Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cold Weather Starting

Was in ACT last week my MA was left out on the streets for the very first time in 3 years I had it crank it a least 3 times to start it now I know why batteries fail I started to get worried at the 3rd time but gees it was bloody noisy when cold anyone else in cold climate had any problem especially when visiting ski resorts!! I think its the cold temp effecting the diesel fuel or the fuel pump couldn't pass the diesel fuel

apstar

apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cold Weather Starting

Was it cold enough to need the glow plugs? There's an indicator for this, and you need to wait for it to go out before trying to start the engine.

Diesel does get thicker when its cold but this is not usually a problem until well below 0°. Yeah, they are noisy when it's cold!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Was it cold enough to need the glow plugs? There's an indicator for this, and you need to wait for it to go out before trying to start the engine.

Diesel does get thicker when its cold but this is not usually a problem until well below 0°. Yeah, they are noisy when it's cold!
ah so thats it I never look at the indicators just habit in starting the car as its in a garage at home in Sydney next time I'm down there I will,as a matter of fact the third time I waited a bit hoping to give the battery a rest so maybe the glow plugs went out thanks NZ

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
marcusturbo

There is also the outside temp warning lights, @ 3°C there is an Orange snowflake and this changes to Red @ 0°C
Old 06-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

and today was -2C in CBR ......yep, first decent frost of the year !!!!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
and today was -2C in CBR ......yep, first decent frost of the year !!!!
thought it was a bit fresh this morning on the bike at 5am this morning... all i can say is bring on summer