Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
borntoshop666

Default water under carpet

Hi all,
on a few Occasions, I had Water soaked Carpets in my 2010 Mondeo Titanium Wagon.
Predominantly on the Passenger Side Rear and Front sometimes too.
Yes, the Windows and Sunroof were shut, just in case anyone is wondering.

All the Door Seals and Sunroof Seal look OK, could it come from the Aircon or Heater under the Dash.

I will take it to the Ford Dealer on Wednesday for them to have a look at.
I searched around the Net and could only find Issues with the Mk 2 and 3 Series.

Need it fixed, hopefully cheap, as the Car is for Sale.
After my Lease ended late last Year, Company forced me into a Company Car [a CRaptiva, what a heap of S..t that Thing is!]

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Old 12-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: water under carpet

Could be blocked or disconnected condenser drain from under the dash. I had this early in my XR5 ownership.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm not all that familiar with mondys, do they have an external aerial ?, if the heater/ac drain checks out i would check for water marks around the where the aerial cable comes through, very common on many cars to leak a bit here, if so a bit of sealant of some sort will fix the offending leaker .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
Mickmelb

Years ago I had a Celica that had the sunroof and when the drain tube (lets water out from the sunroof cavity via a hose) blocked up it let water into the car. Have a read of this thread it may help:
http://www.talkford.com/topic/198169...t-the-sunroof/
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
nevetsg

Passenger rear... it isn't coming out of the rear air vent that hides under the front seat is it?

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
borntoshop666

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
Passenger rear... it isn't coming out of the rear air vent that hides under the front seat is it?
I stuck some paper in it to see if it was wet once the carpet was damp again. Yep it stayed dry. Go figure
I had the Aircon and all Seals checked out at my Ford Dealer today. All good and nothing leaking.
I will pull off the plastic cover and other Bits below the Windscreen on Weekend to see how much Crap including Leaves and Pine Needles have built up and might block the Drainage Channels
Old 23-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
stuart

Hello Borntoshop666,

Had a similar problem some years ago with my MA sedan sunroof which led to v smelly carpet. Refer posts under link: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11346973
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post