Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #3181
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I hate the 3pm stitch up. I was winding up my work day then got the call to belt from north sydney to terry hills, more info pending. So i bolt over and get a contact. Call the bloke. Its a fault that his guys have spent a few hours on and he said he wasnt expecting someone today. You dont flag something as urgent and not expect someone that day. I was told to come back when i have a few hours to throw at it. I did spend half an hour looking into things, i was already there and sometimes a fresh set of eyes is what fault finding needs. No bueno. So i drove an hour in the wrong direction for no reason greater then someone flagged it as urgent.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #3182
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See on the news tonight the story about the diver who took it upon himself to untangle a young whale caught up in a shark net.Apparently the fisheries dept in QID are considering fining him $600+ for going too close to a protected species.Well he did it because the fisheries mob were so slack and lazy getting off their backsides,so he did what had to be done to save the animal
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2020, 07:12 PM   #3183
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Fine the fisheries dept for endangering an endangered species. Failing that, just nuisance them any legal way possible.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2020, 05:47 PM   #3184
Kicking back

My apprentice has started to do something that really annoys me. I thought this was just an old man thing to do, but i guess not. He has put his house and car keys on a carribina and hooks it to a belt loop on his pants. Its like the bell on a cats collar. I guess i always know where he is due to the jingle, also when i let him outside he doesnt pose a threat to wildlife. It really makes it hard at times to forget he exists when he is constantly jingling.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #3185
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
My apprentice has started to do something that really annoys me. I thought this was just an old man thing to do, but i guess not. He has put his house and car keys on a carribina and hooks it to a belt loop on his pants. Its like the bell on a cats collar. I guess i always know where he is due to the jingle, also when i let him outside he doesnt pose a threat to wildlife. It really makes it hard at times to forget he exists when he is constantly jingling.
Ha!

Mine is different and not annoying at all - but for some stupid reason it irritates me.

In my work you have a work access card, has to be carried at all times. Usually in Wallet or on Belt for many.

However some use the long Lanyard around their neck for their pass down to chest, gets caught up in their clothes, to show name and position etc.

I have no idea why, but it unreasonably distracts and confuses me!!
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #3186
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

No VC for Teddy Sheean; not impressed by the pollies in charge.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #3187
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Ha!

Mine is different and not annoying at all - but for some stupid reason it irritates me.

In my work you have a work access card, has to be carried at all times. Usually in Wallet or on Belt for many.

However some use the long Lanyard around their neck for their pass down to chest, gets caught up in their clothes, to show name and position etc.

Most places i work require a visitors id of sorts. I much prefer stickers then a lanyard with an id slip. They get in the way. But what really grinds my gears is people with keys on a neck lanyard. Access passes not so much, but when someone bends to use a key thats around their neck to open a door..... cannot stand looking at the effort involved.
Old 21-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #3188
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

During lockdown the empty roads have been wonderful, but now people are driving again, they are all doing 20 under the limit, and on a 2 lane rd, they will sit side by side, it’s driving me INSANE.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 21-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #3189
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Ha!

We are forced to display our if on a lanyard. What’s even worse is I have to have one for police stations. One for transgrid sites and one for defence bases. The amount of times I have the wrong one on is incredible
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #3190
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
No VC for Teddy Sheean; not impressed by the pollies in charge.
Agreed, and it's not the first time the award has been knocked back, the push for recognition of his bravery has been going on for years, the only recognition was a Posthumous Mention In Despatches, he hasn't received any Medal at all.........he was only 18 at the time.

Quote:
.....Armidale undertook evasive action, manoeuvring frantically to avoid the aerial attack. However, at 15:15, the vessel was struck by two air-launched torpedoes, one hitting her port side and the other colliding with the engineering spaces, before a bomb exploded aft. Armidale listed sharply to port at this stage, and the order was given to abandon ship. As the crew leapt into the sea, they were strafed by the attacking aircraft. Sheean, after assisting to free a life-raft, was hit by two bullets from one of the aircraft, wounding him in the chest and back. Scrambling across the deck, he strapped himself into the aft Oerlikon 20 mm cannon and began shooting at the fighters in an effort to protect some of the sailors already in the sea. Subject to the fire from Sheean's Oerlikon, the Japanese aircraft were kept at bay and were unable to effectively strafe those in the water.

With Armidale rapidly sinking, Sheean continued to fire and managed to shoot down one of the Japanese bombers. He damaged a further two aircraft before Armidale's stern was engulfed by the sea. Despite this, Sheean maintained his fire as the water rose above his feet, and remained firing as he "disappeared beneath the waves". Sheean's crewmates later testified to witnessing tracers rising from beneath the water's surface as Sheean was dragged under.

Dale Marsh's painting of Teddy Sheean hangs in the Australian War Memorial

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #3191
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Follow up, I fixed the pull start on the mower though probably not as good as before. Turns out rewinding the spring was the easy part.

Threading the cord through the T shape pull handle on the other hand. I got one of those 'easy start' ones that is mounted to the the frame which was the reason it frayed in the first place because it got caught under something else

What a ****, it took ages. It took fine tuning between melting the cut and making the hole bigger. I hate that.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #3192
Kicking back

I really hate vertical ladders. Today i had to climb a vertical ladder thats mounted to the side of a building to access a hot water unit on the roof of a building. Big extention ladders im fine with, theyre angled so you lean into them. This one is verticle and 30 foot tall. And no cage around it or fall arrestor. And the cold wind had picked up. I dont have confidence in my left arm since it got working again after the 39 days it had no function in 2017. Obviously the building owner has never been up to the roof. My logic would be install a hatch in the roof above the top landing of one of the sets of fire stairs and a 10 foot verticle for access. Dunno howthe plumbers going to get a new 250 litre hot water unit up there without a scissor lift.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #3193
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I really hate vertical ladders. Today i had to climb a vertical ladder thats mounted to the side of a building to access a hot water unit on the roof of a building. Big extention ladders im fine with, theyre angled so you lean into them. This one is verticle and 30 foot tall. And no cage around it or fall arrestor. And the cold wind had picked up. I dont have confidence in my left arm since it got working again after the 39 days it had no function in 2017. Obviously the building owner has never been up to the roof. My logic would be install a hatch in the roof above the top landing of one of the sets of fire stairs and a 10 foot verticle for access. Dunno howthe plumbers going to get a new 250 litre hot water unit up there without a scissor lift.

I’m assuming you had a harness and double lanyard to climb it?

Even so they ain’t fun.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #3194
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was so glad to knock off after work and then got involved in a minor fender bender on the way home.

First incident involving another car in my entire life. I was a bees dick off it not happening either .

Luckily barely minor damage to either car and the other was a company car so they couldn't give a **** really. Mine's not worth even getting fixed.

So have to sort **** out with their office tomorrow since neither of us had the policy details at hand. Hopefully not too painful.

Geez I hate that
Old 28-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #3195
Kicking back

Was doing some rcd testing today. Security knew their desk would go lose power breifly. I get a call from the new guard. He isnt very polite about anything, i wouldnt be either i suppose if i was a grown man on $15 per hour. So he says the internet for the access control computer is down. I look at the computer, its picking up its known network, but no internet. So i spend an hour with old mate on my back the whole time checking all the routers and modems and crap. Anything with an internet light had the light on. So i said call IT. He did. For security reasons the access control system does not have internet. All he had to do was log in to the system. I got no thanks for wasting my time, no appology for wasting my time, nothing. A simple thanks would have gone a long way, thats all it takes for me not to be irritated about stupidity.
Old 28-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #3196
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And to follow up I have my car booked in for assessment tomorrow. Though I really don't see the point doing anything about it but part of the process.

Oh and I may or may not have knocked the parking gate boom off this morning too. I'm pretty certain it fell off while raising due to previous damage and I have no marks on my car but who knows.

I took tomorrow off on leave immediately to make it a 4 day weekend. I still finished the work that I said would get done even with all this **** going on, but **** this week. Over it.

I'm min down $1500 unless the other party sends me a letter of demand less than that which would allow me to cancel my claim since I can't be ****ed fixing my car
Old 02-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #3197
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The arrogance of protesters in Auckland thousands herding on mass, thumbing there nose at anyone who has lost income, a loved one, not been able to attend funerals not being able to visit people dying in hospital, all for a cause that has no real world bearing on them. I would take them more seriously if they padlocked themselves at two metre intervals to a chainlink fence with there collective nose rings/ear stretchers. If by any chance they two week quarantine themselves, no one is going to miss them from work.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #3198
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
The arrogance of protesters in Auckland thousands herding on mass, thumbing there nose at anyone who has lost income, a loved one, not been able to attend funerals not being able to visit people dying in hospital, all for a cause that has no real world bearing on them. I would take them more seriously if they padlocked themselves at two metre intervals to a chainlink fence with there collective nose rings/ear stretchers. If by any chance they two week quarantine themselves, no one is going to miss them from work.

Doesn’t nz have only one active case or something now?
Perfect way to test to see if it’s still out there. Should know in 7-14 days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #3199
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You make a valid point, it's just we are nearly out of this in a couple more weeks and we are done hopefully, would hate for this to have undone any progress we have made also our testing has dropped off a bit, time will tell. I lost a good friend over this lockdown and a virtual funeral didn't cut it yet these clowns think they can do what they want, we are still at a 100 person limit for any gathering
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #3200
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
You make a valid point, it's just we are nearly out of this in a couple more weeks and we are done hopefully, would hate for this to have undone any progress we have made also our testing has dropped off a bit, time will tell. I lost a good friend over this lockdown and a virtual funeral didn't cut it yet these clowns think they can do what they want, we are still at a 100 person limit for any gathering
I know what you mean, here (NE Victoria) we are just starting to open stuff up again but some just don't get it.
Drove through Glenrowan on Saturday morning where I spotted a large group (30+) of road cyclist all sitting around outside the bakery close together drinking and eating, while freeway traveller's who stop there are mixing in with them sitting at the tables too talk about a good way to spread this thing without being able to trace the source.

Thanks dumb a**es.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #3201
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally someone attached to CFS and he borrowed the truck last weekend to hose off a group that were determined to snub authority.
The local Bobby was aware if what was going to happen and commented ' I will be very busy elsewhere, if one if that mob come see me I'd gladly lock them up for defining regulations.

sometimes being involved in small communities has its brighter sides
Old 02-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #3202
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I personally someone attached to CFS and he borrowed the truck last weekend to hose off a group that were determined to snub authority.
The local Bobby was aware if what was going to happen and commented ' I will be very busy elsewhere, if one if that mob come see me I'd gladly lock them up for defining regulations.

sometimes being involved in small communities has its brighter sides
Good move, didn't know what to do myself, so I wrote to the local paper. They were going to report on it. That particular bakery is the worst bakery I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Terrible food.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #3203
Kicking back

Today i got a callout to change 1 fluoro tube. Now the place has the worst designed light fittings in the universe. 1 never means 1. If it was say 5 lamps then its not terrible. It was 40. The fittings are slimline linear pendants with 5 foot tubes. They arent like a normal fluoro where the tube twists out, they have these stupid push on things and the lamps are held in with clips. So by myself it takes 6 moves of the ladder and probably about 10 minutes per lamp, more if the lamp is cracked as they tend to do because these fittings retain heat. So i got 20 done this arvo. I have got the apprentice to come in tomorrow. 2 people, 2 ladders double teaming it the lamps get changed in about 2 minutes, no ladder shuffling. The only positive is its for a female swimwear brand so the marketing posters they dot around are somewhat decent to look at.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #3204
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The bloody McDonalds app.

Takes forever to make an order - very slow and each process takes ages to load.

The 'rewards' that expire at the end of the day seem to vanish some time after 11pm...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:51 AM   #3205
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

People pulling a (house) door up to the jamb, without actually closing it. Every flaming movement of air makes the lock tongue bump on the strike. How hard is it to finish the job properly?
Old 03-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #3206
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Tranny cooler hose (nylon) split on the hoist...
Old 06-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #3207
marty351
Shenanigans..............

People posting reposts.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #3208
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The fact that you can't log in and out of WhatsApp

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #3209
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You can surely force close and turn off notifications, contacts access?

Happy Signal user here. Wouldn't trust Zuckerberg far as I can throw my tinfoil hat.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #3210
Kicking back

Doing domestic electrical. Things just involve so much more effort compared to commercial for the same result. Theres no wooden noggins in comercial (the high rise office buildings i typically work in), and no negotiating slag in external walls.