Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default V8 Conversion issues ... Photos needed

Hi all,

For those not aware I am currently converting my AU III Wagon to V8 along with a fairlane Ghia Interior and Manual transmission.

I have finally made it to the point of fitting the motor/gearbox today and have come across a couple of issues.

Firstly, I can't remember how the throttle cable and Cruise control cable a routed in the engine bay?? My memory failed here and I can't find any photos that show it well.

Secondly, I have found that the connector for the alternator is not the same. I haven't changed the drivers side loom/fuse box. Should I have or can I get away without doing this.

Thirdly, Another miss-matching plug? I think this one I can get around. But all of the vacuum lines on the passenger side of the engine bay I again can't remember how the run. So again if any one has a good photos of these that would be much appreciated.

Fourthly, When the engine and gearbox were bolted together I went to mount the gearbox cross-member only to find the entire motor/gearbox was out of line at the point of the cross-member by approx 2.5cm! Now this required a fair amount of force to rectify. I was wondering if this could be due to the engine mounts having re-moulded slightly after sitting stationery for 18+ months??

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post