Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
AussieG62013

Default Mondeo MD Paint Quality From Factory

Just wanting to know from other MD owners out there on the paint quality from factory I have been getting my MD detailed even thou the detailer has removed the swirl marks out of my paint and made it feel really nice but one thing remaind a slitly rough feel to the paint and it's almost all over the car mainly the top portion could this be a crappy factory paint job from Ford ?
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
DougalXR6

Default Re: Mondeo MD Paint Quality From Factory

The paint finish on my 2015 Trend still looks very good after five years.
I've always thought that the Mondeo paint is a higher quality than the Australian built AUII, BA and FG Falcons I owned previously. It certainly has far fewer stone chips than any of the Falcons ever had.
I will add that the Mondeo has been garaged all its life and as I am retired it doesn't get used every day and when it does it is very rarely parked outside all day.
I've polished it once a year however in the last year I've only applied Turtle Wax Seal and Shine every six months. It certainly makes the ruby red look like new apart from the stone chips and seems to last five to six months.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine has a few swirl marks but I haven't always washed it myself. I did however arrange to have it coated with Ceramic Pro paint protection almost as soon as I got it. On the whole I think it is very good, and like Dougal said, I've also had far fewer stone chips (none, in fact) than any Falcon I've had.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
AussieG62013

My detailer was back today he had a newer claybar that he was recomended to use on my Mondeo MD and it came up a treat silky smooth and glossy just the way I like it.

We were thinking that the paint job from the factory might have been not so good.

Sigh of relief now.

Pearl White paint is popping and in the sun blinding.
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: