Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #31
tickfrd6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF-640
Alright then, i was thinking of getting some nexens
yeh ive heard some good things about the nexens to. Thats what tyres came with the 19" pakage for $2000. Did you end up finding out what brand tyres ttf were offering you in that $1850 pakage?

Quote:
now im back on rims, people keep convincing me to get some (although my parents arnt on my side coz they think its over the top lol)
haha yeh my parents are exactly the same they think its a waste of money but i just say it will make my car look heaps better with new rims

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
tickfrd6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
TUF-640

umm from memory i think they are aus tyre brand, my mate's wheel package they did on his vn had those on them but im not sure how good they are quality wise. As you can probley tell i have no idea about this stuff lol all i know its prices

haha yeah i said to my dad that theres nothing wrong with the design of the tickfords, they're just way too small lol

Project: 2001 AU II Fairmont Silhouette | Optioned 17" Tickford wheels + Sports suspension | Tint

Weekender: 1989 NA II Fairlane - Rosewood | Standard (with functioning SLS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

Just remember gents, anyone can follow fashion, but it takes someone with real class and finesse to have Style.
TUF-640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #33
TUF-640

found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-235...item53e0e91f79

and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/235-45-17-NEX...item3a5a58a35b

but i cant seem to work out what the difference between the N3000 and N5000 is?

think i should just keep the car as it is, mates said it looks 'tough as' driving down the street so i guess its good enough haha
unless ttf still stock/can find me a set of BF GTP 19s but i doubt it (a shame because i always wanted to get some since they came out)
arhh this is all driving me crazy, i find a new set of wheels every two seconds but keep swaping back and forward lol i know if i spend the money it will look insane but then i dont wanna look back when im older and think damn i need that money

Project: 2001 AU II Fairmont Silhouette | Optioned 17" Tickford wheels + Sports suspension | Tint

Quote:

Just remember gents, anyone can follow fashion, but it takes someone with real class and finesse to have Style.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #34
HLC
Audi S3

those 90 dollar jobbies might be alright lol depends how long they last lol i dont get 12 months out of tyres haha
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #35
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i think my issue is mostly the rim offset, in my case a wheel spacer might be the go, i don`t really know what my wheels originally came off, i reckon the wheel bloke would have the details on the correct offset and maximum tyre width for you, maybe borrow a wheel or 2 like you intend to put on from somewhere and look at your clearance`s, you may not have to alter anything.

come on Azza show us your wheels.
I just realised i haven't got any pics of my car since it was lowered and had wheels fitted. Toomorow i will take some pics and compare before and afters.

AZZA
Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #36
TUF-640

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
those 90 dollar jobbies might be alright lol depends how long they last lol i dont get 12 months out of tyres haha
ye thats what i thought but $90 sounds a bit cheap for nexen tyres, plus i figured the higher the number the better the tyre (n5000 as opposed to n3000) which im willing to pay the extra $25 for

lol these tyres have actually lasted me a fair while, maybe your shoes are just a bit too heavy like mine ;)

Quote:

Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #37
TUF-640

well went down to ttf again for the 20th time (they probley hate me by now lol) told him ive decided to go against the 19s so now i need tyres. Quoted me $125 for the nexen n3000's fitted balanced everything, told me kumhos are $155 and some other brand (japanese i think they are) sumitomo which he tells me are 'the best at their price' which is $189. But i forgot if any of the tyres were the type that can be rotated from opposites (think only the jap ones would be).
Then as i was walking out hes like 'ye we still got heaps of those dark agents there, all three colours what ever you want' n im like 'hmmm how much with nexens?' said he can do it for $1700 which sounds insane but i think im still just keeping it on 17s, might get a new set of wheels next time the tyres are due for replacing (plus i'll be working alot more as i will have finished school) but i was thinking about getting the front super lows put in coz i think its long due for some new front shocks to match the rears but i told them i'll work it all out when i bring it in saturday morning at 8am. I'll post a pic of it with new rubber, even though its not a mod to the car it'll be good for me to see tyres that actually have more than 1mm of tread to the indicators :P

Quote:

Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #38
TUF-640

Update:
well basically i couldn't help myself and i bought these 2nd hand for cheap as with 90% tread Only bad thing is that they slightly camber warn on the inner edges, i think it'll last but the tyre shop guy said i would get a bit of them but then they would b 'f*cked' plus they zeetex tyres which aren't the best and it sounds like a bus when im slowing down (damn noicey tyres lol i want my dunlops back)

Just after i got them home

Got them fitted at ttf coz i couldnt get the front wheel nuts off (plus turns out the wheel nuts that came with the car for the tickfords were too long) so i got new shorter ones and new lock nuts

How it sits with tickfords in the boot and back seat haha

And a bit of a glamour shot at eastern beach

Yes i am aware that the car is filthy but its all good, cleaned it after these pics
And surprisingly it sits at a good height so im going to leave it with the tickfords in the front and super lows in the back

Quote:

Old 09-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #39
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Those wheels suit the car nicely. Only way to combat noisey tyres is to turn stereo up.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #40
TUF-640

very true, just bought a new louder stereo so once i put that in the tyre problem is fixed :P

Quote:

Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #41
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks nice on your limo, you have picked well.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #42
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like that look, machined lip, slightly ski boated and black centre's. I will post up mine once i clean the flamin thing.

AZZA
Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #43
HLC
Audi S3

mate looks really good!!!!! well done!
Old 16-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #44
tickfrd6

Great decision on the rims mate. The best thing about them is that they arnt over the top rims and they still make the car look 1000000x better. Good choice.

Matt

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
Old 17-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #45
TUF-640

thanks matt, had a few comments of them (a mates mum said they 'look good anth, really set the car off' haha didnt expect that from her) but alot of people seem to think they're only 19's because of the dished lip which doesnt really bother me because it sort of balances out and (like you side) doesnt make it 'over the top'

As for ride quality and all that, i did notice the difference the second i drove out of ttf but now im use to it just on a few speed bumps here and there its some what rougher but i dont know what everyone's hype about the ride on 20s is, when you've driven the car on 17s its whole life its not that much worse haha.
Only problem i've really found so far is the fact that 225s dont cover the lip of the wheel what so ever so i smashed it into a bluestone gutter not thinking i was so close :( painful but it was only about a 10mm scratch right on the edge and it just adds to all the other graises on them lol (plus it was about an hour before i got a wheel alignment :P)

post up a few pics of your car matt once it gets some new shoes, i'll be interested to see how it comes up

Quote:

Old 17-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #46
tickfrd6

I just read your post further up again.. Did he say $1700... That is a steal!!! Looks like I'll have to come down to Geelong to buy my set. I've been to atleast 4 wheels shops and none have been under $1900.

Look out for me in Geelong around June July cause as soon as I get my tax return I'm coming to get the wheels ahha

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
Old 17-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #47
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want 20's now, anyone want my Cheetah's, 18x8 machined lip mesh black, 235's and 245's all only 9 months old.

AZZA
Old 17-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #48
TUF-640

Matt - ye at first hes like '1650 man' im like WTF! then he did some calculations and said 1700 which is still an awesome deal, i did have to check twice myself :P but im not sure if thats because i was sort of a regular there at the time (having got work done there before) and i guess he wanted me to buy them (just being a business man wanting a sale) so he was prepared to drop the price. But you would have to have a chat with him to check if the 1850 normal price he gives to everyone includes better than nexen tyres. My mate (who paid 1850 on his commodore) was given achilles tyres and he said they're pretty good as they are a mid range tyre and have no road noise (as opposed to my damn zeetex lol) but give him a call to confirm prices (most likely best to do it at a closer date) and drop us a pm when ever you plan on coming down ill pop in if im free

azza11 - Do it needs to be more au's on 20s haha but be warned about the whole 'stretched' 225/35 tyres as the gutters will start to hate you. Not sure if 245/30s would do the trick to make the tyres look flush with the rim but i dont really want to run a thinner profile tyre than its already got

Quote:

Old 17-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #49
TUF-640

Matt - ye at first hes like '1650 man' im like WTF! then he did some calculations and said 1700 which is still an awesome deal, i did have to check twice myself :P but im not sure if thats because i was sort of a regular there at the time (having got work done there before) and i guess he wanted me to buy them (just being a business man wanting a sale) so he was prepared to drop the price. But you would have to have a chat with him to check if the 1850 normal price he gives to everyone includes better than nexen tyres. My mate (who paid 1850 on his commodore) was given achilles tyres and he said they're pretty good as they are a mid range tyre and have no road noise (as opposed to my damn zeetex lol) but give him a call to confirm prices (most likely best to do it at a closer date) and drop us a pm when ever you plan on coming down ill pop in if im free

azza11 - Do it needs to be more au's on 20s haha but be warned about the whole 'stretched' 225/35 tyres as the gutters will start to hate you. Not sure if 245/30s would do the trick to make the tyres look flush with the rim but i dont really want to run a thinner profile tyre than its already got

Quote:

Old 18-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #50
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no issues with the the tyres i have now but going up another 2"s might need guard rolling. I wouldn't run anything less than a 235 on the front. maybe 265's on rear.

AZZA
Old 22-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #51
tickfrd6

I got a quite from a place called wheels 2 u and they quoted me $1650 for 19" dark argents and black cobra wheels. That's with tyres too. So I'll be going through them to get my wheels very very soooon!!!

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
Old 25-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #52
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres a pick of my 18" cheetah's.

AZZA

Old 25-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #53
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=azza11]Heres a pick of my 18" cheetah's.
Having trouble resizing the pics. I have a iMac and iPhoto doesnt resize very easy. Any tips

AZZA
Old 25-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #54
TUF-640

not sure if its just my computer but theres no pictures showing up on your posts azza :S

Quote:

Old 26-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #55
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My program wont shrink the photo from 2.3mb down to the required size for this site. I am using iPhoto on my Mac.
I will try again.

AZZA
Old 26-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #56
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

TUF-640 - great wheel choice and price to boot mate. Big thumbs up from me.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #57
TUF-640

thanks blueoval, appreciate it

Quote:

Old 13-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #58
brad`
The Monty

you live near me yet never seen u driving lol, looks good

GTP rims? as in the ones on mine or the BF ones?
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #59
TUF-640

haha yeah i know right, i think ive seen your car once and that was back in the day when i use to catch buses :p
Ye the ones on your car i was talking about. Im basically around the bell post area for school during the week or around town or at the beach on the weekend

Quote: