Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

Default Running Speedo off ABS ?

I've done a search with no luck.

I'm trying to run my speedo off the ABS sensor's using jaycar speedo corrector's but am having no luck,
does anyone know how and/or where i am supposed to run the input to the speedo corrector's from the ABS.

Any help will be much appreciated

Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: Running Speedo off ABS ?

Hi. An AU should run the speedo from the gearbox/transmission. You wont get a high enough level of pulse and it will also become too fast over 60k. Might be able to try an old school cruise control pickup on the tailshaft. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
AU Mont
Banned

first, would be to find an AU cluster pinout diagram on FordForums. Next option would be on FordMods.

1.You want to cut the speedo input wire going to the cluster, then connect the jaycar input wire to the gearbox side.

2.Then join the cluster side of the speedo input wire to the jaycar output wire, thereby intercepting & modifying the speedo signal.

For auto's, you have to also cut the output speedo wire coming from the cluster and join the loom side of it into the connection made in step 1. This lets the ECU read the original signal before its been modified so gearbox changes remain the same.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
6onb00st

wrong thread
Old 25-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

The reason i'm trying to run off the ABS is because i upgraded the gearbox to a T56 and it doesn't have a speedo output and i've heard that it's been done before, was hoping someone knew how it was done.

I'm also of the understanding that BA's and on run the speedo off the ABS
Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post