Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #31
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: T5 manual gear lever bush..

Oh, and another thing the threaded bit is fatter then the stock one, which ment the stock knob didnt fit on. However i wanted it to have that stockish kinda look, and the inside of the knob is plastic so i drilled it out and made a new thread by forcing it on, worked a treat actually. Taken it off probably about 5 times since and still goes on tight.
Old 13-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwon
They both 'work' the same, the longer one is brought back more which means if you have your arm resting on the console lid, its right under your hand, where as you have to reach forward a touch for the other one.

The shorter one does look better, because of the way the spacer thing is, when the spacer thing is in, because of the way its shaped it looks really unco when in gear.

And the throw - comparing the stock one to the shorter one, its probably about half!

I bought it from america, after the exchange rate and postage it came to $130.
Cheers.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
xr6_boss

Can yu remove the rubber bush an leave the nylon bush on its own ???
Pacemaker 4499s
Custom CAI
xr6_boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #34
Brewtal ED

Btw, just thought Id post this up for anyone else searching to fix this, I too found that the rubber bush inside the block was too corroded for use. Instead of shelling out for genuine (second hand was also too hard to come by) I went to clark rubber with a measurement of the block and found a rubber chair leg protector that fit snug and then pushed the nylon bush inside. Perfect fit and the chair leg end even locked in place due to its shape. Been 4 months now and no change to far. Cost of 75 cents.

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Brewtal ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #35
usa966
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6 View Post
Another way to firm up your shifts is to get rid of the rubber block on the end of the stick.
Get yourself two Poly Sway bar bush's, cut them down to fit into the holes in the bottom of the stick.
I also swapped the stick to the drivers side of the shifter.
The poly bush's firmed up the stick but will still isolate some of the vibrations.

Cheap worthwhile mod.

Not quite as good as my old short shifter but a bit more friendly around town.

Anyone after a T5 SVO short shifter?
i use a rip shift with short throw works very well not realy around town type of car but have had it in traffic no problem
usa966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post