Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #61
kenj

Default Re: Vfacts november 2021

I've seen quotes about Falcon lovers and not a Ford lover, I'm the opposite. I learnt to drive in a column shift XP Falcon and I've had Fords of one type or another ever since, everything including the last 4 new cars a BA Typhoon, FG Super Pursuit then a Mondeo and now a Kuga. The Kuga is due to turn over or past it but what do I put my bum in, Escapes are non existent, a Ranger won't fit in my garage (it will but I can't close the garage door), a Everest for just my wife and myself? I honestly don't know what to move to. I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face but I've never been a swinging voter and I'm loathed to buy another brand so I'll just have to stand in line with god only know how many more people and wait for an Escape.
kenj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #62
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenj View Post
I've seen quotes about Falcon lovers and not a Ford lover, I'm the opposite. I learnt to drive in a column shift XP Falcon and I've had Fords of one type or another ever since, everything including the last 4 new cars a BA Typhoon, FG Super Pursuit then a Mondeo and now a Kuga. The Kuga is due to turn over or past it but what do I put my bum in, Escapes are non existent, a Ranger won't fit in my garage (it will but I can't close the garage door), a Everest for just my wife and myself? I honestly don't know what to move to. I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face but I've never been a swinging voter and I'm loathed to buy another brand so I'll just have to stand in line with god only know how many more people and wait for an Escape.

Escapes are starting to trickle through. Might pay to keep an eye out for cancelled orders. Given the long wait times there have been a few to give up waiting. I believe the car still gets built and shipped depending on when it was cancelled. It's a great car so worth the wait.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ford need to be careful here. I have no doubt the new Ranger will be worth a small price increase but........

As it stands, many private buyers and small businesses are splashing out on cars in a time where travel is restricted. Can't go on the round-the-world trip or luxury cruise, discretionary spending has been diverted to other luxury or high dollar goods. Some businesses have seen big upward swings due to Covid also, my employer has purchased two new company cars and a $20,000 mower.

At the moment, Ford are printing money and selling every car they make without having to discount or worry about pricing the product too high. All of the above won't last forever though. So while they may feel justified asking $70K, 80K or even 90K, it could come back to haunt them when things return to 'normal'.
With pricing though you can move it around depending on market forces (or what you think you can get away with), you can charge your premium price for the Ranger while there's early adopters willing to pay whatever Ford can sell it for, later in the model cycle they can discount if they want.

'Early adopters' always pay more, but they know that and they're willing to put the money down for that privilege, I don't have a problem with that.

Try buy a PS5, are they even available yet 12 months later?

We're about to buy an LDV G10+ van at work, $32K DA and they have stock on the yard.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 08-12-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #64
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Except no one was talking about the public (until you mentioned it with the irrelevant reference to a Futura). I was talking about forum members and the obvious lack of interest in the current line up.
So out of interest what new cars do you like?

my point... is if you don't like what Ford have what do you like.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #65
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

'Early adopters' always pay more, but they know that and they're willing to put the money down for that privilege, I don't have a problem with that.

Try buy a PS5, are they even available yet 12 months later?

We're about to buy an LDV G10+ van at work, $32K DA and they have stock on the yard.

That’s it, I’m happy to pay that little bit more to get a new ranger early on (even if to some on here that makes me a “cashed up bogan..”) I could have taken delivery of an my21 px3 Wildtrack in a few days, my dealer had 3 in stock (2 Bi turbo and 1 3.2) but I don’t need the new daily for a while (supercharger addition to the ssv can’t happen until mark/April anyway due to supply shortage) and even then buying a current Wildtrack they where talking low $70k anyway…

Would be interested to see just how many pre orders there are, and what sales numbers it will generate… surely it should easily beat hilux… px3 is already the class leader (though new dmax runs it pretty close)… the new one is in a class of its own though…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post

Steak, chips and VB
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #67
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
The XR6 was the most popular model for a long time.
Fair enough.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 07:09 PM   #68
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Steak, chips and VB
How many gallons to the mile do you get?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #69
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, russellw must have RSI by now, I've seen less redacted on a CIA briefing paper...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #70
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post

I don’t dislike what Ford currently offer. If I was in the market for a modern sports car then I’d go a Mustang. Something small and new, Focus. Will consider the new Ranger when it arrives since it is getting a decent engine. I think the current one is over priced. The rest I have no interest in, but that doesn’t equate to disliking the brand. I won’t be the only one feeling this way and Ford aren’t the only manufacturer to suffer this.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #71
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"holden" won bathurst , should sell a few brand new opels this week
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #72
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
"holden" won bathurst , should sell a few brand new opels this week
I'm sure General Motors in Detroit are so proud.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: