Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What do u think of stickers on non GT's
Don't like the stripes 34 5.84%
Don't like the bulge sticker 14 2.41%
Don't like either 202 34.71%
Bulge stickers look good 62 10.65%
Stripes look good 30 5.15%
Both look good 108 18.56%
Depends on specific car 121 20.79%
other (please post) 11 1.89%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #31
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
I know the Enforcer and devil R XR8's come witht he stickers i think this is ok for these special editions, but glad they didnt add the stripes as well
Ford obviously defend the right to try and keep the integrity of FPV range and only sell FPV parts to owners, but then contradict their own logic somewhat with bonnet stickers on the devil & enforcer?. I know they are different from the Boss ones but when it suits them they use it. Ive got the bulge sticker on mine (Boss 260) because I think it suits my car too, but have avoided the stripes.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

They stripes may look good on a non GT, but they do NOT deserve to be there.
I just bought my wife a BA XT wagon, i said to her "it would look good with XR8 wheels", her reply "maybe, but i would prefer aftermarket wheels, i don't want it to look like something it's not".......this is from someone with little knowledge or interest in cars.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

[QUOTE=AUGZMK Then I'm going to get some stripes on my AU TS50 just to **** the one's who think they don't belong there. :evil_laug[/QUOTE]

It would be cheaper to wear your undies outside your pants, but will have the same effect of many people laughing.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #34
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Theyre just stripes n stickers. It takes a bit more than that to make a GT.

Why is it ok to build XW-XB GT copies and not late model Falcons?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #35
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Theyre just stripes n stickers. It takes a bit more than that to make a GT.

Why is it ok to build XW-XB GT copies and not late model Falcons?

i reckon its cause the people who have forked out so much money on a real GT hate it because someone else can have what they have but not pay as much....... in the aesthetics dep.

If...... and that is IF i were every to buy a GT.. first thing i woulden do would be take the stickers off..... stickers are so rice! and i reckon that they make the car look cluttered anyway.

BTW
A PERFECT CIRCLE BLOW!
just downloaded there album.... FAR from even a little bit impressed..... sounds like a bunch of 50 +ers at the recording studio i used to frequent....

CRAP! so are stickers
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #36
LUXO_8
windsor user

leave the stripes for the GT's, i point and laugh at XR's with them..........can anyone say poor man's GT??

the bulge should be left to boss engined cars only as well....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #37
Twisted
Contributing Member

Im not a fan of the GT stickers on other cars but I dont mind the "Turbo" stickers as displayed below on JamieXR6's Turbo. The pic is of Jamies car and from Jamies site so all credits go to him. I think these stripes in black would look ok my my Merc Silver XR6T?

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #38
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
leave the stripes for the GT's, i point and laugh at XR's with them..........can anyone say poor man's GT??

Yeah but why do you need to degrade someone just because they happen to like having a bulge etc on there car...
People should point and laugh back at the poor man with an E series!?
how would that make you feel?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #39
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

No stripes and bulge stickers, unclassy imo.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #40
RATT

I'm all for what makes people happy. An XR with stripes isn't bad so long as they look good.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #41
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

I think buldge stickers are a must. As for stipes, it depends on the colour.
Old 22-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #42
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
No stripes and bulge stickers, unclassy imo.
i agree with you, i think they kind of cheapen the look of the car.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #43
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Yeah but why do you need to degrade someone just because they happen to like having a bulge etc on there car...
People should point and laugh back at the poor man with an E series!?
how would that make you feel?

we already do laugh at him!!!!!! :
but maybe thats not a this car

HEY WAYNE
you know im joking
you know we love ya
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #44
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8

a poor mans GT? poor enough to be driving a $40k+ car. what a stupid comment.
I'd say they'd be pointing right back laughing at your car. poor mans BMW?

i think the stripes suit the GT better because of the different bars....the front and rear bar change the stance of the car dramatically, and the stripes just seem to suit it more...that being said, some XR's seem to look better than others with them....depends on the other visual mods

bulge stickers, i think they look great, especially orange on a black car ....some color combos just look hot
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 02:47 AM   #45
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Zebra is laughing at those that have no idea how far $40K is from a new GT, at least Zebra knows his stripes, and where they belong. Stomps hoof 3 times again.!!
Old 23-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #46
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra
Zebra is laughing at those that have no idea how far $40K is from a new GT, at least Zebra knows his stripes, and where they belong. Stomps hoof 3 times again.!!
Dez was actually talking about the XR8's for 40k...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #47
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Why a stupid comment? $40K plus a bag full of stripes is far enough off the GT buy price to be povvo in direct comparison!

The cars being laughed at wouldn't be GT's or XRs (with or without stripes). BMW whats that got to do with it? :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #48
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Why a stupid comment? $40K plus a bag full of stripes is far enough off the GT buy price to be povvo in direct comparison!

The cars being laughed at wouldn't be GT's or XRs (with or without stripes). BMW whats that got to do with it? :
I can't believe i am going into bat for Dez...hahaha

The comment from Dez was a rebutal of Waynes (MadNC-8) post that he pointed and laughed at striped XR's as in his eyes they are a poor mans GT.
The way i am reading it DEz is saying that if you spend 40k on a XR you are far from a poor man.. I agree Red what you are saying about the financial comparision between the GT and XR but as the XR8 is the 2nd from the top of the ladder I think the word povvo isn't really the go.

THe BMW comment is directed straight back at wayne as he has fitted BMW twin lights to his Fairlane.

No matter which way we go these threads always turn to shite one way or another.

Old 23-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #49
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

I regard my much loved XR8 as povvo by GT money, I can live with it!! never lost any sleep over it yet. I dont think too many XR owners wouldn't want a GT but there are more things in life to spend your hard earned on. Painting stripes on a horse doesn't make it a zebra, and the mock-ups do scream tryhard. But hey if anyone just likes the look its their car enjoy it.

And as for the BMW headlights, ricer acessories stripes etc, they are personal choices. To each his own, why is it that those driving the biggest buckets of poo have the most to say about other peoples cars?

Yeah your right threads inviting comments on other peoples personal taste are pretty good on revealing the manure.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 23-05-2005 at 10:53 AM.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 11:52 AM   #50
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

What dream world are you guys in, you compare the XR8 to the GT and say that the XR is povvo at $40k. An XR8 with no options (closest comparison to GT) is $51k, add some options in there and it climbs to more. So please compare the cars and do the maths but please don't say that the XR8 is the cost of the XR6 NA and therefore taint your conclusions.
Never been on a forum before where my car is considered povvo!

As for stripes, I have custom stripes on my XR8 and I think (and a lot of the people I know think) that it looks heaos better. It puts a a big smile on my face everytime I get in it, everytime I park somewhere I can guarantee someone will come up and look at it.I think stripes on XR's are ok but I don't think it is ok to go the body kit and badges etc, that is cloning and I don't respect that. Mine has stripes but it will go no further than that from the GT range.
Old 23-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #51
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8

As for stripes, I have custom stripes on my XR8...... It puts a a big smile on my face everytime I get in it,
THATS IT.. THE LINE TO LOCK THIS THREAD ON!

Old 23-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #52
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'm going to go put a shaker, Cobra/XY GT/BA GT stripes, Tickford/FPV/GT/GT-P/XR6T badges, buldge on boot/WRX scoop on roof on my XD and post photos to **** all you guys off.

Ok, I was only serious about the shaker.

PS; Dez, shut up. You can let a thread go without having to voice your opinion and get all narky.

Last edited by Psycho Chicken; 23-05-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #53
b2tf
not here much anymore

Look more to the point, I think what everybody needs to remember is that not everybody puts stripes on their XR because they want it to look like a GT. Not everybody suffers from jealousy or envy of a nicer car - hell If i had a N/A XR6 I'd be damn happy, i wouldnt be constantly thinking 'I wish it was a GT' - a little hard to make my point, but what Im saying is that there are other reasons than jealousy or envy that people do put things like the stripes and bulge stickers on. I think you'll find most people do it because they feel it looks good, not because they want their car to be something it's not.Each to their own.

I've made my opinion known in this thread but I just thuoght I'd chuck that little bit in as some food for thought for those who think they're only on there cos GT's have them.

Last edited by b2tf; 23-05-2005 at 01:13 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #54
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please remeber to read what it says on the initial post when adding to this thread

please dont turn this into a personal war or anything!!!!!

we must all remember everyone is entitled to their opinion
Old 23-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #55
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
: I think everybody was thinking it but not game to say it. Ah well.

Look more to the point, I think what everybody needs to remember is that not everybody puts stripes on their XR because they want it to look like a GT. Not everybody suffers from jealousy or envy of a nicer car - hell If i had a N/A XR6 I'd be damn happy, i wouldnt be constantly thinking 'I wish it was a GT' - a little hard to make my point, but what Im saying is that there are other reasons than jealousy or envy that people do put things like the stripes and bulge stickers on. I think you'll find most people do it because they feel it looks good, not because they want their car to be something it's not.Each to their own.

I've made my opinion known in this thread but I just thuoght I'd chuck that little bit in as some food for thought for those who think they're only on there cos GT's have them.
so it was ok for you to post that even though you already had your opinion? But i'm not allowed to say anything about the topic? even when people have a go at me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
automatically assuming that they wanted a GT, and not an XR with some visual mods...
And getting "narky"? all i did in my second post was clarify the $40k comment, and also said what you just said then b2tf
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #56
RATT

Ease up people! It's only about stripes that's it.
Old 23-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #57
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Look what stripes has done to the Ford lovers and New customers....
Like it or not it has created much interest in the average consumer market, my opinion doesn't matter but the way I see it average joe is loving putting stripes on his beloved Ford no matter what model and year he has.
Great stuff more Fords are standing out and I bet Ford didn't have a clue they would sell this much vynil.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #58
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

some of you children need to bloody grow up.

To turn a thread from stripes and stickers into this is utter garbage, and those throwing dirt either way seriously need to consider their time here.

Have a break on me.

Last edited by Laminge; 23-05-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #59
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Look what stripes has done to the Ford lovers and New customers....
Like it or not it has created much interest in the average consumer market, my opinion doesn't matter but the way I see it average joe is loving putting stripes on his beloved Ford no matter what model and year he has.
Great stuff more Fords are standing out and I bet Ford didn't have a clue they would sell this much vynil.
You've hit the nail on the head Maurie. It's the "rubber-necking" factor that has improved drastically for Ford in the last 3 years.
Old 23-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #60
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Ease up people! It's only about stripes that's it.
and bulge stickers :