Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Damn the B@stards!

I was going to wash my car today anyway, but as I pulled it out of the garage I noticed my car had been egged. One hit to the rear drivers side window. The problem is it splattered and some landed on my recently resprayed bonnet and I can't get it off. The rest came off, but not on the bonnet, probably due to engine heat.

It may have happened last night at a mate's place - he did have his stereo up loud at 1am for a short time. Just pi$$ed off that the $400 bonnet respray I had done has stayed in perfect nick for only a month. Might have to get it professionally restored as I tried buffing it out with Meguiars cleaner wax, but only buff it off with a cloth by hand - I don't have any detailing gear.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If you get some 3M Finish it Cutting Compound and a decent buff (total cost around $150) you might be able to repair it. Either that or take it to a good detailer and he might be able to fix it for you.

Goodluck!
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Aeron
DJR Fan

That sux.
My mums car was egged the other week, and they chucked it at the car so hard, that the egg shell chipped the paint in a big circle. All of the small dots you can see, are where the paint has been chipped off from the egg shell.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the same circle of chips on my car.
Was parked out the back of work and had one egg thrown at it. Hit the rear passenger guard and sprayed all up the side. Didn't see it when I got into the car and drove home as it was midnight.
The car sat in the sun all day until I noticed it next evening. It was baked on well and good. That night it rained for a good few hours and I had the car parked in the rain, so I threw on a jacket, grabbed a sponge and bucket and went out to try to clean it off.
The rain softened it all up nicely and it came off without further damage. Getting it out the door rubbers etc was a nightmare.
I use my car cover all the time at work now....

I'd suggest soaking a sponge and sitting it on the egg for an hour or so then trying to wipe it off.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT

Last edited by fairmont1998; 07-02-2005 at 11:59 PM.
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

/me wonders why on earth other people dont respect others property ..... this stinks matey
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One also has to wonder about the quality and hardness of modern paints. Why can't they with stand this like the paints of 10-15 years ago?

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 AM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I hate people who don't respect other people's belongings. They wouldn't like it if it was theirs.
I was told that the trolley contractor at work a few weeks ago was sitting on his tractor with his feet on my old car, and dropped what I was doing and went and abused him.
Needless to say I don't park the new car in public.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #8
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Tis hard to appreciate just how P****** off ya can get until it happens to your own pride & joy.
I too have a ring of chips... :SaiyanSmi
I was lucky(????) enuff to be driving at the wrong place at the wrong time & some little so & so decided mine would make for good target practise. I'm equally P***** I didn't get the opportunity to drag them aside & have a little 'discussion with them about how appropriate their actions were.
Pily help any fool I meet with an egg in his hand anywhere NEAR a car in the future - tis OPEN season on egg throwers!
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #9
Twisted
Contributing Member

Careful with that mate. When i got my car resprayed to fix paint damage the first thing the sprayshop asked me was if it was egg as apparently it can do very bad things to paint. Definately try to clear up any effects asap!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #10
GTHO3_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I was going to wash my car today anyway, but as I pulled it out of the garage I noticed my car had been egged. One hit to the rear drivers side window. The problem is it splattered and some landed on my recently resprayed bonnet and I can't get it off. The rest came off, but not on the bonnet, probably due to engine heat.

It may have happened last night at a mate's place - he did have his stereo up loud at 1am for a short time. Just pi$$ed off that the $400 bonnet respray I had done has stayed in perfect nick for only a month. Might have to get it professionally restored as I tried buffing it out with Meguiars cleaner wax, but only buff it off with a cloth by hand - I don't have any detailing gear.

What area did this happen to u?
GTHO3_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

What @rseholes!

You can't leave your car anywhere these days. I know how to get egg out or off household things but the heat would have cooked it onto the car and the paint. I hope you don't have to get another respray.

Maybe try looking around on google for ideas, never hurts to try and you never know what you'll find. _2:

Sounds like the AFF Lynch mob need to hold their AGM soon. :evilsasmo

Good Luck!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Little F**kers.
My work ute ( Mazda Bravo) gets egged all the time because i park it out on the road. People toot and abuse us all the time. The street is big enough to get 2 small trucks past the parked car with out slowing down. Its a 60 km street. The bigest problem is people going past at around 100km and peopel with no Idea on the size of what they drive. Over the x-mas break i parked on the other side of the road down about a house in a dug out thought I keep it out of the way. I went to go out some where 2 days later and there would have been about 6 eggs splattered all over it. Took 6 hours to get the crap off.
I would love to catch just 1 of the pricks and smash there head into the car and see if that explodes......

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT