & glowing reports, well how often have you watched or read any vehicle review that was all positive lol

The reason for poor sales has many things you could blame, cost of fuel, perception that all large cars are gas guzzlers, purchase price when compared to many imports, the fact that smaller vehicles are now more popular than they have been in the past & for many who have purchased new Fords the lack of good service at Dealer level when things go wrong or even when things dont go wrong lol

Etc Etc I could go on however have wasted enough of my time & have some TV to watch

Cheers
Old 23-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #523
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Not one mention of FGII or new engines at all in this weeks Carsguide.

Only a worthless article on the Ford V8 which says that the XR8 will stay in the showrooms into the foreseeable future!!! Boy they are out of touch.

But they do have a double page spread on a new Astra.
The quote they have from Ford PR must be at least 12+ months old.

"We will continue to sell XR8's into the foreseeable future"

Unless they just gave the game away that the XR8 will be returning next year.
Old 23-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #524
FPT
earth flavoured

Quote:
The only negative aspects I heard was that it has taken a long time for Falcon to have 6 airbags standard & that it is a minor update, they also said lots of positive things so was balanced as far as I am concerned.
You must have been watching something else, I was watching this http://media.drive.com.au/cars/car-n...exc_from=strap
Old 24-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #525
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't blame Drive or Cars Guide for inaccurate news on FG2 and Falcon in general. I blame Ford's marketing/media Dept for poor press releases. They can only report on what info they receive...Ford need to get their act together ASAP.!! But, we have all said that for years..and FORD aren't listening!!!
Old 24-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #526
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You must have been watching something else, I was watching this http://media.drive.com.au/cars/car-n...exc_from=strap
Nah same thing the difference is I watched it from the perspective of a reasonable person who owns a Ford & does like his Fords though has an open mind to both the good & bad aspects of Fords & mainly takes notice of the positives when watching something like that & does not dwell on the Negatives unless they are not even close to being the truth as Justice & Fairness are always at the top of my list, others will just see the negatives & whinge, moan & cry about that for days, weeks or months lol

My Father had Fords, I have owned many Fords & my Son may soon buy his first car & what does he want, a Ford of course lol however I am not one eyed to the Ford product
Old 24-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #527
FPT
earth flavoured

Quote:
Nah same thing the difference is I watched it from the perspective of a reasonable person who owns a Ford & does like his Fords though has an open mind to both the good & bad aspects of Fords & mainly takes notice of the positives when watching something like that & does not dwell on the Negatives unless they are not even close to being the truth as Justice & Fairness are always at the top of my list, others will just see the negatives & whinge, moan & cry about that for days, weeks or months lol

My Father had Fords, I have owned many Fords & my Son may soon buy his first car & what does he want, a Ford of course lol however I am not one eyed to the Ford product
Whatever makes you feel better
Old 24-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #528
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

The way I see it, the Mark II is just the official name of the ongoing run of updates to the existing FG falcon with a few styling changes thrown in for good measure. I would much prefer it that way with tried and tested upgrades rather than them all being dumped into the car at once and potentially having issues
Old 24-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #529
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Whatever makes you feel better
It Did
Old 24-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #530
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I know exactly where you are coming from Seduce and my family history with Ford is very similar. Some on here however seem frustrated and/or disillusioned with Fords position in the market, which in the end is directly attributable to Fords actions past and present. Since Ford can't have screwed up, if you are a Ford fanboy, then apparently someone or something else must be found to blame for why they aren't everyone's favourite car company.

Truth is Ford is tracking fairly well with product right now and the Falcon has had some worthwhile improvements and the FG series is unquestionably the best Falcon ever produced in this country, but it won't ever be number one again. There was always going to be a price for not listening to your customers year after year and letting your brand get on the nose with the public.

Ford does show signs of trying to turn around the public perception, but it will takes years to really work. There is no magic pill to "fix things" as some on here believe there is. After all many of the problems Falcon and its public image now faces in the market didn't happen overnight either.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #531
GTP-03

Anyone ever mention to those two motoring journalists that the FG side panels are manufactured from hi strength steel which is much more proctective than having a air pillow come down if some one rams into the side of the car at 40km an hour, they never mention that at all in any reviews of the FG Falcons I have seen. Whats the point of doing something if no ones going to let people know about it? Motoring journalists fail again!
Old 24-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #532
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
I know exactly where you are coming from Seduce and my family history with Ford is very similar. Some on here however seem frustrated and/or disillusioned with Fords position in the market, which in the end is directly attributable to Fords actions past and present. Since Ford can't have screwed up, if you are a Ford fanboy, then apparently someone or something else must be found to blame for why they aren't everyone's favourite car company.

Truth is Ford is tracking fairly well with product right now and the Falcon has had some worthwhile improvements and the FG series is unquestionably the best Falcon ever produced in this country, but it won't ever be number one again. There was always going to be a price for not listening to your customers year after year and letting your brand get on the nose with the public.

Ford does show signs of trying to turn around the public perception, but it will takes years to really work. There is no magic pill to "fix things" as some on here believe there is. After all many of the problems Falcon and its public image now faces in the market didn't happen overnight either.

You make a lot of sense Daniel & I agree with what you have said, yes the FG is the best Falcon ever made & I have owned an XW, XC, AU, EF, BFII & now FG so have some experiance in Falcons lol

And my Father Had a Prefect, XP, XR & a XY

Son wants to start off with a FG XR6 as he likes my car & can get used versions really cheap.

Oh & my Mother had a XM & passed on a red 66 Mustang (almost killed her) but she was at that time still bigger than me lol

She sort of made up for it though with a purple Mini cooper S lol

Last edited by Seduce XR6; 24-09-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 24-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #533
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
but it won't ever be number one again.
it doesn't need to be. it just needs to be profitable. i doubt anyone on here really knows what that figure really is. many guess, no one knows.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #534
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-03
Anyone ever mention to those two motoring journalists that the FG side panels are manufactured from hi strength steel which is much more proctective than having a air pillow come down if some one rams into the side of the car at 40km an hour, they never mention that at all in any reviews of the FG Falcons I have seen. Whats the point of doing something if no ones going to let people know about it? Motoring journalists fail again!
ISN'T THAT FORDS FAULT THOUGH ? the only way to know this is pretty much to be a true blue die hard ford man and research this forum thanks to RUSSELL W . OUR FORUM DIRECTOR .
Old 24-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #535
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
ISN'T THAT FORDS FAULT THOUGH ? the only way to know this is pretty much to be a true blue die hard ford man and research this forum thanks to RUSSELL W . OUR FORUM DIRECTOR .
the FG was the 1st aussie car to receive a 5 star ancap rating. it achieves this without curtain airbags. ford advertised the fact that it had a 5 star rating but every journo out there only bagged them for not having airgbags. apparently a 4 star car with curtain airbags was a better choice and safer option.

even without airbags, the FG scored higher in the side impact pole test that its competitors and yet journo's and some forum members just get hung up on airbag count.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #536
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
the FG was the 1st aussie car to receive a 5 star ancap rating. it achieves this without curtain airbags. ford advertised the fact that it had a 5 star rating but every journo out there only bagged them for not having airgbags. apparently a 4 star car with curtain airbags was a better choice and safer option.

even without airbags, the FG scored higher in the side impact pole test that its competitors and yet journo's and some forum members just get hung up on airbag count.

I'm not sure your right there . i think they only advertised the fact that if you buy the optional curtain airbags then it has a 5 star rating . . thats what i vaguely remember
Old 24-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #537
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I'm not sure your right there . i think they only advertised the fact that if you buy the optional curtain airbags then it has a 5 star rating . . thats what i vaguely remember
Prydey is correct in saying that without curtain airbags the fg sedan still has a 5 star rating. Ford made a very big deal of that fact.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #538
prydey
Rob

nope, fg was 5 star across the range except lpg and ute.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #539
prydey
Rob

the FG has also recently been voted the safest used car you can buy. not sure about the credibility of the article. actually i don't even have a link. i just remember hearing it.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #540
gtfpv
GT

I'm happy to stand corrected . If i'm wrong . still remember only 5 stars with curtain airbags . and the car was bagged by the media because it was advertised as 5 star when it wasn't in base form ( non curtain airbags) . i'm probably wrong , but thats what i remember .
Closed Thread