Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #61
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Falcon 99
at least its being consistant........
Only at that bloody intersection on the highway...

Drove around Mount Panorama last night and not 1 singe glitch...

Anyone know what sort of thermostat is needed for LPG?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #62
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Thermostat wise, i've been told to just get the hottest one out there... 92degC...

Talked to LPG guy... hopeless...

Want to replace the Stepper Motor as once previously discussed... been qouted $400 from Ford... and the LPG guy claims that with factory Dual Fuel, only the genuine Ford part works.... can anyone clarify this or offer other advice/info...
Old 08-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #63
Robe

Blueprint,

My dual fuel wagon was tending to stagger and sometimes stall just about every time we got to this one particular corner - for no good reason.

Probably something to do will rolling down a slight drop and then turning left up hill.

My AU is an auto but now I change down just before that corner and I think that the slightly higher revs are doing the trick.

Bog standard silver BF Wagon, except for the Elvis doll , on gas.

Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Association
www.VRRDA.com.au

2015 Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance State Championships
23 May 2015, Furlan Club, Thornbury
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #64
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe
Blueprint,

My dual fuel wagon was tending to stagger and sometimes stall just about every time we got to this one particular corner - for no good reason.

Probably something to do will rolling down a slight drop and then turning left up hill.

My AU is an auto but now I change down just before that corner and I think that the slightly higher revs are doing the trick.
Mine is basically the same sort of issues... but even sitting with revs up doesnt help...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #65
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Could it be something to do with the pick up or the float inside the tank?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #66
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Could it be something to do with the pick up or the float inside the tank?
Not that i'm aware of... if that was an issue, then i shouldn't have been able to drive around Mount Panorama last night with no issue's...
Old 13-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #67
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Cleaned ISC motor... stalled again today... seems to be when the nose is in a decline... stepper motor?
Old 13-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #68
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is the idle mixture set properly? i know on mine before i set it up properly it would stall coming to a stop going down hill nearly all the time. i don't know what sort of adjustments impco converters have got, but omvl's have got an idle screw and a sensitivity screw, if it has both, then try turning the sensitivity one in until you hear the engine start labouring, then open the idle one out until it revs back up and sounds like it's idling normally, then see how that goes
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #69
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
is the idle mixture set properly? i know on mine before i set it up properly it would stall coming to a stop going down hill nearly all the time. i don't know what sort of adjustments impco converters have got, but omvl's have got an idle screw and a sensitivity screw, if it has both, then try turning the sensitivity one in until you hear the engine start labouring, then open the idle one out until it revs back up and sounds like it's idling normally, then see how that goes
Cheers mate... i'll have to give it a go... you'd think an LPG installer could have gotten it right... but no...
Old 15-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #70
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

About time i re-opened this... by simply saying... "it still aint going" :(
Old 15-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #71
T-Pak Addict
Jim

I adjusted my idle screw on mine so it still idles with the ISC disconnected. It idles just about 100 rpm lower (500-600RPM) and reconnected my ISC, doesnt do that drop the revs to 200 thing and just about stall anymore

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #72
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
I adjusted my idle screw on mine so it still idles with the ISC disconnected. It idles just about 100 rpm lower (500-600RPM) and reconnected my ISC, doesnt do that drop the revs to 200 thing and just about stall anymore
I've had the mixture screws fiddled with many times in order to get it right... no luck... still want to replace the stepper motor though... just need to find someone who wants to sell one to me :P
Old 15-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #73
T-Pak Addict
Jim

idle screw on the throttle body not the convertor

Old 16-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #74
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
idle screw on the throttle body not the convertor
I have no idea what to do with that one... :togo:
Old 16-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #75
T-Pak Addict
Jim

on the throttle body where the linkage is for the accerator cable you should see a screw that you can adjust base idle for the ISC using a .75 feeler gauge. Screw this in a few turns so the car will idle without the ISC connected. (warm it up first tho). and set it to idle approx 500 to 600 rpm without the isc connected. replug in the ISC and revs should jump to approx 750 rpm. your done.

You might have to take off the plastic tube that sits on the inlet manifold to the throttle body to get it loosened properly cos they have this crap on it from the factory. trick here it to back it off first and get rid of this crap before you screw it in.

when replacing the plastic bit on the manifold put some Sensor safe silicon around the t/boddy so you get a good seal as well.

Old 16-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #76
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
on the throttle body where the linkage is for the accerator cable you should see a screw that you can adjust base idle for the ISC using a .75 feeler gauge. Screw this in a few turns so the car will idle without the ISC connected. (warm it up first tho). and set it to idle approx 500 to 600 rpm without the isc connected. replug in the ISC and revs should jump to approx 750 rpm. your done.

You might have to take off the plastic tube that sits on the inlet manifold to the throttle body to get it loosened properly cos they have this crap on it from the factory. trick here it to back it off first and get rid of this crap before you screw it in.

when replacing the plastic bit on the manifold put some Sensor safe silicon around the t/boddy so you get a good seal as well.
Um... ok... I'll pass on that... i wont go near the throttle body with anything more than some carby cleaner... and want to replace other parts that are actually connected to the LPG system first... as i cannot honestly see how adjusting the throttle body ISC will fix my LPG issue... :togo:
Old 16-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #77
T-Pak Addict
Jim

it will stop it stalling when you do a sudden decelleration. isnt that what you trying to fix???

Old 16-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #78
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
it will stop it stalling when you do a sudden decelleration. isnt that what you trying to fix???
Its not only upon decelleration, but sudden accelleration... hence why i thought it was something to do with the LPG Stepper Motor...
Old 16-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #79
T-Pak Addict
Jim

here you go just took a pic

Old 16-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #80
Night

I was talking to the guy that did my install the other day cause mine has a bit of a starting issue and he was telling me there is some crappy gas getting around. He showed me a converter that he stripped and there was this black sludge like crap inside. Might not be anything to do with yours but thought I'd share it with you.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #81
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night
I was talking to the guy that did my install the other day cause mine has a bit of a starting issue and he was telling me there is some crappy gas getting around. He showed me a converter that he stripped and there was this black sludge like crap inside. Might not be anything to do with yours but thought I'd share it with you.
I've heard about that... Shell in Vic is sending out garbage LPG atm... but this problem pre-dates these claims...