Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Default Major Kenne Bell Announcement.

Watch this space. Big news for Kenne Bell Australian 5.4 customers coming soon......

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Bluepower Racing developments are pleased to announce that the Legendary Australian Kenne Bell kit for the local BOSS motor is NOW availible direct from Bluepower.

So anyone now will have access to the product, which has been superbly distributed through BPR dealers OZ wide thus far.

The reason we had kept the distribution locked for the initial period was because initially we saw that the Performance tuning knowdledge in Australia in particular towards the Ford product was still in its infancy, and our fears were that because of a distinct lack of knowledge would lead to disastrous events, with people blowing up built engines and making customers wait unreasonable amounts of time whilst their car was "experimented" with.

Unfortunately, some of those customers are Forum members, some frequenting the Boss area.Thankfully, due to our dilligence, no Kenne Bell customer has been affected in such a way, making us glad we rejected the requests from many workshops until such a time as we deemed them capable of handling such a fine product.

Now that the rest of the industry is wide awake with more and more knowledge of the Ford product and the SCT software, we will be more than happy to ship supercharger kits to peoples doors. All kits will come shipped complete with a tune file that will start the vehicle with the supercharger fitted to enable driving to a local preferred custom tuning shop. So, if you fit the DIY category, now we can help.

I would also like to publicly thank the following people.

Simon, frome Xtreme Ford Tuning Perth
David, from CPV Tuning Mackay
Kit from Gentech performance ACT
Simon from Nizpro turbocharging

These fellows have taken a keen interest in our product, and have given valuable feedback on the product which has assisted us in our development.

Simon Birch and David Sheehy in particular have added a distinct edge to the product with their own personal performances with their Kenne Bell developed cars both on the dyno and the dragstrip. Paul Agro and myself have spent considerable time away from our families on the dyno, on the dragstrip, on the lathe, mill, and underneath a red hot tig welder for some time now, and to have these guys add their input made our lives a lot easier.

By doing this, BPR can now move forward and continue with our Coyote development and the beginning of our new racing program.

Celebrating this, there will be a special price for forum members on the intercooled and non intercooled kits, please call and speak directly to me for the pricing.

Thanks for your continued support, and a big thanks to all KB'd Aussie Boss customers out there, thanks for believeing in our product as much as we do.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 14-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the update Chris. Great news.

Im now thinking of a kenne Bell in the Boss again....

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I got to admit it is very tempting becuse I'm at the end of this incarnation of the Red Rocket.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

BF XR8 ute (Red the only true Modification) My Toy.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
HIPO66

Well done to you Chris, Theo and team. If it wasn't for your continued passion for the research and talent in tuning these blown Boss's there would be alot of us missing out on the true potential which these engines have.

Celebrating this, there will be a special price for forum members on the intercooled and non intercooled kits, please call and speak directly to me for the pricing.

Hey Chis does this apply to any that are in your shop at the moment

jerome
Old 15-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO66
Well done to you Chris, Theo and team. If it wasn't for your continued passion for the research and talent in tuning these blown Boss's there would be alot of us missing out on the true potential which these engines have.

Hey Chis does this apply to any that are in your shop at the moment

jerome
Yes mate, the discount will apply to your car of course.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 15-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
bassboy

Hey Chris don’t forget about you Turbo customers :P
Nitro
Weekend Drive
FG XR6T
Colour:
Sensation With Dark Argent wheels.
Mods:
PW CAI, Custom Tune, Injectors, Plazmaman FG Intercooler and piping,Defilippo 3.5 inch full Stainless exhaust and Brembo Breaks. All mods done by Bluepower.
Sound:
Alpine Touch Screen Head unit, Alpine PDX Amps x 3, Alpine imprint processor, Sound stream 12” Subs, Focal 6 ½ in splits front and rear, Sound by Street Sound & Vision.
bassboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Hey Chris,

My engine is out next week and I will be looking at Intercooler piping. Hopefully I can design a nice IC pipework kit.

Will keep you posted. Over 60,000 km now with my mate Kenne. Running over 400rwkw.

Best performance product I have EVER bought

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
....Will keep you posted. Over 60,000 km now with my mate Kenne. Running over 400rwkw.

Best performance product I have EVER bought
Haha good on ya JB, makes me smile when I think about the post made in another thread where a forum member basically said that twinscrews were not daily driver material and how much better centifugal blower were......

Long live the Kenne Bell, Long live the King.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Im just Glad to see BPR/Kenne bell Australia is going to be here longer and bringing fantastic products to the Current 5.4L & future 5.0L Brotherhood.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Haha good on ya JB, makes me smile when I think about the post made in another thread where a forum member basically said that twinscrews were not daily driver material and how much better centifugal blower were......

Daniel
hahaha, I am still laughing about that too.

BEST daily driver set up EVER. Total throttle control and 3 years without a ticket must be a good setup. (And a lucky driver )

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
kcufasevigohw

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
hahaha, I am still laughing about that too.

BEST daily driver set up EVER. Total throttle control and 3 years without a ticket must be a good setup. (And a lucky driver )
Wow that's kool. I'll be heading down Kenne lane soon too.

Awesome

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...geG0S5AM-1.jpg

Alpine Sound System,
20in Zenetti Kaotics,
King Springs,
DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors,
2.5in Cat-Back Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust,
BPR CAI,

My Install-Build Thread.

Spray Painter, Detailer, Drummer, Dirt Bike Rider, Honda CRF450R 2007...

Listening to Celtic Frost
kcufasevigohw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600

Daniel
My dad just got a turbo territory and after driving it it makes my XR8 feel like a slug. Even though its about 500kgs heavier and most likely makes less at the wheels its just so much more responsive

Its made me decide that i need to go FI and a KB would be perfect. (only other charger id consider would be the yella tera just for stealth)
Old 16-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #14
kcufasevigohw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_man_luke
My dad just got a turbo territory and after driving it it makes my XR8 feel like a slug. Even though its about 500kgs heavier and most likely makes less at the wheels its just so much more responsive

Its made me decide that i need to go FI and a KB would be perfect. (only other charger id consider would be the yella tera just for stealth)
KB all the way mac

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...geG0S5AM-1.jpg

Alpine Sound System,
20in Zenetti Kaotics,
King Springs,
DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors,
2.5in Cat-Back Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust,
BPR CAI,

My Install-Build Thread.

Spray Painter, Detailer, Drummer, Dirt Bike Rider, Honda CRF450R 2007...

Listening to Celtic Frost
kcufasevigohw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
Yellow Toy
Batteries Not Included

Well big Daddy (Chris & Theo )
looks like more brothers
& sisters. Family is getting bigger.
Good job guys.
John.
Yellow Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Very good piece of information there chris and well done to all who put the effort in with the KB product, but, I miiiight just still stick to the F6 ;)
FORCED F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

Will you ever consider doing a kit for the Windsor 5.0L ?
Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy XR8
Will you ever consider doing a kit for the Windsor 5.0L ?
There are windsor kits availible, we have not as yet fitted any to Australian cars, however some of our clients have.

Anyone wishing to have a kit fitted can contact us directly for an approximate costing.

Be advised however that the windsors have a very small connecting rod bolt, and are not super reliable in anything above a low to moderate boost application.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 27-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #19
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Chris would you say that the rods/bolts are the prominate reliability issue at anything above low to moderate boost and not the std windsor block?

What psi range do you class low to moderate boost?

Would a side mount blower reduce the chance of a bottom end failure with the way they deliver boost compared to the PD setup?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Chris would you say that the rods/bolts are the prominate reliability issue at anything above low to moderate boost and not the std windsor block?

Would a side mount blower reduce the chance of a bottom end failure with the way they deliver boost compared to the PD setup?
Hi Matty, hope you have been keeping well........

The rod bolts are probably in line with the main webbing, between the cam and crank, where we have seen them split in half.

Bottom line, because of the Modular engines outstanding ability to handle supercharged power, people should be certainly not throwing caution to the wind when looking at charging the windsor.

As for side mount blowers, i wouldn't use them, and couldn't comment one way or the other, except they are certainly cheaper, and in that you get what you pay for. I would opt for either e Kenne Bell setup, or an NA setup with a Dart 8.2 block with a 4.125 bore to really get the benefit from the cylinder head setup.

Be good to share a beer with you again at some stage mate.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 27-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #21
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy

Perhaps a MOD-SWAP is in order?

I am very close to someone who would be willing to share some knowledge on fitting a modular to an AU

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post