Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
imbhvn

Default Need help please au fairmont conversion

Okay so ive been doing my au fairmont conversion the past two days and its been doing my head in.

I plugged everything to where it goes etc, am yet to get my bcm reprogrammed.

This is whats happening

No windows work (front or rear) (front passenger switch lights up thats all)
No stereo, Will light up and get power when i press door lock on dash but only for a second.
No indicators only hazards
The lights in the door trims dont work (globes are fine)
Interior light doesnt turn on when drivers door is opened
Drivers electric seat doesn't work.

I had a look at the drivers side door plugs that plug into the main loom, and it seems that all the wires are back to front, eg thick wires are running into thin wires visa versa. Is there a difference between series 1 2 and 3 door looms? as that would eliminate a majority of my issues, i have tomorrow to get everything working or i have no way to and from work!

All help GREATLY appreciated! Thank-you in advance!

Tim.

imbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Default Re: Need help please au fairmont conversion

What series and badge is your car and what series is the dash from? iv done AU2 Fairmont ghia into AU3 forte... Did you have 4 power windows before? I could drive my car to ford with the forte Bem plugged into the fairmont dash but a few things didn't work, like interor lights and windscreen washers...

Did you replace the H loom aswell? My old drivers door loom only had 1 plug. into the dash but the new one had 1 into the dash + 1 into the H loom. iv got one I can take a photo of if it would help? its AU 1 with 4 power windows but no lights

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6

Last edited by fourl6; 10-06-2012 at 09:15 PM.
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
imbhvn

my car is series 3 sr wagon i removed the h loom from a series 2/3 fairmont wagon and the door looms from seperate cars so im thinking i may have gotten a series 1 drivers loom, are they different in any way? eg wires are in opposite spots of the plugs. the dash and bcm came out of a series 2 fairlane. what would cause the indicators to not work?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
imbhvn

i only had front electric windows, im driving my car with the original bcm with no dash lights etc
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbhvn
i only had front electric windows, im driving my car with the original bcm with no dash lights etc
No dash lights is because of the wrong bem...

Does your drivers door loom have 2 plugs near fuse box?

Was

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Majority of the functions you have list above as not working are related to the BEM. You are doing a low series Vs high series.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #7
imbhvn

All of the above remain the same apart from the dash light with the high series bcm, my drivers door has 2 plugs but the wires seem to be around the wrong way? which leads me to think its out of a series 1?
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I am not able to help much but I have been getting my car ready for the exact same conversion. I am fitting a series 2 fairlane dash (2001), along with all matching door looms to my series 3 wagon (2002). Now the floor loom didn't match up being a forte so I managed to get a series 2 fairmont wagon loom new from ford. All the pins and plugs on all 4 doors match perfectly. I can get a photo of these connections tomorrow. Only wiring the fairmont H loom doesn't have is the rear wiper and electric drivers seat. Unfortunately I can't help more yet as mine is not finished yet (still lacks an interior, dash, motor and gearbox :/). The rest of your problems sound more like the BEM is the cause as others have said. Get that sorted and with some luck your problems shall be gone.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build

Last edited by bartsau; 11-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
imbhvn

Got the correct drivers side door loom today i have power to the window switchs now, so thats a plus, hopefully get the bem programed tomorrow and see what im left with conversion is all complete though and i can still drive the car around so not stressing to much.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbhvn
Got the correct drivers side door loom today i have power to the window switchs now, so thats a plus, hopefully get the bem programed tomorrow and see what im left with conversion is all complete though and i can still drive the car around so not stressing to much.
Great to hear, its a pretty easy conversion isn't it, time consuming but pretty straight forward... i thought the hardest part was getting the old hoses off to heaterbox. getting the bem re programmed and a/c regassed is also a pain but that doesn't have to be done straight away.

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
imbhvn

I didn't have to change heaterbox, i modded the low series one to take the fairmont stuff, pretty straight forward, all the marking are already on the box where to cut/drill etc other than that straight forward
Old 16-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
imbhvn

omay i had the bem programmed still have no indicators no windows no radio etc only thing ive gained is clustee lights.... help please?
Old 16-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
imbhvn

Just had it plugged upto the computer again, if i turn the relay on with the computer then the windows and seat hazards washer bottle etc work, its got me stumped :(
Old 16-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #14
imbhvn

Never mind guys i fixed it all was faulty fuses and a bung flasher can