Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-07-2022, 04:06 PM   #4591
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

…Raining steadily for 20 minutes, then you remember you left the sunroof cracked open.

#firstworldproblems
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #4592
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm about to leave Tuesday morning to go to Broome and Fitzroy Crossing (Giekie Gorge) for 2 weeks, going to meet up with the wife who's coming down from Darwin caravanning with her sister. She just tested positive. Some guy with no mask was coughing behind her on a boat cruise of Lake Argyle 4 days ago.
Now they're at caravan park at the turn off to Bungle Bungles (about 100 kays in from BB) isolating.
They were going to get a 4WD coach into BB, but can't now.
The woman running the show was saying how they had a tour a few days ago and one person, just one, always one tosser, refused to mask up. Because he stacked on a show they decided to let him go anyway.
Yes, you know whats coming don't you. Said tosser turned positive next day, everyone was a close contact and the driver turned positive as did a couple of others.
Now they're down on staff, limited tours.
The many suffer for the few, again.
Tell you what, Wolf Creek Crater isn't far away, they should have done a John Jarratt on him.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #4593
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update, just received, they've been kicked out of the caravan park.
2 women on the highway in the Kimberely having to look after themselves in the bush.
It's 3.30pm, and next town is 2 hours away and probably get turned away there too.
Old 24-07-2022, 06:54 PM   #4594
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You’re getting slammed lately. My sympathies.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 07:26 PM   #4595
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
2 women on the highway in the Kimberely having to look after themselves in the bush.
It's 3.30pm, and next town is 2 hours away and probably get turned away there too.

mine too
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2022, 08:08 PM   #4596
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Halls creek one hour away, I think the caravan park broke the law throwing them out while they were isolating.
The owners of CP are fools to themselves for allowing the unmasked person on tour if it was their policy to mask up.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 09:08 PM   #4597
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Halls creek one hour away, I think the caravan park broke the law throwing them out while they were isolating.
The owners of CP are fools to themselves for allowing the unmasked person on tour if it was their policy to mask up.
The juvenile crime in HC is out of control. Breaking into vans and stealing 4WDs, ramming cop cars.
They've found a free camping spot on the side of the road with a few other csravanners.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 11:04 PM   #4598
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
The juvenile crime in HC is out of control. Breaking into vans and stealing 4WDs, ramming cop cars.
They've found a free camping spot on the side of the road with a few other csravanners.
Not going to argue with the crime rate since it has been going for years up in the top end, Halls creek was tame compared to others such as Fitzroy Crossing when I last visited.
Hope your wife and her sister makes a speedy recovery.
Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2022, 12:32 AM   #4599
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a call from NZ and I was excited thinking I could talk **** with a Kiwi but no it was a Amazon scam.

Had another two BS calls. All numbers blocked now. ****en weird
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2022, 12:33 AM   #4600
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Double post
Old 30-07-2022, 07:22 PM   #4601
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Me too; said “Otago / Queenstown”. I knew it wasn’t family or any of the regular AFF members, so game on.
Old 30-07-2022, 08:03 PM   #4602
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many numbers can you block
Old 30-07-2022, 11:40 PM   #4603
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can block ALL
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #4604
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Since last September, I have had the ability to park cars across the road in my neighbor's driveway. This is happening when I need the space for detailing in the garage.

This week, I had the Mustang over there while I was ceramic coating a Mazda CX-5. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a cat that hangs around the property walking up and checking out the Mustang.

I sort of knew what was going to happen next, and before I had a chance to stop what I was doing, pussy decided spray the front bumper of the Mustang.

It's then I remembered this -

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #4605
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 weeks in The Kimberley including 3 days at tropical Broome, 32 degrees,then home to 14, cold and rain.
Clothes drying in front of the heater and tumble dryer.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #4606
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
2 weeks in The Kimberley including 3 days at tropical Broome, 32 degrees,then home to 14, cold and rain.
Welcome back to the 'real world', jaydee

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 04:36 PM   #4607
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh diddums how can anyone handle temps as low as 14.You need to toughen up a bit.14 is high here in winter.low is about zero plus or minus a couple degrees
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #4608
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yesterday morning, I enter the local park and some dead*#@! has dumped what must have been about four bucket loads of chocolate, crisps and biscuits just inside the entrance. Right then a bloke who lives right next to entrance was coming in to clean it up and must have removed 97% of it; very well done by him. I went back later to clean it a bit more but there was still more that could have been done.

I fantasise about catching dead*#@!s like this and putting them on a week-long diet of the s#*@ they have dumped, and most of the time they'd be eating plastic, not chocolate, crisps and biscuits.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #4609
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
Yesterday morning, I enter the local park and some dead*#@! has dumped what must have been about four bucket loads of chocolate, crisps and biscuits just inside the entrance. Right then a bloke who lives right next to entrance was coming in to clean it up and must have removed 97% of it; very well done by him. I went back later to clean it a bit more but there was still more that could have been done.

I fantasise about catching dead*#@!s like this and putting them on a week-long diet of the s#*@ they have dumped, and most of the time they'd be eating plastic, not chocolate, crisps and biscuits.
I think you would enjoy this episode of one of my favorite shows -

Skip to 13min 40sec and the 16min 40sec -

Mustang GT

Old 09-08-2022, 08:44 AM   #4610
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DFB FGXR6: thanks. I'd most likely make a fool of myself or end up worse off or both.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 11:17 PM   #4611
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a very up and down week and just when I thought I had it all sorted, my director dumped a huge pile of steaming **** in my inbox.

Hundreds of pages of IT architectural documents to review and I already know they are crap to begin with because the contractors they paid a **** load of money in the first place just copied and pasted and ignored everything I said

I'm at the end of my tether. I have a few blokes who can shop my resume around with recruiters and I will be doing just that because I will resign before I get caught up in this ****.

I'm done, and they won't do what needs to be done while I'm there to cover their ****.

It would be a different story if it would improve my development but it won't and I already know I can make a **** load of bank contracting without this nonsense
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #4612
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like you work for our government
Old 13-08-2022, 08:21 PM   #4613
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Today's installment of dodgy driving included a variety of left lane hogs who stay in that lane because they want to inconvenience others, while also doing 10 - 15 under the limit.

Perhaps also a variety of people who have no clue what they are doing or where they are going, holding people up in the process.

And the idiot driving one handed talking on his phone while turning left at a set of lights.................and also while towing a large and heavily weighted trailer.

This country is so pathetically backwards in who we left have a drivers license. All of the above antics should never have been let on the road in the first place.

And while I'm at it, there should be licensing for towing as well. The above idiot was being shockingly reckless and it's a daily observation that far too many people tow things without the skill or education to do so safely. There is a reason none of my cars have a tow bar, I'm not confident using them and therefore don't risk other people's safety by doing so. And frankly, the amount of people who take their empty trailer for a drive on a Sunday morning just irritates me.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2022, 11:56 PM   #4614
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Today's installment of dodgy driving included a variety of left lane hogs who stay in that lane because they want to inconvenience others, while also doing 10 - 15 under the limit.

Perhaps also a variety of people who have no clue what they are doing or where they are going, holding people up in the process.

And the idiot driving one handed talking on his phone while turning left at a set of lights.................and also while towing a large and heavily weighted trailer.

This country is so pathetically backwards in who we left have a drivers license. All of the above antics should never have been let on the road in the first place.

And while I'm at it, there should be licensing for towing as well. The above idiot was being shockingly reckless and it's a daily observation that far too many people tow things without the skill or education to do so safely. There is a reason none of my cars have a tow bar, I'm not confident using them and therefore don't risk other people's safety by doing so. And frankly, the amount of people who take their empty trailer for a drive on a Sunday morning just irritates me.
I applaud the left lane hogs going slower; do you actually want them to sit in the right lane to really p i s s you off?
Yeah I'm one of those who tows a trailer to drop off stuff at times and of course it will be driven empty. Think you need to take a chill pill.
Old 14-08-2022, 12:12 AM   #4615
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I applaud the left lane hogs going slower; do you actually want them to sit in the right lane to really p i s s you off?
Yeah I'm one of those who tows a trailer to drop off stuff at times and of course it will be driven empty. Think you need to take a chill pill.
Oops, guess I'm more tired than I thought.

As for the chill pills, send me some and I'll gladly take them.
Mustang GT

Old 14-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #4616
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Oops, guess I'm more tired than I thought.

As for the chill pills, send me some and I'll gladly take them.
Mate I thought you might have done a typo mistake as I hate those slow twerps in the right lane which unfortunately is becoming more common these days.
If I had chill pills I take some myself!!!
Old 14-08-2022, 05:01 PM   #4617
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Mate I thought you might have done a typo mistake as I hate those slow twerps in the right lane which unfortunately is becoming more common these days.
If I had chill pills I take some myself!!!
I need those pills!

I'm pretty run down at the moment, working too hard. Combine that with chronic pain that's been at its worst for a while, well I get agitated and worked up a bit sometimes.

I did have a bit of a laugh this morning as I heard a trailer rattling away in the street though.
Mustang GT

Old 14-08-2022, 11:08 PM   #4618
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pulling up to my Sunday cleaning shift in the van, it’s pouring with rain, get out to take the gate padlock off, go to get back in. Drivers door locked. Passenger door locked. I’ll try the back to get my tools out, to break into the front. Nope all locked.
Van is parked across the footpath, half blocking a lane, engine running with lights and wipers on. FUUUUUUU not the start to the day I was after.
After 20mins trying to break in I call the RAA with an ancient membership gained 6 years ago with a trailer insurance policy. Policy no longer exists. Guy on the other end starts his pay up now spiel, listen to our privacy policy blah blah blah, I get a little terse asking him to expedite things somewhat.
RAA van turns up 10 mins later, takes 20 sec to unlock the door and I’m down $95.
Ahh well you win some you loose some.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 17-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #4619
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put a leave notification in at work a few weeks ago, I have now been asked to justify how the company can survive without me..

I have been acting in other people's roles for 5 months this year without anyone filling my position, which means I get to do higher stress roles as well as some parts of my role and that suits the company just fine. But when I want a holiday suddenly it could be a problem.

I spoke to my union rep before I jumped through the company's hoops. If the request for annual leave is declined I will push further with the union.. trying to take a holiday shouldn't be stressful.

I am the lowest paid in my section by a fair margin and somehow I need to explain how the organisation will continue without me - the award states 'organisation' not my section... there are 3500 employees, I don't think I will be missed for a few weeks. If they can't live without me I need to be paid way more than I am.
Old 17-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #4620
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with such labour shortages around the country, dont ask for leave just bluntly tell them, at same time put feelers out to compaction, then tell your outfit to politely put their faces where the sun dont shine and walk.
That will rattle them, they may fall over themselves and agree to your leave, maybe offer pay increase but I would suspect that they will still screw you. Any loyalty will be out the back door.