Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #301
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Default Re: THE GT335 competitor 300c SRT8 is going to be cheaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
You are right it is cheaper, but in 10 years time which is going to be worth more, the GT 335 or the 300c SRT8??..I am quite sure it will be the GT, and those that have them will long have forgotten the extra 10 grand they spent on an australian icon..

Yes your dead right and I'm aware of that but the outright appeal of the SRT8 took me by surprise.

I think to be fair the SRT should be matched up against a full house GT-P however the numbes then just get embarrassing for FPV

Hard decisions
Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #302
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
Yes your dead right and I'm aware of that but the outright appeal of the SRT8 took me by surprise.

I think to be fair the SRT should be matched up against a full house GT-P however the numbes then just get embarrassing for FPV

Hard decisions
Have you even driven a new GT?

I have and "the numbers" clearly don't match the awesome performance.

The SRT is a nice car but please consider the weight is more in alignment with a HSV Grange.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #303
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT

Hard decisions
No doubt you will have read my detailed comparison report on the two earlier in this thread. Interestingly when i caught up with 3 other fellow Kiwi enthusiasts on Friday there was universal agreement that FPV cars need more interior kit.
Also universal agreement the new green Swift colour is a dog of a thing, and the new blue called Kinetic is a beautiful thing... but sorry I digress...
Nothing else to add on the subject other than I understand your confusion and make sure you take each one for a good test drive and just go with what your heart says and don't listen to anyone else's opinion. There are no wrong answers on the choice you make, only your own personal preference and if you listen to your heart you can't go wrong.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #304
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

MK II does bring a little more interior kit and tech to the party but yes still a little way to go, especially as most of the FPV range doesn't get the 8-way memory seats etc. of the G6E/GTE. But upper FPVs in MKII do get the nice big new screen and great touch screen sat nav etc.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #305
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had my R-Spec for just over 3 weeks now and absolutely love it! Even when just sitting in the garage it looks lean and mean.

I think most of those who buy R-Specs will hold on to them and so resale isn't much of a factor in the purchase.

I just have to drive it and go up and down the gearbox, hear that supercharger whine and the snap crackle pop of the exhaust and I realise although it might not have a fraction of the features of the SRT8 I'm well and truly over my flirtations with the 300 SRT8.
Old 15-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #306
A300srt8

Finally got my new car,5 months wait

yes i know its not a ford or a turbo but time for a change

A300srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #307
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interior fit and finish looks great, certainly much better than the locals!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #308
Kevxr8Leexr6

Sweet soundin engine in these things, have to say i dont mind the whole package myself. by the no plate. ur in the game yourself in a way ?
Kevxr8Leexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #309
05_ENFORCER

Reminds me of my old Marquis with that foot brake

Old 15-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #310
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations Bosco! It's a nice looking machine.

Saw one exactly like it this morning waiting to turn on to the city bound on-ramp of the M4 off the Northern Road. The guy gave it a bootful down the on-ramp and gee it sounded nice!! Only thing was this stupid motorcylist sat right on his tail the whole way down.

Happy motoring and I'm sure you'll enjoy all the creature comforts!
Old 15-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #311
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats on the cruiser, nothing pleases like a new toy in the driveway ;).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #312
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

Beautiful car, i went to chrysler dealer in adelaide with the cash to buy one but they were complete a holes so i took my business elsewhere thus how i ended up with a gt 335
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #313
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisosicko View Post
Beautiful car, i went to chrysler dealer in adelaide with the cash to buy one but they were complete a holes so i took my business elsewhere thus how i ended up with a gt 335
Did you go back to them Pretty Woman style?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #314
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Did you go back to them Pretty Woman style?
Havnt seen pretty women :-S
Old 15-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #315
Rodge
Banned

Congrats, looks nice and crisp in white. I am certian you will really enjoy it, they're an outstanding motor vehicle and Chrysler deserves to sell them by the boat-load at that price.
Old 15-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #316
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Havnt seen pretty women :-S
She goes into a fancy dress store dressed like a bum, but with a bottomless credit card that she can use as she pleases and doesn't get any service, actually, gets asked to leave if memory serves.

Then she returns the following day......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtVVHg41kU

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 15-12-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #317
GTBenny
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice. If I couldn't buy a GT335 I'd seriously consider one of these.

Benny
GT 335 MKII, ZF6, Tein coilovers, YT snout, 61mm pulley, KPM 1500HP fuel system, 1000cc injectors, E85, KPM exhaust, BMC air filter, KPM Streetfighter intercooler, built tail shaft, Truetrac, 479rwkw - 950nm.
GTBenny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #318
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah have heard of this happening a few times.
Like a mates dad who walked into a Mercedes dealership as a keen and serious buyer... In shorts and thongs. Didn't get any serious help so purchased elsewhere.

Guess they have to treat every person as a serious buyer, which I imaging could get frustrating.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #319
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Yeah have heard of this happening a few times.
Like a mates dad who walked into a Mercedes dealership as a keen and serious buyer... In shorts and thongs. Didn't get any serious help so purchased elsewhere.

Guess they have to treat every person as a serious buyer, which I imaging could get frustrating.

Damn straight! Probs pay more in tax than he makes
Old 18-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #320
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

That is one beautiful car... I will be ordering my 300 next year (hopefully Feb)... its was a hard fought fight between the 300 and G6E Turbo, Features vs Performance. but I came to the decision i would use the features a hell of a lot more then the awesome performance of the Turbo.

The budget cant stretch to a SRT8 this time thou :( as i am saving for a wedding in Bora Bora for me & the fiance', but I am getting a 300C luxury.. in white, these cars look brilliant in white... I assume that's why they call their white "brilliant White" lol!

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #321
Rodge
Banned

^^Nice car mate, wouldn't rule one of them out for myself at the next change-over.
Sooooo much comfort and technology there's no great hurry to get anywhere, you might as well cruise and enjoy the ride. Well worth optioning in the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system IMO. I agree, the white looks really crisp and clean. Enjoy !!

You getting the diesel or the petrol ?
Old 18-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #322
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

petrol... its a nicer sounding engine and has a good punch for this type of car (considering the weight) and the 8 speed is just so smooth.

I am optioning the stereo for sure, i have been told mine will most likely will have to built for me as not too many are floating around with the upgraded stereo, it was the main reason going the Luxury over the standard 300c, as the 300c couldn't option the upgraded stereo. if its going to be cruiser, its going to need a brilliant stereo in my eyes.

October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
Old 18-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #323
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

It was really good, my local dealer gave me a standard 300c model over night test drive when i approached him and told him i was cross shoppin it against a g6e turbo. The longer i had it, the more i loved it!

Old 18-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #324
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
She goes into a fancy dress store dressed like a bum, but with a bottomless credit card that she can use as she pleases and doesn't get any service, actually, gets asked to leave if memory serves.

Then she returns the following day......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtVVHg41kU
Before buying my GT-P I tried to get a test drive of a GTS Coupe at Madills Noosa several times but as I was turning up in a "povvo" Fairmont Ghia was constaly given excuses as to why I couldn't.

I turned up in my shiny new GT-P about 6 months later and parked it in front of the showroom near to the now heavily discounted previous year GTS wandered in and found the sales guy and then told him in front of the DP not to worry about not letting me test drive the GTS as I bought the blue car out the front.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #325
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Before buying my GT-P I tried to get a test drive of a GTS Coupe at Madills Noosa several times but as I was turning up in a "povvo" Fairmont Ghia was constaly given excuses as to why I couldn't.

I turned up in my shiny new GT-P about 6 months later and parked it in front of the showroom near to the now heavily discounted previous year GTS wandered in and found the sales guy and then told him in front of the DP not to worry about not letting me test drive the GTS as I bought the blue car out the front.
Certainly is the sweetest revenge.
(accidentally) saw a current affairs show where Gerry Harvey went into Harvey Norman (dressed like a wino) and got differing service from the various Gen-Y staffers! Good television, especially when he went back in, as himself. Gold.

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #326
A300srt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Congratulations Bosco! It's a nice looking machine.

Saw one exactly like it this morning waiting to turn on to the city bound on-ramp of the M4 off the Northern Road. The guy gave it a bootful down the on-ramp and gee it sounded nice!! Only thing was this stupid motorcylist sat right on his tail the whole way down.

Happy motoring and I'm sure you'll enjoy all the creature comforts!
Yeah all great love it,Heaps of tech stuff but really like the sound system and the keyless entry,start.
Sounds good what you hammer it but still needs a cat back system and a tune to remove all the torque tags

Overall its a sweet ride

Last edited by A300srt8; 18-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.
A300srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post