Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
HOTDBZ

Default Hi Fellas....I'm back...and leaving soon....

Hi Guys,

I've finally taken Shane's advice and logged on to the new forum....well, its new to me.

Here's my first post. The time has come for me to pack up my bags and head to another country for work reasons...better job prospects, better pay and hopefully much nicer car to play around with (don't think thats possible but 2 out of 3 ain't bad). So in the next couple of days/weeks, I'll be putting my beloved XR up for sale. But I need some help coz this is the first car I've ever had to sell on my own here in Australia...which also means I know absolutely nuts about selling cars. I would really appreciate is someone could give me some pointers on the things I need to do and look out for.

Also, if anyone's keen in buying my XR, do drop me a PM and make me an offer. As most of you would know, it still in an immaculate condition, one owner, absolutely no track work, and always kept under shelter.

A brief profile of my XR...

Vital Statistics
AU XR6 HP

ENGINE:
Tickford AU 6 Cyl. 4.0L. (Bought New in April 2000)

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS:
(In brief) Balanced crankshaft, custom connecting rods, custom forged pistons, moly rings, oversized exhaust valves, crane valve springs, custom grinded camshaft, custom exhaust manifold, Garrett GT40 roller bearing turbocharger [AR .70], GFB Stealth FX blow off valve, 3-inch dump pipe, 3-inch mandrel bent exhaust [single ss muffler with 3-inch cat], 45mm Turbosmart Progate external wastegate, high capacity injectors, Bosch fuel pump, 4-inch custom intake, K&N pod filter [battery unit relocated], custom front mount intercooler [air-to-air, tube and fin core], Haltech E11k engine management system, custom built crank sensor

DRIVELINE:
Custom-built 4-speed transmission, external transmission oil cooler, EB tail shaft

PERFORMANCE:
260rwkW @ 4800rpm at 10psi (Max torque 1200.2Nm)

BRAKES AND SUSPENSION:
AP racing 4-pot brake upgrade system [front & rear], 330 X 28mm slotted 2 piece disc rotors [front and rear], street performance brake pads, modified spindles, steel braided brake hoses, standard Tickford shocks @ front, Pedders shocks @ rear, King springs @ front & rear

WHEELS AND TYRES:
ROH 19/8 Furys in shadowchrome, Falken ZR19 245/35 rubber @ front & rear

Cheers
Mal
aka HOTDBZ
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
carratt
I Love My T3

Hi there HOTDBZ
was taking a look at some of the pics on AUfalcon.com and was wondering what size Kings Springs you've got in the front and rear cause it sits really nice.
carratt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Mal

Welcome back and good luck with the future, make sure you at least log on and say hi every now and then!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Mal! You may not remember me, but i first met you on My first cruise in april of 03 i think it was. I was in a burgendy Ef Ghia, and all you guys had Galaxy Au's .

Good luck with the sale of your car, hope you get maximum $$$

Steve
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Was wondering when you would make it public mate. Anyhow, I'll give you a ring soon, see if we cant organise a dinner before you and Jes head off.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Hey Mal, long time no post! Where've you been? Anyway, wish you all the luck for the future, and sad to see the AU will be up for sale, after all that you, and the car went through. Hope it all works out for ya. Do they have Fords where you moving to? Cause you know.. once blue, always blue. :

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

How much are selling it for?
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Welcome back Mal and good luck with the future.

Here are some pics of mals car if anyone is looking to buy this weapon

More pics can be found here ----> http://www.aufalcon.com/Hotdbz.htm

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Best of Luck mate... pop in from time to time & let us know how much you are missing the XR!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Glad to hear your back Mal, was wondering where you went, sorry to hear you have to sell your ride though, good luck, that's one less Galaxy blue in the club.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTDBZ
But I need some help coz this is the first car I've ever had to sell on my own here in Australia...which also means I know absolutely nuts about selling cars. I would really appreciate is someone could give me some pointers on the things I need to do and look out for.
I can help you out with selling your car, basically when selling a car in Aust it is usually negotiated with cartons of beer. And there is not usually a lot of money involved ;)

Goodluck with your sale.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #12
HOTDBZ

Thanks guys, I'll definitely be popping back into this forum to keep up with the latest Ford-related goss. It brings a tear to my eye knowing that I have to sell my XR coz as most of you would know I spent heaps of time...ahem...paying others to do it up....and of course loads of money as well. I don't expect to get much of it back, just hoping it goes to a good home...and not some doof doof bastard who's going to race it down the street and end up wrapped around a power pole.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 02:13 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Mal, welcome, and good bye, all at once.

How much are you after for the car? Not that I can afford it, just interested.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the car, that started it all for me. Sure would be nice to own that car. I have a focus we can swap. only 700k's on the clock. lol

Good luck Mal and all the best for the future

Cheers

Buckie
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #15
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Likewise Mal, all the best and keep in touch for sure!

Last edited by LG; 15-03-2005 at 12:14 PM.
LG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #16
XWGT