Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #501
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes they are a pain!

also check your rear doors I noticed on my now mangled fairlane.. that the door on the inside at the top where the window sill is has completely rusted out where the trim sits(the bit up against the window)

mine also has rust in the rear right corner in the reinforced section under the tail light (took it out and it was lookin at me)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #502
rosebush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
If it's not a brake light bulb, then try the brake light switch behind the brake pedal. They are several dollars from Repco and make sure you get the right one (not the heavy duty taxi one as they have a spring that's too stiff or something).
my brake switch that sits behind the peddle has been replaced 3 times in past 2 yrs, however only takes a few mins to fit and only about $10-$15
rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #503
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get a genuine one if the cheapy keeps dieing
Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #504
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 door actuators on the drivers side in the past couple of months, light bulbs, keeps on going

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #505
jrh001

Default Cleaning power steering fluid out of alternator - how to?

Edit:

Sorry... just found another thread ("Another victim, need some expert advice") that deals with this topic.

JH

Last edited by jrh001; 17-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.
jrh001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #506
alig
Starter Motor

Default car heating up when coolant inside

Hi guys i desperately need help whith my au. All of a suden my car started to heat up it had coolant (nulon) inside. just before that heater was not blowing hot air .I took it to the mechanic and he changed radiator and thermostat, flush the car number of times, now heater does blow hot air but engine heats up when car is reved up for 2000 over 2 to 3 seconds thats only when there is coolant inside. if i take coolant out and just use water it fine. fans are also kiking in at high and low speed as required.
alig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #507
jrh001

Quote:
Originally Posted by alig
...I took it to the mechanic and he changed radiator and thermostat, flush the car number of times, now heater does blow hot air but engine heats up when car is reved up for 2000 over 2 to 3 seconds thats only when there is coolant inside. if i take coolant out and just use water it fine. fans are also kiking in at high and low speed as required.
?faulty water temperature sensor (just a guess).

JH
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #508
jrh001

just had another thought...

Are you diluting the Nulon correctly?

JH
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #509
urbancowboy

Default AU problems

Bought my AU2 XR8 manual, narooma blue 2 months ago,

these are my probs and fixes so far

1. PROB. LHF door wouldnt lock (5min's after buying it! grrr)
1. FIX. New door lock actuator

2. PROB. LHR window wouldnt go up ( 3rd day i owned it)
2. FIX1. Pull out all switches clean and relube then, lube the window rubbers
2. FIX2. Played up again yesterday, bought all ne switches for every door, fix it for once and for good.

3. Prob. Loosing water,
3. Fix. Replace heater valve ( still needs new radiator but not badly)

4. Prob. Steering rack leaking Power steering connector leaking
4. Fix. Replace with reco'd unit. Replace connector. ( hose is much dearer)

5. Prob. Clutch starting to slip
5. Fix. Not yet but im getting a new HD exedy clutch and a alloy flywheel and a rip shifter all at once.

OTHER WEIRD THINGS

Car wouldnt unlock with smart key two weeks ago on a really hot day, but after a bit of perserverence it opened with the key.

Airbag light was intermitently lighting on the dash, today has decided to stay on. Should i be concerned the airbag could go off in my face at any moment????

Needs service is overdue, will be fitting NGK irridium plugs, Topgun 8.8mm leads, K&N panel filter, Gates timing belt & new idler pully( which is starting to squeek.

Front has a squeek which is related to the LHF wheel, its intermittent, doesnt go away when brakes are applied, doesnt feel like a wheel bearing! has me stuffed!

Brakes Squeek like a mofo! mainly the fronts, Stops like hell, could just be perf pads? havnt even had time to suss it out properly,

Any light shed on these final few issues would be appreciated.
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #510
whiskers
gone fishing

urban cowboy put the last of your post part here http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...ysprune=&f=241 you will get more answers to your questions. but about the air bag if the light is staying on it needs to be checked out I think.

cheers
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #511
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Airbag light could be blown fuse - check all fuses (better yet, replace the airbag ones)
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #512
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The air bag will not go off unless you crash. Also it depends on the code if it will go off in a crash or not.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #513
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

speaking of air bag, every one on here nos i had the accident, just wondering, where that sensor is, becuase i hit the lower suppot bar, behind the front bumper dead straight doing 40 kms and hour and pushed the bar in and the air bag didnt go off

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #514
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as far as I am aware in AUSTRALIA you need to be doing in excess of 45kmh to set off the airbag(lower in america from what i recall).. otherwise they would go off in shopping centre carparks if you tapped sombody.. and if you hit the dash at that speed your a rag doll and need to grow a spine lol..
Old 06-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #515
The Monty
Just slidin'

If you werent injured enough for hospital admission, then the airbag wont go off. Why would the airbag go off if you hit the rad support? The crash isnt going to hurt you, but if the air bag woul have gone off, you could have had a broken arm/nose, and probably burns. No use the airbags going off and doing more damage than what is going to be caused by the accident itself, otherwise they wouldnt be allowed to be fitted.
Get what Im saying?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #516
urbancowboy

Thanks Whiskers, JC and Beer Baron.
I'll have to go have a quick look at the fuses. I did notice earlier today that its gone back to intermitently being lit up and it may even have to do with the rotation of the steering wheel.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #517
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy

Airbag light was intermitently lighting on the dash, today has decided to stay on. Should i be concerned the airbag could go off in my face at any moment????

Any light shed on these final few issues would be appreciated.
When you turn acc on, does the airbag light flash a few times, then stop and flash again, then stay on.
If so count how many times it flashes, then a pause, then count the flashes again.
It could be the clock spring, very common.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #518
urbancowboy

Thanks Galaxy XR8,

I forgot to check the fuses, but that's because when i drove it this arvo it was lit up initially then went off as per normal! Then the same tonight when i drove it home again! But i will write myself a post-it note to check the fuse and to try it with the aircon on to see if it flashes as you've suggested.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the front end squeek may be? its not grindy sounding and its like its only a small section of when the front left wheel is rotating, as in you hear it up to about 30kph then its gone, but also it sometimes isnt there at all! I might just get new wheel bearing done to eliminate that.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #519
urbancowboy

Thanks for all the help ppl, and also the search feature!
I've worked it must be the clock spring as tonight i drove it and for a short while and i was able to control the light by the steering wheel, i.e. straight no light, turn a fraction and it light up!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #520
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

The clock spring is a common problem, but the amount of time's the airbag light flashes then pause's and flashes again is the code that denotes the exact problem.
If you want to be sure.
But I will put my money on the clock spring.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #521
emptyoz
Starter Motor

Default CD Stuck

Item:- CD Player
Problems: CD won't eject - Starts to but gets stuck before exiting the front slot.
Cause:- Slippery CD
Fixes:- Remove complete stereo. Remove lid. With a small flat blade screw driver, carefully turn the small white gear on the left side of the CD player towards you. Eventually the CD will come out. Test loading/unloading with a different CD.
Cost:- $0 if you do it yourself. Less than an hours work.
emptyoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #522
tracka
Starter Motor

Smile Window Switch

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Item:- Front Power Windows
Problems: Slow to go up, Going up slighty sideways and/or tilting
Cause:- THe window slides inside the rubber and after time the rubber section starts to close and binds on the window glass
Fixes:- Always keep the rubbers on the inside of the door frames slighty lubed with silicon spray or graphite powder. A bit of this should be added to your detailing pack and everytime you give it a polish apply alittle to stop the window binding up
Cost:- $10/$15 for a large can of silicon spray

Item:- Front Window switches
Problems:- window won't go up or down occasionally, or switch will not reset itself to neutral.
Cause:- The the switch somehow fill with ash, dust or lint. Eventually reducing the contact points
Solutions: With a large flatblade s/driver pop the whole insert from the door, unplug then tap out the switch.
Then using a small flatblade remove the switch button from the housing, tip it upside down and wait for the contact strip and the two small acuator spacers to fall out.
Grab some cotton buds (cue-tips i think they are called) and poke around getting all the loose dirt out of the housing. Give the contact strip a wipe and light scuff with some paper, the head of the small s/driver will do, a drop of dry lube if you have it then reassemble.
Cost:- $2 for 100 cue tips and $5 for some dry lube
(maybe a photo tutorial would be better)
My Left Hand window switch hadn't worked for months but I could operate the passenger window from the drivers side. Thanks to your tips I pulled the left hand switch apart cleaned it and it is working fine....... Thanks so much it was so easy.
tracka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #523
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Any suggestions where to get a new Au Xr8 Series III radiator? Mines started leaking.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #524
undertow

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: AU Aux input HOW TO. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous1
Any suggestions where to get a new Au Xr8 Series III radiator? Mines started leaking.
Ebay/supercheap/autobarn etc, any AU radiator will fit. Look for one with a thick core. e.g. this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RADIATOR-FORD...item2ea7c8e090
undertow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #525
Venomous1
5.0 means business

thanks.