Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #91
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Cup holder/warmer in the plenum cover.... nice touch.

Old 16-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #92
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Shoulda used that FORD grill from the US pickups!! Looks tough.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #93
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Does anyone have a comparison of tub sizes between the new Ranger and the current Falcon? More specifically the width of both especially between the wheelarches? From what I have read you wouldn't be able to get a pallet in the Ranger. I would have thought with the increase in size this would have been on the agenda.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #94
Sapper
Back to the AU

I suspect that I'll be going for a 4WD dual cab ute sometime next year. If they can have these on sale by mid-year then I'll definitely havea good look. Otherwise, I think the VW Amarok will get the gig. That said, the new Ranger does look the goods. No complaints from me.
Old 16-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #95
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Does anyone have a comparison of tub sizes between the new Ranger and the current Falcon? More specifically the width of both especially between the wheelarches? From what I have read you wouldn't be able to get a pallet in the Ranger. I would have thought with the increase in size this would have been on the agenda.
Hmmmm, from my research this could still be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquahead2001
You can fit an ISO Pallet between the wheel arches of the current Ranger, you just can't fit it sideways...

ISO Pallet - 1,200 x 1,000 mm

Australian Standard Pallet - 1,165 by 1,165 mm

Existing Ranger between the wheel arches - 1,090mm

and from http://www.newfordrangermedia.com/as...verview_EN.pdf

Quote:
Measuring 1549 millimetres long, 511 millimetres high and with a maximum cargo width of 1560 millimetres, the cargo box of the double cab is more than 100 millimetres wider. Volume is an impressive 1.21 cubic metres.

Width between the wheel arches is 1139 millimetres on all models and special provisions are provided in the cargo box to place struts of lumber in pockets that are located above the wheel arch. This allows plywood or sheet rock to be stacked flat. Width at the rear tailgate opening at the top of the box is 1330 millimetres.
Old 16-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #96
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Well for a start, most people use a tray back for hauling pallets rather than a well back,
it pretty much necessary for side on loading as the pick up's tail gate usually gets in the way.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #97
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Well for a start, most people use a tray back for hauling pallets rather than a well back,
it pretty much necessary for side on loading as the pick up's tail gate usually gets in the way.
True, as a forklift is usually how you would place any loaded pallet on the back meaning with the tailgate down a forkie would have to push a pallet in upto 1 metre at least, not something I would trust let alone avoiding damage to the tailgate by the hoist.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #98
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
So a cab chassis model can be optioned. Like every other courier company I have seen use.
Old 16-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #99
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be nice if something like this was available for the Ranger like the you can get for the F150.

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #100
cool65
carefactor zero

Scrap it - Start again!
Don't all 2010 cars need a row of LED lights ?
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #101
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Xr6 Martin You can get those for the falcon pretty sure there aftermarket though in saying that cant see why they would not make them for the ranger.

Im personally quite impressed with the new ranger i think it would look tough as with a bullbar and some muddies .
Still wish they didn't spend so much on the unveiling an put the money in to bolting in a v8 .
All though they are decent torque figures Anyone know what the big ***** weighs .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #102
MONSOON

Really like the photochop with the F150 Raptor style grill, but once a decent bullbar and spotties are fitted, it won't matter much either way.

That Mazda is SO ugly it's hard to believe it is the Ranger's badge engineering twin
Old 16-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #103
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
True, as a forklift is usually how you would place any loaded pallet on the back meaning with the tailgate down a forkie would have to push a pallet in upto 1 metre at least, not something I would trust let alone avoiding damage to the tailgate by the hoist.
Maybe so but 1200mm is the standard for a lot of things so it would be handy, even if you weren't loading pallets, if there was this width between the wheelarches.

I know its not a big deal, I was just wondering and thought since they had increased the size of the vehicle they may have widened this area.

With the increase in size, do we think there is still room for an RTV?
Yes I know I am dreaming.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #104
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Maybe so but 1200mm is the standard for a lot of things so it would be handy, even if you weren't loading pallets, if there was this width between the wheelarches.

I know its not a big deal, I was just wondering and thought since they had increased the size of the vehicle they may have widened this area.

With the increase in size, do we think there is still room for an RTV?
Yes I know I am dreaming.
I've had an ISO Cube in the back of my existing ranger and it of course fits long ways and at a tonne full, your only ever going to fit one in. Not fitting an Aussie Pallet is a bugger, every now and then you want to be able to carry that pallet full of rolled up lawn, or floor tiles, and I'm sure there's plenty of Tradies out there who need to throw a pallet full of something in regularly.

But I'm still mighty impressed in the T6 and can't wait to I get mine next year!
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #105
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

vw amarok fits a pallet between the rear wheel arches. great advertising by having one sitting in the back at the motor show.
Old 24-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #106
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC807
vw amarok fits a pallet between the rear wheel arches. great advertising by having one sitting in the back at the motor show.
Can any other Utes fit an Aussie pallet in between the wheel arches?
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post