Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #61
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Howdy all.... I`m from Caboolture. Married with 2 kids and an importer/wholesaler of equipment for different industries. (have something you want to import??)

I`ve had my series111 for 4 1/2 years now and it has treated me very nicely in terms of maintenance and comfort. Travelled all around from Cairns to Bega and will be going to the snow at the end of June so will see how the car goes in the cold.

Thinking about selling it and buying new but its hard to let go _2:

Cheers
Mick

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #62
ozman2004
Starter Motor

Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me a hint on how to shrink photos down to an acceptable size to be able to post? Theres got to be an easy way ( thats what Im hoping anyway). Cheers and thanks.
ozman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #63
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman2004
Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me a hint on how to shrink photos down to an acceptable size to be able to post? Theres got to be an easy way ( thats what Im hoping anyway). Cheers and thanks.
Go here ozman

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20569

Cheers
Mick

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 19-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #64
ozman2004
Starter Motor

Thanks PimpMyHubcap. That should keep me busy for a while. Cheers
ozman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #65
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyHubcap
Howdy all.... I`m from Caboolture. Married with 2 kids and an importer/wholesaler of equipment for different industries. (have something you want to import??)

I`ve had my series111 for 4 1/2 years now and it has treated me very nicely in terms of maintenance and comfort. Travelled all around from Cairns to Bega and will be going to the snow at the end of June so will see how the car goes in the cold.

Thinking about selling it and buying new but its hard to let go _2:

Cheers
Mick
Lol great username
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #66
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL
Lol great username
Thanks FRDGAL :1syellow1

Cheers
Mick

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #67
Unit Ute
BOSS Pilot

Hi, Im Jim 19yo student. I have had my Au Xls for just over a year now. I study photography at uni. Its fair madd. I wakeboard and ride my motorbike, my ute has to be practical as well as looks. Thanks Jim

Manual, DF BIG BOY, Coilovers, BPR CAI, Tune, Rims and much more...

2011 KTM 300 EXC

Previous Rides
05 BA MKII XRT
04 WR250F
06 BF XR6 5 SPD
02 AUIII XLS 5 SPD
Unit Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #68
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Welcome Unit Ute aka Jim to AFF...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #69
ivanhatescars
Starter Motor

Default My name says it all.

Grew up loving all things mechanical,rebuilt plenty of cars and motorbikes before i was 13 and loved it. Left school worked, as a workshop assistant before i managed to become a mechanic for another garage. After 5 yrs. there, left and never wanted to be near cars again,why because the moment manufacturers felt that a car should be designed so that asemberly at the factory and not ease of maintanence took priority,i lost my love of cars although i am looking around for a 2 door xp. Ivan
ivanhatescars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #70
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hi Ivan, welcome to our AU Falcon club. Looks like you've got the model just before they decided to install all the plastic stuff over the engine under the hood (unless it's a Tickford V8). Try some of the older car clubs for someone selling an XP.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #71
merky007
Starter Motor

howdy guys, originally had a commodore VP, i wrote it off when i ran into a mountain, and now the MQ Nissan patrol, which was a hand me down from my dad has finally died, so i went looking, and found an 00 AU II forte sedan with 150ks on the clock for $4000. I'm picking her up on Thursday and guess I'll be seeing how the blue ovals do it . there is no way i could get an equivalent commodore for the same price. (i looked) :P
merky007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #72
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Well you did well merky007 old mate, cos i just sold an 00 AU 1 with 305ks on the clock for $3400. Welcome to fordforums!
Old 15-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #73
merky007
Starter Motor

haha i know . cannot wait til Thursday and i get to pick her up.
merky007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #74
SteveAu
Starter Motor

Im steven, 18 and from the goldcoast. Just got an AUII off my mum when she got a new car,didnt cost me a cent so im not going to complain, and its a good upgrade from my magna that i was driving before i got this. Not planning on doing to much to the AU just maybe tint, exhaust, manual conversion maybe, Rims etc oh but 1st of all sound system Anyways looking forward to to meeting some of yous on the cruises
SteveAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #75
Jimmyd
Banned

Greetings from Tropical Far North Queensland. I have finally given in and bought a Galaxy Blue 128k 1999 AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT with the factory optioned full leather, Tickford 17" wheel/sport suspension, full body kit and MoMo steering wheel/shifter handle - only non genuine option is the window tint.....

I developed a bit of a soft spot for the AUs when they were launched - at that time I was a Service Manager for Ford and was surprised how much better engineered the first of the series AU was compared to the end of series EL - basically ran rings around the EL. Warranty repairs were considerably less than what we were doing for the ELs (and we won't even mention the Taurus(Tornarse) warranty issues, and the Transit Vans(Tradgedy Van), and the Explorers (Exploders) - gee can anyone else see a pattern here?)- I was so impressed with the AUs I ended up taking a holiday from Service Dept and spent 6 months as a Ford Fleet Sales Manger selling them........

I originally went looking for a XR6 VCT - personal opinion, better road manners than the XR8 and with very minor tweeking produce more power/torque.... I stumbled across the Fairmont Ghia VCT and went through the whole "I can't possibly drive a Fairmont Ghia - they are for balding, middle aged execs / accountants - oh, hang on, I AM a balding, middle aged exec/accountant." - but as we all know, if you reallly want something, you talk yourself into it anyway...... So, after getting clearance form the broad of control ("see hon, it's not just a ordinary Taxi Pack Falcon - it's the Fairmont Ghia with full service history, only 128ks, ABS, TCS, SRS, etc., full leather and all these pretty bits, blah, blah, blah...") I finally own a AU.

Good stablemate for the weekend toy - an RS2000 I've had for the last 19 years....

Cheers

James

Last edited by Jimmyd; 18-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #76
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hey guys, welcome to our little AU club.

Steve, nice pickup! Always great to get a free car, eh? And an AU - enjoy it and respect it. They are great cars. Mine gives me minimal fuss every nine months or so.

Hi Jim, nice Fairmont. It's got that Tickford bodykit as well! Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the AU, coming from a ex-Ford service manager. You could be a real help to members here with some questions.

Got any plans for it?

Great photo, looks like a beautiful area.

PS. Love the RS2000, very Bodie and Doyle-ish.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 18-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #77
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Hi Jim, nice Fairmont. It's got that Tickford bodykit as well!
Got any plans for it?
I was surprised to find the Fairmont Ghia VCT with the Tickford options - pretty hard to chisel out of the factory at the time, IIRC the factory were concerned too many people were specing Fairmont Ghias up as luxury pack XR6's - at 54k list with options they just sneaked under the Luxury Car Tax bracket...... I recall seeing one dealer that will not be named badging and flogging one as a TS40 for a ridiculous premium over the list price - so if anyone comes across a refernce to a mythical TS40, that will probably be it.

Gia (yes, I am one of those guys who names his cars, so shoot me...) started life as a Ford Corporate car. She was built, complianced and registered in Vic in Oct 99, shipped out to a dealer in Townsville in early 01 with 40ks on the clock where a local lass promplty snaffled it for school shuttle duties. I picked her up (the car, not the lass...) two weeks ago with 127ks on the clock - still go for a walk from the office every hour or so just to look at her in the car park (again, the car, not the lass).

At this point the only mods I am considering are

1. XR8 snorkel - does actually make a performance/economy difference and looks stock,

2. Cat back exhaust (when I get sick of riding in a cocoon of silence), and

3.tap an ipod connection into the CD changer harness (hey, I'm only 41, not dead); I've done this mod for a few other vehicles, but trying to get the pinouts for the AU1 Premium system is proving problematic, guess it will be a fun weekend stripping down the CD changer to work it out for myself and before you ask - I LIKE the factory Premium system and IMHO anything else stuck in the curvy double din dash just looks odd.

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the AU, coming from a ex-Ford service manager. You could be a real help to members here with some questions.
I'll be happpy to help where I can - thas what its all about isn't it...

Quote:
PS. Love the RS2000, very Bodie and Doyle-ish.
The RS2000 is, and always will be, the love of my life (he says in the quiet confidence that the broad of control will NEVER see this post....)

Cheers

James
Old 18-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #78
SteveAu
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hey guys, welcome to our little AU club.

Steve, nice pickup! Always great to get a free car, eh? And an AU - enjoy it and respect it. They are great cars. Mine gives me minimal fuss every nine months or so.
yeah its not everyday you pick anything up for free, let alone a car haha
yeah dw i will respect it
so being new to owning an AU what are some mods i should look into doing?
SteveAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #79
Dauphin
Irregular member

Jim, interesting to know that the TS40 was actually being sold by a dealer! Did it have any custom TS40 badges on it? I haven't named my car, but I have called it Bargearse some times. The XR8 snorkel does look completely stock and I have one of them also. I plan to make an aux. intake onto the box soon.

Steve, the most common first things that people do with the AU are to fit a 2.5" sports exhaust, with optional high-flow cat and sports extractors. People are now looking at a 3" exhaust system and removing extra mufflers for more noise, but watch out for resulting in-cabin drone with the sixes.

Drop a high-flow air intake filter into the air box also, in place of the standard paper disposable one.

A nice set of wheels (minimum of 19" these days) tend to work well on the large round AU shape and you can get a range of different aftermarket bodykits for it (see eBay).

Old 19-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #80
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Jim, interesting to know that the TS40 was actually being sold by a dealer! Did it have any custom TS40 badges on it?
Yep, even badged as TS40 - script looked spot on so I assume they got a set of TS50 decals and got a sign writer to modify. Scary how much they were charging too.......
Old 20-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #81
jrh001

Smile Hello from Wheelers Hill

Hi,

Great forum! Found answers to my questions (sticky d/s window, centre console globe replacement, rough idle, radio removal) without having to post. Thanks to all the previous contributors.

My car: AU series III, stock standard, no mods (175000 km).
My other car: 1983 Datsun/Nissan Skyline, stock standard, no mods (245000 km).

cheers,

JohnH
jrh001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #82
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Hey fellas! must say i am happy with the site already. found out some very usefull stuff. love lcd screen diagnostic mode!

anyway i got a fairly standard au II XR6 ute for now. when it's paid off i'll be able to make it more 'custom'

here's the link to my ute

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019

Last edited by LANKY 1; 02-07-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: link didn't work
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #83
Dauphin
Irregular member

hi John and Lanky, happy to know that our resources here have been beneficial. Some things can cost a bit of money to get done at the dealer or a mechanic. Some things you can do yourself and learn as you go, so it's great to be able to provide them.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #84
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

hey all how ya doin?
new to au falcon. use to own a ba xr6 now the proud owner of an auII xr8 ute
Old 05-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #85
stevecro
Starter Motor

Hi, I'm Steve.
I just yesterday bought a low kilometre AU2 XLS manual ute and am hoping for many years of good service.
The company I bought it from is part of a car complex that has done a deal with IMPCO to fit LPG for only the $2,000 gov. rebate cost (no cost to new owner). So I pick it up for the agreed purchase price next weekend with a newly fitted LPG installation to make it a dual fueler. That was a pleasant surprise!
stevecro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #86
aufreddy

Hi every one my name is Freddy I live in Singleton nsw. I just turned 50 so Im quite a bit older than most of u guys and thanks to Ford Forums for the birthday wishes!! I have 2 boys 22 and 18 and have still managed to stay married! Am still a petrol head and have an Au2 xr8 ute,luv it!!!!!!! A big gday to u Dauphine old buddy hows things? Talk to u later,hope all u guys enjoy your membership and I know you will get alot out of this forum. Bye AuFreddy
aufreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #87
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufreddy
Hi every one my name is Freddy I live in Singleton nsw. I just turned 50 so Im quite a bit older than most of u guys and thanks to Ford Forums for the birthday wishes!! I have 2 boys 22 and 18 and have still managed to stay married! Am still a petrol head and have an Au2 xr8 ute,luv it!!!!!!! A big gday to u Dauphine old buddy hows things? Talk to u later,hope all u guys enjoy your membership and I know you will get alot out of this forum. Bye AuFreddy
Nah your not we carn't let the yung uns have all the fun So welcome aboard :thebirds:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #88
Dauphin
Irregular member

Welcome to new members.

Hi Damoz, nice to hear you ditched a B series for an AU! Usually it's the other way around these days.

Steve, great pickup with gas included! You must be happy about that.

Freddie, good to see you found this thread and said hello. Things are alright, went on an aufalcon.com cruise on the weekend that was fun (but a bit cold and wet).

Old 18-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #89
fairmontau3
Starter Motor

im Quentin sometimes known as "the Q"
19, currently located in Wodonga, Moving back to sydney in late november
im yet to create an aufalcon.com membership, but its on my list!
im a mechanic with Australias travelling circus
driving a liquid silver auIIIfairmont. only mod is auIII xr8 wheels, and they only happened because they were a bargain at $550 with new tires, and i needed new tires....really badly.
i love AUs for what they are, low cost comfortable motoring
i was a holden man all my life, until i saw that AUs were almost half the price of similar holdens, and much nicer to live with. i took the plunge and bought it, havent looked back.
long live the AU!
fairmontau3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #90
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

Wow, a 19 year old who not only can spell, but is articulate. There is hope!

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post