Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 30-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
MexicanBatman
Banned

Default G6ET tune and more

G'day guys.

Finally I have done 3000km and had my first service. So no it's time to void the wty

looking at a flashtune injectors and wastegate actuator (heard of problems with stock item and more boost)

also possible a cat

later on but not now some type of cooler and piping but keep stock airbox

Cars stock other than XR8 snorkel box and K&N

what am I missing here?

Anything else I should be looking at?

Realistically what gains will I be looing at car did 13.05@110.62 stock with 1000km on it

also can you let me know what $$$ I'd be looking at via pm is fine

and lastly for the above tune injectors and maybe cat ( want to keep the cat back stock) when can you do it and how long will it take

Thanks heaps

btw I'm pretty local so anytime is good

MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg6e
G'day guys.

Finally I have done 3000km and had my first service. So no it's time to void the wty

looking at a flashtune injectors and wastegate actuator (heard of problems with stock item and more boost)

also possible a cat

later on but not now some type of cooler and piping but keep stock airbox

Cars stock other than XR8 snorkel box and K&N

what am I missing here?

Anything else I should be looking at?

Realistically what gains will I be looing at car did 13.05@110.62 stock with 1000km on it

also can you let me know what $$$ I'd be looking at via pm is fine

and lastly for the above tune injectors and maybe cat ( want to keep the cat back stock) when can you do it and how long will it take

Thanks heaps

btw I'm pretty local so anytime is good
Hi Andrew,

beautful choice of car mate, anychance of you shooting us a PM with your number? and we can get to your enquiry straight away.

Regards

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
buzzn-7
Starter Motor

Andrew firstly congratulations on the car mate,
just wanting to say that you have gone down a very good path by choosing BPR,
Chris and Theo will do there absolute best to keep you happy and the car safe.
I have had my FG turbo ute tuned and serviced by them and couldnt be any happier.
Car always runs consistant and hasnt given me a problem.
i feel very comfortable in leaving my car with them and know they will treat it like
their own.
FYI my car in standard form made 235rwkw and left there with 276rwkw, from a
tune, BPR airbox, and injectors.
Looking at putting a exhaust, Plazmaman cooler and Valve springs next.
Go speak to them Andrew and they will point you in the right direction with
your G6et.
All the best bud, feel free to Pm me for any other information.

Regards,
Omer
buzzn-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
MexicanBatman
Banned

She goes in tomorrow

Just going to do tune for now and injectors if needed

Then I'll see how I go

Might sell my bike and get a scooter lol

The go back for much much more, not that it's needed
Old 07-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
MexicanBatman
Banned

All tuned up today ended up with ummm..... I think 275.9rwkw tune only and minimal boost

Gained almost 60rwkw down low!

Goes really well time to head to the track soon to see what it'll do

Massive increase in midrange now it goes harder on 2/3 throttle than it did before at wot...

Somewhat disappointed though, thought it'd rip my arms out but it's as smooth as factory but with more torque everywhere!

It ran a 13.0 stock by the feel of it a 12.5 should be easily had, it's even dosed a few times lol I thought you need to block off the bov for that.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
SilkG6ET

Thanks for sharing andrewg6e

Well done guys - great numbers for just a tune.
What did it make stock?
Any dyno sheets for me to drool over?
Cant wait till mine gets the treatment.....

G6ET - Stock with K&N Panel Filter 12.9998 @ 108 - 2.10 60'
Now - PW Stepped IC, ID1000's, LSD, Crow Springs, Walbro 460, GTX35/76R, Xforce 4" SS, Coolerworx pipework, Allsparks Tuned 347rwkw@16psi
Mopar Nats 2016 12.3 @ 121 - 2.1 60'
SilkG6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
MexicanBatman
Banned

They had no ink

Made 244kwatw stock

I'll post them up when I do go back and get them though..
Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Great result Andrew. Enjoy her!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Congrats!

A tidy result there with street-able drivability - the perfect combo for such a car.

BluePower do it again......
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
All tuned up today ended up with ummm..... I think 275.9rwkw tune only and minimal boost

Gained almost 60rwkw down low!

Goes really well time to head to the track soon to see what it'll do

Massive increase in midrange now it goes harder on 2/3 throttle than it did before at wot...

Somewhat disappointed though, thought it'd rip my arms out but it's as smooth as factory but with more torque everywhere!

It ran a 13.0 stock by the feel of it a 12.5 should be easily had, it's even dosed a few times lol I thought you need to block off the bov for that.

Andrew

Sounds unreal

Any chance you could give me an idea
what cost was involved

Might just have to save my pennies !!

Cheers
Geoff
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

That's awesome! Was valve float an issue? I remember seeing a video done by HPF where they tuned an FG turbo to about 270rwkw but they had to lay off the boost up top because the factory valve springs weren't loving it..
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
MexicanBatman
Banned

no, no problems with the valve springs, but they think if i did injectors and then we wound boost up to say 15psi up from 11psi now then there possibly would be

currently boost hits 14psi @ about the 100km/h mark on the graph then tapers off to 11psi @ max rpm (3rd gear)

stock it was 9psi pretty constant

Old 08-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Great result their.
You would be hitting 4th on the track yeah?If so then doesnt it need to be tuned for more tyre speed in 4th gear.Past that dyno run speed its unknown or is their other graphs?
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
MexicanBatman
Banned

Guys can we arrange to get this thing back in for some more psi up top? I've heard of plenty of people on standard valve springs with more than 300rwkw I reckon it's worth a try, obviously some squirters will be needed, maybe we can just throw in a track only tune for the half dozen or so runs I'll do here and there during the year, on the street it's fantastic, but on the 1/4 it's very close to stock, as you up in the rev range so that extra 60rwkw at 3000rpm is useful for only a second then the revs don't drop that far back during changes... so I'm chasing more top end..... Wheel spin isn't an issue either...

Lastly the cyl cut as per factory tune on gear changes has this or can this be altered...
Old 15-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #15
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Guys can we arrange to get this thing back in for some more psi up top? I've heard of plenty of people on standard valve springs with more than 300rwkw I reckon it's worth a try, obviously some squirters will be needed, maybe we can just throw in a track only tune for the half dozen or so runs I'll do here and there during the year, on the street it's fantastic, but on the 1/4 it's very close to stock, as you up in the rev range so that extra 60rwkw at 3000rpm is useful for only a second then the revs don't drop that far back during changes... so I'm chasing more top end..... Wheel spin isn't an issue either...

Lastly the cyl cut as per factory tune on gear changes has this or can this be altered...
Andrew,

We have discussed the valve spring problem with you, the car WILL endure unreliability if you wish for more boost with this car.

We have had the car valve float on the dyno and we reduced boost. I hope you understand.

For reliable power, you need to start looking at some bolt ons, and the first item I would be "bolting on" would be a nice set of valve springs.

Then, yes, we would love to see the beast back in here for some more action!!!

Any dramas, give me a ring.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 15-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
MexicanBatman
Banned

Then we shall do that first then. Is it a big job? Approx how long does it take? And do you keep the parts instock.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Valve Springs on a 4.0L T seems very similar to the Pump gears issue with the Boss, some might need it, some might not in other cases, but considering how much a new motor is worth in any case you would be crazy not to do it.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #18
kvbaby
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Valve Springs on a 4.0L T seems very similar to the Pump gears issue with the Boss, some might need it, some might not in other cases, but considering how much a new motor is worth in any case you would be crazy not to do it.
Exactly,

Ive been reading on other forums and taking to other tuners, and most people dont do the valve springs or are not advised to make this change, if looking at 300+ rwkw, surely Valve float may appear and tuners are aware of this, but why not advise their clients?

Chris has been the only tuner that i have spoken to that HIGHLY reccomended upgrading the Valve springs, if looking at running more boost.

Also, from what i have gathered, 315-320rwkw is when the standard FGt turbo max's out at, people state that they are running 340+rwkw on the standard turbo, this cannot be possible?

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday for the tune !

Will give you a buzz just to confrim everything is fine,

Kav
kvbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #19
MexicanBatman
Banned

I've read of even 350rwkw STD turbo and springs...

I really didn't want to do them as like you mentioned everyones doing 300kw stock springs, but what if!

I'm only shooting for 300rwkw, but a reliable consistent 300kw

So I'm getting the springs done first then some squirters, then cat, actuator and what ever else... And then the hardest decision which cooler setup?
Old 16-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #20
MexicanBatman
Banned

Guys we may need to talk soon, car is just to slow.....

I've been able to consistently achieve 0-100km/h in 4.8 sec now since fitting pirelli p zero's in 275's, but it's just slow, well I think it's slow, (edited SM)

Doing injectors and springs then retune, is much more of a gain possible until I decide to get a cooler and maybe some sort of exhaust work around summer time..

And is it possible to have 2 custom tunes on that box, I want the both the same but one with the factory torque reduction still enabled

Thanks

Last edited by SpoolMan; 17-08-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: no posting stupid driving behavior on these Forums.
Old 18-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #21
MexicanBatman
Banned

?????
Old 18-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Andrew,

you will need a cat, valvesprings and injectors, the cat will allow the car to hold more boost up top.

Then you may want to consider an LSD rear.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 19-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #23
MexicanBatman
Banned

If I do the above, how will the XR8 intake and the stock cooler and piping cope, the plan is to do the air box and cooler and piping, but I can't afford to do it all at once so summer time is probably when I'd get the cooler and air box, just want to know though with the above items you mentioned, aside from full exhaust air box and cooler, will we be getting close to 300rwkw and the turbos peak, stock was 244 tuned to 275, 300 would keep me happy till I could dig up some more coin for a modded turbo, then I'd be happy with 330-350rwkw and reliability, cars only just gone 5k so it's not really daily driven, but still needs to be a nicest drive, don't want lag if I can avoid it... I will drop past one day soon to get prices etc... But I've been busy working when people sleep and sleeping when shops are open.

Thanks for the help