Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #61
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

contact you tomorrow
Old 18-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #62
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
contact you tomorrow
no worries mate, you have my number......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #63
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

tell us good news tomorrow standardau.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #64
markxr6t

Geez - Jim. I don't think I've ever seen so many people worship a late model car! Well deserved and very unique - its a beautiful combo of show and go.

Given StandardAU's criteria I think this is the car for him!

Good luck with it!
markxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #65
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
that's cool, most people are just really surprised to hear I've never been pulled up! lol

Yeah, it's sinking in I don't have much time left to enjoy her.....
Damn cant believe its going mate, your car has so much pedigree and heritage amongst us T Series boys. Im sure you will be sad to see her maybe go.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #66
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Damn cant believe its going mate, your car has so much pedigree and heritage amongst us T Series boys. Im sure you will be sad to see her maybe go.
Thanks mate, it's been great fun and a real pleasure to share it with everyone.

I'm just a little overwhelmed that everyone seems to love it as much as they do and I will be very sad when she does go- not a doubt in my mind that I will choke back the lump in my throat and shed a tear.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 20-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #67
HLC
Audi S3

so its official??? its goooonnnnnneeeee?????
Old 20-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #68
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think standard AU better change his name :-D
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #69
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
so its official??? its goooonnnnnneeeee?????
It may be going but it wouldn't be my place to say where- I have had quite a few people look at the car in the last few days and unfortunately I have had to make a first in-type decision as to who I will hold it for.......

so no, it's not official- that is, it hasn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
goooonnnnnneeeee?????
I know I won't have it much longer though.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 20-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #70
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Damn. Such a nice car. Hopefully the next owner will care for it as much as you Jim.

Ive always loved the T3 since I first saw one. Maybe me have a chubby in my teenage pants...im sure you can all remember how it goes. Always been a car Id love to own....maybe one day. Id buy one over a B-series anyday. So much more charachter. B-series are B-oring now. See them on the road everyday. How many T's do you see driving around?
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #71
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

hmmm, i wonder if standardau will reveal??? :P

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #72
Cam
Stroking it...

**sits and waits**
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #73
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

ummmm, so aah, yeah i um, own a Blue T3 now...

And i'm F@$king EXCITED! More than Big Kev!

a BIG thankyou to Jamie (Jimt3Te50) for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime, and the car of many a dream!!

Bloody hell, how does one go from opening up a thread on monday to being the proud owner of a T3 by thursday night?!?!?! Now just sit back and nervously wait for the truck to arrive!
Old 21-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #74
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:

a BIG thankyou to Jamie (Jimt3Te50) for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime, and the car of many a dream!!

Bloody hell, how does one go from opening up a thread on monday to being the proud owner of a T3 by thursday night?!?!?! Now just sit back and nervously wait for the truck to arrive!
I guess I can only look at it as passing the torch- I am excited for you Stevo, I remember what it was like waiting for this car to arrive when I ordered it and how it killed me waiting to get behind the wheel after the engine was done.

I said to the missus tonight that I genuinely hope the car exceeds all your expectations- there's no question that it has soul and you will hopefully enjoy it for what it is. It's not a show car- it was never meant to be, it is just a simply awesome package and you will continue to enjoy the way others admire it the way they will and the way it will make you feel from owning a truly unique, amazing motorcar. It has been the product of my dreams and will continue to surprise people beyond your belief- believe me. This thing goes hard, it looks tough and sounds unbelievable. I sincerely hope it gives you the pleasure and the reliability that it has proven to give me time and time again over the years. I can say with confidence that the car is just right, I never would have sold it til it was- as it gets cooler you will only enjoy it even more!

I must thank you again Stevo- it has been a pleasure mate, and I look forward to seeing some instalments/threads whatever you do with this machine. I genuinely hope your young family enjoy this pleasure with you- I know my own son will dearly miss the "bloo car"- he is starting to recognise words in writing and always points to the TE50 badge and says Tyler, I've always called it Tyler's car and I'm saddest over this as I would have loved to have this to hand down. I took delivery not even a week after starting to go out with my missus so everything in our lives together to this day , the car has been a part of.

It's a new chapter in our lives now- the car will not be replaced, it CANNOT be replaced. You look after her mate and she'll be good to you. You enjoy it and more importantly, the times with your loved ones which I am proud to say my car will now be a part of.

These are the cars that will be remembered and this is one that will be remembered.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 21-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #75
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

All great ideas to spend big money but with a new baby on the way time and money are going to be hard to find. Buying a nice new car is an expensive option. Doing up the old one is probably a good hobby that won't cost too much but remember any money you do spend on it is lost too as the resale of modded cars is not great.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #76
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

This car is beautiful...
IMO This is the Best AU ever in the whole world!!
One lucky man
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #77
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:

Sweet, you listened to all of us lol. New (to you) and modded what more could you ask for.

I think it's time for a username change.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #78
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Well done that is just insane congrats to you.
Old 21-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #79
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A big congrats to you stevo! I just know your gonna love the car, it is truly one of the nicest t-series on this forum
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #80
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
I guess I can only look at it as passing the torch- I am excited for you Stevo, I remember what it was like waiting for this car to arrive when I ordered it and how it killed me waiting to get behind the wheel after the engine was done.

I said to the missus tonight that I genuinely hope the car exceeds all your expectations- there's no question that it has soul and you will hopefully enjoy it for what it is. It's not a show car- it was never meant to be, it is just a simply awesome package and you will continue to enjoy the way others admire it the way they will and the way it will make you feel from owning a truly unique, amazing motorcar. It has been the product of my dreams and will continue to surprise people beyond your belief- believe me. This thing goes hard, it looks tough and sounds unbelievable. I sincerely hope it gives you the pleasure and the reliability that it has proven to give me time and time again over the years. I can say with confidence that the car is just right, I never would have sold it til it was- as it gets cooler you will only enjoy it even more!

I must thank you again Stevo- it has been a pleasure mate, and I look forward to seeing some instalments/threads whatever you do with this machine. I genuinely hope your young family enjoy this pleasure with you- I know my own son will dearly miss the "bloo car"- he is starting to recognise words in writing and always points to the TE50 badge and says Tyler, I've always called it Tyler's car and I'm saddest over this as I would have loved to have this to hand down. I took delivery not even a week after starting to go out with my missus so everything in our lives together to this day , the car has been a part of.

It's a new chapter in our lives now- the car will not be replaced, it CANNOT be replaced. You look after her mate and she'll be good to you. You enjoy it and more importantly, the times with your loved ones which I am proud to say my car will now be a part of.

These are the cars that will be remembered and this is one that will be remembered.
Well said Jamie, sounds as though you have made the right decision to sell her. This undoubtably is the pinnacle of T Series cars and is looked up to by many owners of such cars (me included but still .6 of a Litre short : )
Stevo i hope that this car has brings you as much joy as it has Jaime and im sure it will not dissapoint Welcome to the T Series family, btw Jaime you are made an honourary member : and we look forward to following the future of this awesome car
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #81
blueoval
Critical Thinker

this is such great news stevo, man im so happy for ya mate. what an awesome vehicle your getting. such a lucky mofo. dam this awesome. your not gonna be able to wipe that smile off for months. good luck with it bro

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #82
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent83
It is truly THE nicest t-series on this forum
Fixed!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #83
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

cheers everyone, and yeah i certainly cant wait for the truck to come! HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!
Old 24-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #84
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
cheers everyone, and yeah i certainly cant wait for the truck to come! HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!
Stevo, just finishing typing you up an instruction manual on her lurks and perks, unqiue featues, specs and part numbers, photos etc etc. and bought a new clay bar and will give her a full detail this arvo and maybe tomorrow night. Can hopefully arrange transport for maybe Wednesday/Thursday- either way, hoping you can have her for next weekend.

Hope that's ok with you mate, I know you'd like it sooner, but I don't want you getting it and it not looking or feeling brand new to you! You are going to love it! I hope you are geting some cool nights up there at the moment mate.... ;)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #85
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Its worth the wait Stevo. Let Jamie work his magic on getting the car right and looking pristine.

I just hope the transport companies do the right thing and deliver this work of art unmarked.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 24-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #86
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Wow

Congrats on the new car

Definately my fav car on the forums. What an insane Easter for you!

Just as well the missus was fine with it aye? See.. The T3 CAN pull chicks

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 03:43 AM   #87
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

yes this is certainly the best easter i have ever had! Detail or no detail, when i park it next to the forte its gonna look brand new!! haha!! now i gotta clean the old girl i spose and throw her on the corner for sale. does anyone have a spare rear tail light globe holder (brake) they need to get rid of? my wreckers dont have any AU's and i no longer have a Ford dealer in town. current one has crakced and wont hold the globe anymore.